watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official: Jamie O'Hara training with us

Started by intertoto2002fulham, June 29, 2015, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Honestly don't know what to make of some on this board. First they're eager for us to get rid of our more skilful players like Ruiz and Pat Roberts and fill the team with players who have experience at this level because they want players who run  round like headless chickens. When  we start doing that ( and with some of the better talents at this level into the bargain) they start moaning because (a) were should show ,more ambition (b) Because they don't like the players concerned or (c) Because they've never heard of them or don't care one way or another.  Now I've done my share of moaning in the last couple of years, but come on guys at least we have some transfer activity when a couple of weeks ago we were getting the annual late June gripe that we had not yet signed anyone.  Seems that they can't please any of the people any of the time at present.

jelmo

Quote from: fulhamben on June 29, 2015, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: jelmo on June 29, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: General on June 29, 2015, 04:39:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 29, 2015, 03:21:15 PM
didnt he slag us off a few years back

who cares. People change you know and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Also... Most people on this forum have slagged Fulham off over the past couple of years. Probably more so than O'Hara (if he did slag Fulham off that is!)
got to love fulham, lots on here cant wait to get rid of roberts, because he apprantly doesnt want to be here, but a player who slagged us off is welcomed with opened arms.

sounds like you can't even remember the details of this horrific insult that he threw Fulham's way. surely it couldn't have been that bad???? Did he diss fulham's mum?

Nick Bateman

Headless chicken now the shape and size of a turkey - why would any progressive side want this castaway not even Wolves wanted?!?

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

leonffc

Quote from: Tonywa on June 29, 2015, 06:33:07 PM
Honestly don't know what to make of some on this board. First they're eager for us to get rid of our more skilful players like Ruiz and Pat Roberts and fill the team with players who have experience at this level because they want players who run  round like headless chickens. When  we start doing that ( and with some of the better talents at this level into the bargain) they start moaning because (a) were should show ,more ambition (b) Because they don't like the players concerned or (c) Because they've never heard of them or don't care one way or another.  Now I've done my share of moaning in the last couple of years, but come on guys at least we have some transfer activity when a couple of weeks ago we were getting the annual late June gripe that we had not yet signed anyone.  Seems that they can't please any of the people any of the time at present.

I was totally agreeing with this until (c) which seems to dig at what I wrote. If it is, I'd just like to clarify;
I don't know enough about them so I'm neither nonplussed nor excited. IE. I'm not slagging anyone off because I don't know enough about them so until I've judged them for myself over a few games, I'll give them a chance. I don't think you can get much fairer than that!!

Otherwise, good post Tony :)

McBride78

Since Aaron Ramsey or Jordan Henderson, or any other host of top shelf midfielders are not on our payroll, what is the problem with this guy training with us and possibly signing if we deem him valuable enough?  Was productive last year.  Exactly what level of ambition is appropriate for our club and how much money does one think we have?  As for Wolves not wanting him, according to the table they are a better squad than us by 10 places and around 26 points or so.  To close that gap we need players, and frankly I dont care what shape they are if they improve the squad....turkey, chicken, duck.  Just come in, work hard, challenge existing players to up their game as well. 

I am also fine with keeping Ruiz, Mitro, and Roberts if it is deemed the way to advance the club.  Especially Roberts.  However, if Ruiz and Mitro are not in the plans, then ship them out and reinvest the money.   

fulhamben

Quote from: McBride78 on June 29, 2015, 08:58:11 PM
Since Aaron Ramsey or Jordan Henderson, or any other host of top shelf midfielders are not on our payroll, what is the problem with this guy training with us and possibly signing if we deem him valuable enough?  Was productive last year.  Exactly what level of ambition is appropriate for our club and how much money does one think we have?  As for Wolves not wanting him, according to the table they are a better squad than us by 10 places and around 26 points or so.  To close that gap we need players, and frankly I dont care what shape they are if they improve the squad....turkey, chicken, duck.  Just come in, work hard, challenge existing players to up their game as well. 

I am also fine with keeping Ruiz, Mitro, and Roberts if it is deemed the way to advance the club.  Especially Roberts.  However, if Ruiz and Mitro are not in the plans, then ship them out and reinvest the money.   
wolves dumped him when they were in the third division.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

He lost his way at Wolves big time for a number of reasons. And I'll be the first to joke about his weight and everything like that.
But he went to Blackpool,  played well and now he looks fit,  so up to him.

Supermitch

Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
He list his way at Wolves big time for a number of reasons. And I'll be the first to joke about his weight and everything like that.
But he went to Blackpool,  played well and now he looks fit,  so up to him.

In the game at Bloomfield Road on the beach of a pitch he was by far the best player on the pitch.  Not saying a lot given the poor quality of that game.  As stated here though he's getting fit and up to him.

YoungsBitter

Reading up his background he has had some bad injuries at crucial times, back at Spurs then hammy/groin at Wolves. He was a big signing for Wolves on Prem wages and when finally fit after the hammy groin saga Wolves were in League 1 so not surprising that Jackett didn't want him around. He is London born and bred so probably happy to be back south. If he can reproduce the stats he did at Blackpool without a signing fee it sounds like good business for us. With his injuries and a recent presumably expensive divorce he probably is both a bit more humble and needs a good contract so this could be good depth option for us to share minutes with Parker and Hindeman. He will be 29 in September so his maturity balances some of the 21-24 year olds.
I cannot understand why we would be skeptical of this as he is only training, if he works out and gets on with everyone he gets signed, if not nothing lost.
Quark, strangeness and charm

St Eve

Oh please. He was an ok player in his prime. This really is a step backwards.

westcliff white

O'Hara for all his faults in the past isnt too bad a player. Signing him on a free would be far better than any of the following Fazlic, Fotheringham and Chihi from last season
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Ohara would be a squad player and nothing more, and the less we pay for these types of players the better, on a free he would provide some depth.
C O Y W

Pie and mash

No thanks, the only people that would do well out of this deal is the local McDonalds

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Chutney on June 30, 2015, 10:36:38 AM
Ohara would be a squad player and nothing more, and the less we pay for these types of players the better, on a free he would provide some depth.

Have you seen the chart on page one? He is higher rated than either of cairney or pringle. He started as many games as cairney and scored one less than pringle with the same assists in ten or so games less. I'm not saying he is going to be our best player but he is definitely worth giving a go. Those stats were with Blackpool's weak squad around him. 

Twig

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 29, 2015, 06:31:18 PM
One name comes to mind when discussing Jamie O'Hara - Lewis Holtby.

When in the mood, run about tirelessly albiet rather aimlessly like a headless chicken - the apparent enthusiasm warms fans over intitially until they see Holtby/O'Hara flatter to deceive.

Soon same player loses motivation yet insists on being picked for the first team and become a bad influence in the dressing room as BOTH players were.  And I am referring to O'Hara in his prime, not this out-of-form unwanted under-achieving layabout.

Is this an analysis from the same "well informed" Nick who so spectacularly got egg on face with recent post concerning our failure to sign anyone other than two free transfers?  I'd rather rely on the analysis of Mike R, Kit and co thanks very much.

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2015, 10:40:42 AM
https://youtu.be/hJ-8vUQ6XAo   video from yesterdays training

Is stafalidis in this video I thought he had jumped ship?

leonffc

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: leonffc on June 30, 2015, 12:11:52 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Hill on June 30, 2015, 12:10:17 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2015, 10:40:42 AM
https://youtu.be/hJ-8vUQ6XAo   video from yesterdays training

Is stafalidis in this video I thought he had jumped ship?

Think it's Vosser

Yeah it is, someone else mentioned he is copying his haircut in another thread

jarv

Can Ohara play centre half? Seems like we still need one of those.