News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did anyone else attend this car crash of a cup game?

Started by Wearethewhites, June 29, 2015, 10:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Stannard in goal? Didn't move for any of the goals.

HillingdonFFC

Yep I did, posted it on the official FB page.
Still rate it as one of the worst Fulham performances I've ever seen. No one seemed to give a s@*t, think Northampton were second from bottom in the football league too

Nero

i havent seen defending of set pieces that bad since, well last season

Sir Alec of good Stock

I remember it well. A fairly typically gutless performance.
The legend that was to become Terry Angus in the opposition that day.

MJG

Yes I was there,  remember the old Northampton ground as it was part of the cricket outfield. Par for the course that game during that era.

Burt

I tried playing the video and got "an error has occurred" - probably quite apt given some of the comment made  :005:

bog

No. But I was at the great escape game when Steve Earle scored a hatrick in a 4-2 away win, back in '66'. (I think) Great day out that was. I prefer that memory thanks.

092.gif 

Tonywa

Not one of Big Jim's better days.  Nice o.g. deflection from Julian Hails.

keith

I was there, forgotten about how bad we were that day. I also remember an away League game around about that time at Peterborough, I think we lost 4-0?. We had John Finch playing at Centre Half, another dire performance.

TheDaddy

I was there one of the poorest performances i ever witnessed and let me tell you ive witnessed many . Left the ground thinking fm we are really in it !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: keith on June 30, 2015, 12:25:10 PM
I was there, forgotten about how bad we were that day. I also remember an away League game around about that time at Peterborough, I think we lost 4-0?. We had John Finch playing at Centre Half, another dire performance.

4-1 memorable only for the best support I've heard from Fulham fans. Don Mackays black and white army ringing around the ground for 20 mins solid

arnieb

Jims Dentist

Remember it only too well.
Another disappointing day.

SouthfieldWhite

Yeah I was there, shocking performance, seem to remember kelly  Haag walking past the away end as I don't think he was playing.

Terry Angus was outstanding for Northamton and we bought him off the back of that game.

They were a division below us at the time but you'd of thought we were 3 divisions below them the way we played

David Allen Crankshaw

I went to the match thinking that we were certs to win. If I can remember rightly Northampton had only won two home games so far that season. A really dismal performance.

The Old Count

What about losing 2 - 0 to Hayes in 1991 when Alan (almost as bad as Magath) Dicks was manager. The only good thing about that game was the chants of 'Dicks out' at the end.

SouthfieldWhite

Anyone go to Yeovil in the FA cup ( can't remember the year)

Yeovil were non league and Sky moved it to a Monday night as they thought it could be a giant killing.
They weren't dissappointed, we lost 1-0 in about the 92nd minute and it was bloody cold there.

Had to bunk off work for half a day but got away with it, wish I'd stayed at work