Leicester City Football ClubLeicester City Football Club
wall
menu
Club Shop Tickets

Leicester City Parts Company With Nigel Pearson
Tue 30 Jun 2015 19:30

fb_logotwitter_logo
First slide
Leicester City Football Club has today (Tuesday) relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties.
The Board of Directors recognises the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester City during his two spells in charge of the Club, particularly during the last three and a half years. However, it has become clear to the Club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us. Regrettably, the Club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

Leicester City's owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the Club and wish him well in the future.

Khun Vichai and Khun Top remain wholly committed to the Club's long-term development and to on going investment in a squad that will continue to be competitive in the Premier League. We trust that the Club's supporters will recognise that the owners have always acted with the best interests of the Club at heart and with the Club's long-term future as their greatest priority.

Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will take charge of first team duties while the Club begins its recruitment of a new manager.

Craven Mad

He did a great job to keep them up last year, but he seems an absolute nut case. Sounds like his ego's got him fired...

God The Mechanic

Surprised it didn't happen sooner.  He's a bit unhinged and comes across as a bit of an arse in most interviews I've seen with him.

Buffalo76

Bet his son's actions didn't help!

Slaphead in Qatar

this is due to his sons actions. performance wise he did miracles with leicester.

God The Mechanic

Getting sacked for something your son did and was punished for seems like a hell of a stretch.  Some of the stuff Pearson himself did last year were sackworthy.

aaronmcguigan

Done a brilliant job keeping them up last season. Has a siege mentality personality basically presuming everyone hates him. Guessing his personality will go against him landing decent jobs. Expect him as your next Leeds/qpr/ Blackpool boss

bog

Has to be because of his son. Ludicrous otherwise.

092.gif

alfie

Quote from: bog on June 30, 2015, 09:20:21 PM

092.gif

Why does it have to be about his son? it maybe that the club/him just don't see things the same
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2015, 11:37:36 AM
Quote from: bog on June 30, 2015, 09:20:21 PM

092.gif

It was certainly partly about his son.  The antics in Thailand would have been shocking to a family of devout Buddhists.  Given the managers own behaviour I think we can draw the conclusion that the owners were simply unable to abide by the attitudes, language and actions of the Pearson family as a whole.  Essentially deemed a moral and PR liability.   

Why does it have to be about his son? it maybe that the club/him just don't see things the same

simplyfulham

That means a very good manager has just become available.

In spite of some of his outbursts last season, I've admired Pearson for a few years now.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2015, 12:55:29 PM
That means a very good manager has just become available.

In spite of some of his outbursts last season, I've admired Pearson for a few years now.

As have I  :plus one:
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.