News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And just when everything was starting to look a bit more positive...

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, July 20, 2010, 09:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/20/2034620/breaking-news-martin-jol-says-talks-with-ajax-board-are-set

Martin Jol says talks with Ajax board are set to resume as Fulham continue to chase him as manager
Jol will resume negotiations with Ajax on Wednesday...

By Daniel Sheppard
20 Jul 2010 21:05:00

Ajax manager Martin Jol admits his representatives have been contacted by 'Al-Fayed and his people' to fill the vacant role left by Roy Hodgson as manager of Fulham.

Jol expressed his frustration at Ajax's stagnation and financial limitations, but admits that talks with the Dutch club will resume on Wednesday, dismissing claims he is set to sign for Fulham within the coming days.

When questioned about his future and rumours circulating in England that his contract with the club included a £1 million buyout clause, Jol admitted to being approached by Fulham.

"Fulham are interested and have approached me via Al-Fayed and his people, but I won't give Ajax an ultimatum," Jol told reporters, including Goal.com's Wout Stravers.

"On Wednesday, we will resume talks [with Ajax].

"These talks have been running for a couple of days, maybe a couple of weeks.

"I'm worried about Ajax, but the board is, too, because we have to let some players leave.

"There is interest in some of our top players and that is why I'm worried.

"We are not in negotiations. It is more a case of 'how are we going to find a solution?'

"We see that other clubs are active in the transfer market, yet Ajax isn't."

Earlier on Tuesday, Goal.com UK had exclusively revealed that Jol would be offered a 12-month rolling contract by Fulham to succeed Roy Hodgson, now Liverpool coach, at Craven Cottage.

Negotiations between Ajax and Fulham had broken down in their opening stages with Ajax refusing to release the former Tottenham Hotspur manager, but Jol's public announcement of Fulham's interest may allow for negotiations to resume, with Fulham looking to negotiate a lower compensation figure.

Fernhurst

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 20, 2010, 10:29:29 PM
oh jeees... I'm getting fed up :013:

Interview by Jol coming up on SSN shortly. I'm pretty sure it'll be based on this article but might be worth watching.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 20, 2010, 10:40:23 PM

Interview by Jol coming up on SSN shortly. I'm pretty sure it'll be based on this article but might be worth watching.
I keep posting things are coming up shortly on SSN, but then they keep you waiting half an hour. Saying that i've just picked up my Sky remote and changing channels.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 20, 2010, 10:44:26 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 20, 2010, 10:40:23 PM

I keep posting things are coming up shortly on SSN, but then they keep you waiting half an hour. Saying that i've just picked up my Sky remote and changing channels.

You missed it Fred. Excuse my french but a pile of w*** it was too. Basically said 'I won't come to Fulham if the club I love (Ajax) give me a big pot of coins and my cheating striker doesn't leave'. We might aswell move on, he doesn't want to come to little old Fulham.

White Noise

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/20/2034456/fulham-confident-of-appointing-martin-jol-as-manager-within-next-

Fulham confident of appointing Martin Jol as manager within next 24 hours on rolling 12 month contract

Former Spurs boss to be given £15 million war chest...

20 Jul 2010 19:50:00

By Wayne Veysey | Chief correspondent

Fulham are confident of appointing Martin Jol as their new manager within the next 24 hours on a 12-month rolling contract, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Jol's proposed move to west London hit a stumbling block, with Ajax refusing to negotiate with Fulham over his release, and the former Tottenham manager giving mixed public messages over whether he plans to stay in Holland.

MORE...

•Fulham managerial target Martin Jol tells Ajax he wants to leave - report
•Betting markets thrown into chaos as Jol stretches out to evens to take Fulham job
•Jol leading the race to be Fulham manager, as Sven drops out and Southgate joins the running

But Goal.com UK understands that Jol has told Fulham today that he wants to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, despite earlier reports in the Dutch media that he is prepared to snub the Premier League club providing Ajax give him the funds to strengthen the squad this summer.

Jol's contract allows him to move in return for compensation of £1million, believed to be the value of his Ajax salary, which was agreed and inserted in his contract when he joined the club 12 months ago.

It is believed that, although Fulham's managerial search has been led by chief executive Alistair Mackintosh, he is not currently in Amsterdam because his partner gave birth to his first child yesterday, a month prematurely.

A delegation led by club secretary Darren Preston is ready to present Jol with a 12-month rolling contract worth around £1.5m a year, including bonuses, which had been agreed in principle between both parties over the weekend.

Fulham expect the Dutchman to put pen to paper by tomorrow, and link up with the club on their pre-season tour of Sweden ahead of their first game against Halmstads on Thursday.

Owner Mohamed Al-Fayed is prepared to hand Jol a £15m transfer kitty, plus whatever profits he can make from player sales. However, rumours of a move for Tottenham's Robbie Keane are believed to be wide of the mark.

Nonetheless, Ajax do not want to lose Jol, who led the club to second position in last season's Eredivisie, and have dug in their heels. Ajax sources told Goal.com UK that Jol had been locked in talks with the club today and was still expected to take charge of Friday's high-profile friendly against Chelsea. The chances of him taking over at Fulham are rated at "50-50", say the sources.

If Fulham cannot seal the deal for Jol, it will be back to the drawing board in the hunt for Hodgson's successor. It is understood that there is no fall-back option however, should the move not be completed.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: White Noise on July 20, 2010, 10:48:43 PM

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/20/2034456/fulham-confident-of-appointing-martin-jol-as-manager-within-next-

Fulham confident of appointing Martin Jol as manager within next 24 hours on rolling 12 month contract

Former Spurs boss to be given £15 million war chest...

20 Jul 2010 19:50:00

By Wayne Veysey | Chief correspondent

Fulham are confident of appointing Martin Jol as their new manager within the next 24 hours on a 12-month rolling contract, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Jol's proposed move to west London hit a stumbling block, with Ajax refusing to negotiate with Fulham over his release, and the former Tottenham manager giving mixed public messages over whether he plans to stay in Holland.

MORE...

•Fulham managerial target Martin Jol tells Ajax he wants to leave - report
•Betting markets thrown into chaos as Jol stretches out to evens to take Fulham job
•Jol leading the race to be Fulham manager, as Sven drops out and Southgate joins the running

But Goal.com UK understands that Jol has told Fulham today that he wants to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, despite earlier reports in the Dutch media that he is prepared to snub the Premier League club providing Ajax give him the funds to strengthen the squad this summer.

Jol's contract allows him to move in return for compensation of £1million, believed to be the value of his Ajax salary, which was agreed and inserted in his contract when he joined the club 12 months ago.

It is believed that, although Fulham's managerial search has been led by chief executive Alistair Mackintosh, he is not currently in Amsterdam because his partner gave birth to his first child yesterday, a month prematurely.

A delegation led by club secretary Darren Preston is ready to present Jol with a 12-month rolling contract worth around £1.5m a year, including bonuses, which had been agreed in principle between both parties over the weekend.

Fulham expect the Dutchman to put pen to paper by tomorrow, and link up with the club on their pre-season tour of Sweden ahead of their first game against Halmstads on Thursday.

Owner Mohamed Al-Fayed is prepared to hand Jol a £15m transfer kitty, plus whatever profits he can make from player sales. However, rumours of a move for Tottenham's Robbie Keane are believed to be wide of the mark.

Nonetheless, Ajax do not want to lose Jol, who led the club to second position in last season's Eredivisie, and have dug in their heels. Ajax sources told Goal.com UK that Jol had been locked in talks with the club today and was still expected to take charge of Friday's high-profile friendly against the dark side. The chances of him taking over at Fulham are rated at "50-50", say the sources.

If Fulham cannot seal the deal for Jol, it will be back to the drawing board in the hunt for Hodgson's successor. It is understood that there is no fall-back option however, should the move not be completed.

That entire article contradicts the title. THis is so depressing, I bet we won't have a manger in place by the time the team return from Sweden.