watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official: Jamie O'Hara training with us

Started by intertoto2002fulham, June 29, 2015, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intertoto2002fulham

Check out the pre-season begins images on the official website, image 16.

Lighthouse

Already mentioned on the transfers silly season page. There is a long way from training to being signed. But it can't be a bad sign.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Quote from: fulhamben on June 29, 2015, 03:21:15 PM
didnt he slag us off a few years back

who cares. People change you know and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

jelmo

Quote from: General on June 29, 2015, 04:39:54 PM

Also... Most people on this forum have slagged Fulham off over the past couple of years. Probably more so than O'Hara (if he did slag Fulham off that is!)

fulhamben

Quote from: jelmo on June 29, 2015, 04:42:43 PM

Also... Most people on this forum have slagged Fulham off over the past couple of years. Probably more so than O'Hara (if he did slag Fulham off that is!)
got to love fulham, lots on here cant wait to get rid of roberts, because he apprantly doesnt want to be here, but a player who slagged us off is welcomed with opened arms.

leonffc

Quote from: jelmo on June 29, 2015, 04:42:43 PM

I slag Fulham off nearly every week. More so on those long train journeys back from away games!!

He's never really lived up to his potential but I think he had a bad back injury? Anyway, didn't he have a really good season in a struggling Blackpool side last year?

Fulham76

Hopefully he's with us purely to get fit. He's not the sort of player that will help us push for promotion!
He's never set the world alight at any of his previous clubs & barely plays more than a handful of games wherever he's been for some reason.

God The Mechanic

He had the fourth highest key passes and assists per minutes/games played last year, playing in 27 games having only joined in November.  That's not bad in a team that was in as big a shambles as Blackpool were last season.

The same stats in the PL would have had in fourth and fifth in key passes and assists respectively too.

Jack Fulham

Fulham76

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 29, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

From @cwormbridge on twitter.
Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 29, 2015, 05:25:37 PM
He had the fourth highest key passes and assists per minutes/games played last year, playing in 27 games having only joined in November.  That's not bad in a team that was in as big a shambles as Blackpool were last season.

The same stats in the PL would have had in fourth and fifth in key passes and assists respectively too.

I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to stand out in that team!

As for the comment about similar stats in the PL.... He wouldn't get in to any PL teams, that's why he was in the championship, and for a struggling club in a complete mess.

God The Mechanic

Well, placing fourth in the LEAGUE shows him standing out in the league.  If he was the best at Blackpool and the 100 best in the league, that might have been a valid point.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 29, 2015, 05:30:12 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 29, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

From @cwormbridge on twitter.
Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 29, 2015, 05:25:37 PM
He had the fourth highest key passes and assists per minutes/games played last year, playing in 27 games having only joined in November.  That's not bad in a team that was in as big a shambles as Blackpool were last season.

I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to stand out in that team!

As for the comment about similar stats in the PL.... He wouldn't get in to any PL teams, that's why he was in the championship, and for a struggling club in a complete mess.
its up there with the ole he played well against us last year, yes well so did over two hundred other players

leonffc

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 29, 2015, 05:32:36 PM
Well, placing fourth in the LEAGUE shows him standing out in the league.  If he was the best at Blackpool and the 100 best in the league, that might have been a valid point.

Exactly!! How many players struggled to shine in our shower of shite last year?!

Fulham76

Did you ever look on the official website after each of our defeats last season? They were constantly trying to tell us that the stats proved we actually played quite well, (bournemouth was the funniest one for me), where in fact we rarely played well.
I'm not saying O'Hara didn't play well for Blackpool but stats can be presented in a way to suit most arguments.

leonffc

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 29, 2015, 05:40:25 PM

Did you ever look on the official website after each of our defeats last season? They were constantly trying to tell us that the stats proved we actually played quite well, (bournemouth was the funniest one for me), where in fact we rarely played well.
I'm not saying O'Hara didn't play well for Blackpool but stats can be presented in a way to suit most arguments.

Lol. I struggled to go in any form of media after most of our games.
Maybe they used those stats to give Kit the job because I thought we were papering over cracks for England during his trial period (but concede his results earned him a chance before everyone steams in - just not my choice on actual performances)

TBH, Ohara, Pringle, Cairney. I'm nonplussed, I don't know enough about them to be excited or disappointed about them. I'm just going to wait until the season starts before I make judgement.

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on June 29, 2015, 05:47:08 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on June 29, 2015, 05:40:25 PM

Lol. I struggled to go in any form of media after most of our games.
Maybe they used those stats to give Kit the job because I thought we were papering over cracks for England during his trial period (but concede his results earned him a chance before everyone steams in - just not my choice on actual performances)

TBH, Ohara, Pringle, Cairney. I'm nonplussed, I don't know enough about them to be excited or disappointed about them. I'm just going to wait until the season starts before I make judgement.
i hear that. dont think i read a sunday paper once, or watched the highlight show last season. terrible football will do that to you

McBride78

If there is a positive that we can all take from this it is that the club is discretely active.  We find out this guy is training with us from photos.  That is a good indicator that there is a lot of activity out there that may not have made it to the rumor mill yet.  Let's hope so. 

Nick Bateman

One name comes to mind when discussing Jamie O'Hara - Lewis Holtby.

When in the mood, run about tirelessly albiet rather aimlessly like a headless chicken - the apparent enthusiasm warms fans over intitially until they see Holtby/O'Hara flatter to deceive.

Soon same player loses motivation yet insists on being picked for the first team and become a bad influence in the dressing room as BOTH players were.  And I am referring to O'Hara in his prime, not this out-of-form unwanted under-achieving layabout.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"