A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

do you use Tapatalk?

Started by WhiteJC, June 24, 2015, 09:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you use a mobile device to visit this site?

Tapatalk
7 (22.6%)
no Tapatalk
22 (71%)
no mobile use
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

WhiteJC

Hi Guys

how many of you use Tapatalk?

the reason for asking is that I've received reports of users being bombarded with adds for Tapatalk when using mobile devices.
this would be annoying, to say the least, and potentially makes FoF unusable unless you sign up for Tapatalk! as far as I'm concerned that's SPAM so, depending on the current use, I'm tempted to remove the Tapatalk app from this forum

so if you use Tapatalk, let me know or if you visit the site via a mobile device but don't use Tapatalk I'd be interested in that also

rgds
WhiteJC

rweller86

I have it, not a fan of it so much though, so not the end of the world if it's binned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

MJG

Yes I use it all the time, they have started putting ad's into the list of threads and its usually the 2nd one down, but I'd not want you to take it away. Using this form on a phone is quite difficult and a bit of a fiddle.

kdjr100

I was told when trying to access the site on my mobile I had to download and use Tapatalk. I think it is a decent app now I have the hang of it, wouldn't want it taken away
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

westcliff white

I use my iPhone and have been asked numerous times about tapatalk, I do not use it find the adds annoyingly frustrating to say the least. I find the site easy to use without having to use it.
Every day is a Fulham day

Fernhurst

Completly opposite to MJG...never had the slightest issue using this site without using tapatalk.
I have always used iPhones (currently 6extra) and have always been annoyed by their constant pop up's.

A vote for binning it from me.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Old timer

I have it and don't like it all but find it difficult to access FoF in any other way

elgreenio

I use it and don't particularly see an issue with the ads (though i'm probably on an older version and possibly navigate differently to this forum)
touch my camera through the fence

snarks

Tried it on my phone for this and another forum. Maybe I've set it up wrongly or don't use it properly, but I find it easier to ignore and just go to the site as if I were on a PC/Laptop. I don't use it on the tablet either.

Airfix

Don't use it, I can access on my iPhone 5 and iPad quite easily. 

A vote to bin it.

kempkong

I use it as the sole way of accessing this forum

leonffc

I use it and find it ok, especially having the direct access straight to the general discussion from my screen.
When it updates it takes me about a week to navigate around it but I'm ok at the minute.
As for adds - there's usually one on the actual list of discussion threads as MJG says but I thought this was FoF making money and it doesn't really bother me now I'm used to it.
So I'd vote keep it BUT if it went I'd soon adapt and my world wouldn't cave in

Berserker

I use it and the latest update seems better than the last, apart from messages aren't in a easy place to notice
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

I must admit if I couldn't use tapatalk I wouldn't look at the forum much
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on June 24, 2015, 09:10:13 AM
Yes I use it all the time, they have started putting ad's into the list of threads and its usually the 2nd one down, but I'd not want you to take it away. Using this form on a phone is quite difficult and a bit of a fiddle.

I agree with MJG.  I use it a lot especially when traveling on both phone and Ipad.  Would hate to lose it.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Same as snarks, tried it on smartphone, didn't like it, so I go directly to the site on mobile and tablet.

As for binning it, I'm not aware of being ad-bombed by the app, so it doesn't affect me I guess.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

YankeeJim

I tried it and saw no advantage to just going to the site. The ads were irritating but that's just the internet today.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Riverside

I use it on my iPhone . Very easy to use . I don't seem to be bombed by adds .
My vote is to keep it

Barry@ENF

I am opposed to anything which bombards you until you sign up and have no intention of acceding. I access the board without it so my vote is to bin it.

gezkc

I've set the FOF forum as a bookmark on my phone, so just go straight to it. I used to get a pop up asking if I wanted to download the Tapatalk app, but don't seem to any more. It might be because my bookmark bypasses the log in screen, but it doesn't bother me one way or the other.