Previous topic - Next topic

What's more important??

Bringing in new players
17 (58.6%)
Extending Young players contracts
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

JackyFulham90

Was just interested to see what everyone would prefer if you could only see Fulham do one??
Obviously we seriously need some defenders so new players is big but what if the club didn't spend any real money just picked up a few freebies & loans but extended Bettenelli,  Roberts, Hyndman & Dembele to new long term deals at the club??

What's the bigger priority?

dannyboi-ffc

I dont think either one without the other will improve us as much as we would hope but losing all the kids for peanuts because of short contracts would be a sin. Football is a business and if they wont play here for a long period at least we will make money from them to reinvest in new players and become sustainable like the Chairman keeps banging on about. We saw with the emergency loans of Guthrie/ Richards but more so Husband and Turner that loans and freebies can get you by.

But if we want to succeed and get back to the prem then we need to spend on quality players. Only problem is can we afford to do that consistently for a few years without the profit our kids will make? I reckon we will sell one asset every season to fund better players, starting with Roberts this year and probably Betts or LVC next time around.

In all honesty I hope this dilemma is not even being debated in the minds of Rigg and Kit. We need the right blend of both to hava a good future. Good question though!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

CincyFulham1

Extend Bettenelli and Hyndman's contracts and get the most we can from Roberts and Dembele.  Dembele and Roberts are the two the big clubs are offering nice fees for and we should take that money and bring in youngish players with championship experience.  If we were still in the Prem I would probably see things differently.

filham

Before even thinking about these options the priority must be to get rid of Mitroglou, Ruiz and Stek who must be financial millstones around the club's neck.

Having done this do as  Dannyboi suggests and operate a nice balance of both but with en emphasis on keeping the youngsters.

J.Perkins

We need to do both, in equal quantities. I'd say we need another 5 new signings, and theres about 5 young players we need to extend.

MJG

There is so much to do really, sign players, extend contracts and move players on.
If you were going to grant me one thing that HAD to be done next on the list it would be sign a commanding centre back who is a leader.
Otherwise its just do all the above at the same time.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: J.Perkins on June 30, 2015, 03:14:07 PM
We need to do both, in equal quantities. I'd say we need another 5 new signings, and theres about 5 young players we need to extend.

The results of the poll so far pretty much reflects this.
¡COYW!

valdeingruo

Quote from: MJG on June 30, 2015, 03:17:45 PM
There is so much to do really, sign players, extend contracts and move players on.
If you were going to grant me one thing that HAD to be done next on the list it would be sign a commanding centre back who is a leader.
Otherwise its just do all the above at the same time.

Personal opinion that Center backs make the best Captains, followed by Central mids.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi