News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the England Women's Football team go on to win the World cup.....

Started by mikestrand, June 29, 2015, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: westcliff white on June 30, 2015, 01:04:20 PM
I understand your point lighthouse but I think the difference is that the world series is only between american teams where as the ashes is held between two countries. Cant be a world champion if your the only nation taking part can you?

As for Wiggins Bill Taylor I agree that was a truly memorable event for me as well, ashamed i didnt mention it.
Not sure about this but the "World series" was that something to do with sponsorship and not actually meant to refer to "the world" as such ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nick Bateman

I would love to see Eden Hazard play against the women, and when they make a challenge on him he goes over SCREAMING.  Much as I did not rate the quality of this tournament, the women's game is closer to how football should be played, unlike many of those in the men's Premier League.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

Quote from: Blanco on June 30, 2015, 04:04:15 PM
Yes.

We have no choice in the olympics because we compete as team GB and I'm not gonna disregard the none English athletes if they win a gold but in terms of a scottsman or welshman winning a competition I don't feel any emotion for it. Would you cheer on Scotland or Wales in the Euros? Maybe you would. Not me. Depending on who they are facing sometimes. But for example if it were Scotland against Germany I couldn't care less who won. I'd actually enjoy watching Germany win because of how good they are.

England Cricket team is often full of players who were not born here. Yes I would cheer other British Countries in the Euros. If an overseas Fulham player was playing for their Country I would cheer them too. I was born in England and have gone back generations and family have always been English. But I am happy to support other British Countries. If an African with British citizenship turns up for England as happens in the Cricket. I will support them.

I go on holiday to Scotland or Wales. Do I like their small minded politics? No in the same way I don't like the small minded English politics when it pretends England is something special. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Blanco on June 30, 2015, 03:15:43 PM
Even if the girls did win it I don't think it would necessarily be a big talking point between english football fans. It would definitely be a big step for womens football in England though. I for one would congratulate them but I couldn't care less if they won or lost. How is Andy Murray winning Wimbledon a big sporting deal for the English? I couldn't stand it when he won.

Well, I have to agree with a lot of this. Though it does come down to the old argument regarding nationality, doesn't it?

I'm English and therefore I am British. When England play Scotland I don't root for the Scots, even though they, too, are British. Nor if the Scots, or Welsh play any other Country for that matter, as then I am neutral (OK, perhaps except for the US then). When it comes to sports, unless there are English sportspersons playing, then my indifference is plain to see.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.