News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we have a "Warchest" or is Ali Mack playing silly 'games' again??

Started by Nick Bateman, June 29, 2015, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Gordon Taylor?

Nick Bateman

The PFA are in cahoots with the FL, in my view, Taylor is virtually in bed with Greg Clarke, chairman of said unlawfully inept organisation.

NB: I should have elaborated this in my earlier posting so to one "not on the same wave-length" as I, it may have appeared odd to refer to Gordon Taylor.  Just to clear that misunderstanding up!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

So many mistakes in so few posts today, even for yourself.

Nick Bateman

Fernhurst

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2015, 12:31:34 PM
I believe the sale of Roberts will fund this summers transfer activity. Not that I'm surprised though, Khan said we'll be self sufficient moving forward.

From his body language in those training photos he looks as if he is halfway out the back door already.

Would've absolutely loved to see him perform in a successful Fulham team but if his agent has indicated he will not extend his contract we must take him to auction.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

westcliff white

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 29, 2015, 06:36:56 PM
The PFA are in cahoots with the FL, in my view, Taylor is virtually in bed with Greg Clarke, chairman of said unlawfully inept organisation.

NB: I should have elaborated this in my earlier posting so to one "not on the same wave-length" as I, it may have appeared odd to refer to Gordon Taylor.  Just to clear that misunderstanding up!
Who is Greg Clarke I thought It was Greg Dyke? Have I got it wrong and missed another change?
Every day is a Fulham day

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 29, 2015, 09:01:17 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2015, 12:31:34 PM
I believe the sale of Roberts will fund this summers transfer activity. Not that I'm surprised though, Khan said we'll be self sufficient moving forward.

From his body language in those training photos he looks as if he is halfway out the back door already.

Would've absolutely loved to see him perform in a successful Fulham team but if his agent has indicated he will not extend his contract we must take him to auction.

His body language in a few photos.
Cmon now, that's a bit much isn't it?!
How on earth can you read his body language from a few still images?!

Forever Fulham

To be fair, Nick, I don't think you attacked the owner. I agree with much of what you wrote, though your introduction of topic was a bit incendiary.  Look at all the abuse you take based on style points.  I like reading most of your posts as they contain interesting nuggets.  But it looks like board members are predisposed to jump on your back for throwing up too many flames in past threads.  I, too, think FFP as it applies to FFC right now --in the the Championship--is in a state of flux.  I'd like to see one or two attention-getting signings of highly respected players of EPL experience and quality.  Would show we mean business about getting back up.  And would encourage others we might want to give us a serious consideration.  Show pony signings.  Am I alone in thinking this way?

HatterDon

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on June 29, 2015, 03:26:33 PM
I have a new philosophy regarding FFC.  If I really want to know what's going on, I should ignore wind-bagging and pontiuspilatificating and just follow MJG's posts.  His thumb and forefinger seem to be well and truly connected.  Plus he seems quite economical with words.
Nogood "less verballacking, isit" Boyo

You speak the truth, Kimosabe
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

blingo

Quote from: HatterDon on June 30, 2015, 01:49:20 AM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on June 29, 2015, 03:26:33 PM
I have a new philosophy regarding FFC.  If I really want to know what's going on, I should ignore wind-bagging and pontiuspilatificating and just follow MJG's posts.  His thumb and forefinger seem to be well and truly connected.  Plus he seems quite economical with words.
Nogood "less verballacking, isit" Boyo

You speak the truth, Kimosabe

It's Nogood - Goosing the Gander isit - Boyo lol.

Berserker

I'm glad the pre-season is starting if it means No good, Hatter and Blingo are posting more. Brings a smile to my face reading your comments
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nero

talking of ffp, what ever happened to qpr and the 60m fine they where due to get, gone very quiet, looking like you can spend spend spend

MJG

It's currently sitting with both parties and the law firms,  so expect it to drag out till November. Partly why they are moving quickly in case anything happens earlier.

Nick Bateman

There isn't a court in any quantum universe that would have agreed to fine QPR £60million because they spent their own money!!??  And the Football League are supposed to protect clubs from going bankrupt!

I am serious that Fulham should also oppose the legistlators of the FFP in the FL and make them amend their interpretation of UEFA's recently revised dictate.  Platini backed down as he knew what UEFA were doing was contrary to European Law.

They regarded Manchester City & Paris SG as 'small' clubs, as they feel Fulham are relatively with the FL, and would not allow them to financially compete for players as Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barca, Arsenal (yes Arsenal) and others were deemed - it is a wholly corrupt and lurid method to keep the status quo at the top (and some people complain about Sepp Blatter)!!

And Fulham still have the parachute payment of around £30million pa with one more season to go.  That's £60 MILLION more than most of the other Championship clubs have incoming.

Surely even under the most frugal, misery and draconian fiscal provisioning, Fulham can use the might of the AMERICAN DOLLAR in Khan and spend our way out of a crisis, that being, stuck in this miserable league full of Northerners with half-developed grounds, where the men's urinal is merely a WALL on a slope!!

Come on Khan and Ali Mack, get your proverbial finger's out and start the revolution we all want!

Roberty

The Championship FFP has nothing to do with either the Premier League FFP or EUFA FFP, each make their own rules

As I understand it we receive £60m over FOUR years and £15m does not go very far in this business

The jury is still out on the QPR overspend and the ultimate punishment is a visit to none-league football if they refuse to pay any penalty. If they can convince the Football League that their financial manipulation was within the rules I would expect us and all of the other clubs with wealth owners to follow suit

One small point - do you ever have anything good to say about our club, it's owner and the management?

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

More rubbish,  do some research on the parachute payments and come back then.

MJG

Actually I know you won't so here it is
£24m in the first year back in the Championship, £19.2m in year two, £9.6m in year three and another £9.6m in the final year

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Roberty on June 30, 2015, 05:55:09 PM

One small point - do you ever have anything good to say about our club, it's owner and the management?

I said nothing against Khan nor even Ali Mack in my last post, but in the position Fulham are in, coming from the luxurious opulent scenario we revelled in the top division, it is hard to accept being reduced to this lower tier and not doing very well in it.

When things are going swimmingly the praise will gush from every orifice and it is the same with most genuine expectant fans and pre-season Fulham do not need compacency now, or it will be another year delayed to our return.  Abramovich is laughing while he dominates our neighbourhood for support and I want Khan and our admin to put things right to wipe the Cossack smirk off that oligarch's face!

Jem

"Surely even under the most frugal, misery and draconian fiscal provisioning, Fulham can use the might of the AMERICAN DOLLAR in Khan and spend our way out of a crisis, that being, stuck in this miserable league full of Northerners with half-developed grounds, where the men's urinal is merely a WALL on a slope!"

Isn't one being just a little parochial old chap?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 30, 2015, 06:55:13 PM
Quote from: Roberty on June 30, 2015, 05:55:09 PM

I said nothing against Khan nor even Ali Mack in my last post, but in the position Fulham are in, coming from the luxurious opulent scenario we revelled in the top division, it is hard to accept being reduced to this lower tier and not doing very well in it.

When things are going swimmingly the praise will gush from every orifice and it is the same with most genuine expectant fans and pre-season Fulham do not need compacency now, or it will be another year delayed to our return.  Abramovich is laughing while he dominates our neighbourhood for support and I want Khan and our admin to put things right to wipe the Cossack smirk off that oligarch's face!
[/quote

I doubt if the Chelsea Chairman gives Fulham FC a seconds thought, why would he. We are not in a position to go toe to toe with Chelsea or their Chairman.
Brentford achieved the double over us last season. That's where we are, and until we can get our pride back, and the club has to earn that, and until we can visit the Griffin Parks and come away with maximum points, you cannot unfortunately mention Fulham and Chelsea in the same breath, and that no longer bothers me.
We have to rebuild from the ruins of the last 2/3 seasons, and get the best and most out of our thriving Academy, and be shrewd in the Transfer market, take a step at a time, I am happy with that providing the right structure is in place, including the Manager, and we are seen to make progress, on and off the pitch, both can run in accordance with each other, if you have the right staff, in the right positions. Too much energy can be wasted in worrying about the likes of Chelsea and QPR. They don't bother me. I just want Fulham and England to be successful.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.