News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll- Which is bigger- Olympics or World Cup?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 29, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is bigger- Olympics or World Cup

Olympics
17 (34%)
World Cup
33 (66%)

Total Members Voted: 50

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Logicalman on June 30, 2015, 06:04:50 PM
Is there such a comparison though?

By what yardstick can you use? TV Audience? Income from Advertising? Sponsorship? Countries involved? Countries involved from the start of each 'campaign'?

You might have guessed that my answer would be a big Dunno, because there are no obvious parameters to go by.

Oh, and you'll need a 'neither' in the possible answers as well then!!   093.gif

Its not good when a mod sits on the fence.......just answer the question will ya!!!  :dft011:

There's nothing logical about waving that flag at my thread young man  :hook:

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Artful Dodger

Football is the single most popular sport in the world so therefore more people will watch the Final as an event. The Olympics is fascinating and will capture a certain section of the world population (I am sure we got far more worked up about the London Olympics than the Americans or Peruvians for example) but as a single climax the World Cup is bigger.

You can miss 90% of the Olympics and tune in to the 100m final or the last event in the heptathlon to see Ennis win it, but most of it, especially when it is on in another continent, is just an interesting highlights package containing the British athletes. Therefore the World Cup for me.   
Faber est suae quisque fortunae