watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- It IS a funny old game

Started by HatterDon, July 06, 2015, 02:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

The two most dominant defensive teams in the Women's game meet in the World Cup final, and SEVEN goals are scored.

Well done the USA women.  starsnstripes starsnstripes starsnstripes
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on July 06, 2015, 02:36:40 AM
The two most dominant defensive teams in the Women's game meet in the World Cup final, and SEVEN goals are scored.

Well done the USA women.  starsnstripes starsnstripes starsnstripes

For a game that started out 4-0 early in the first half, it was still a well fought game and entertaining. Credit to the Japanese for not phoning it in when it was fairly obvious who would be the winner.

Huge congratulations to the US women. Just a great team of players.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

love4ffc

Yes well done to the USA Women.  They didn't have the strongest starts but did finish strong. 
  :wine: starsnstripes 082.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

jarv

Great entertainment. Especially the second half.  I skipped a darts match to stay home and watch it.

Forever Fulham

Even if we ignore the first four goals by the U.S., they still easily outplayed Japan.  Tight space possession and passing--U.S. dominated.  Set pieces, crosses == U.S. dominated.  Organization and formation-- U.S. dominated.  So much of Japan's minutes of possession were well within its own half, with the U.S. well up on the scoreboard and just allowing them to do nothing of consequence with the ball.  They let their foot off the gas pedal of high pressure defending when up by so many goals.  Not a good game for Julie Johnston, though.

Blanco

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2015, 09:32:43 AM
It was good entertainment, anyone who criticises Women's Football, needs a Check Up from the Neck Up.

Most of the population must be bonkers then.

Lighthouse

Still think USA should thank England for making The Japanese team scared stiff. They panicked every time the ball came into their area. On saying that the finishing was good. Scoring from the half way line was just showing off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2015, 12:18:24 PM
Still think USA should thank England for making The Japanese team scared stiff. They panicked every time the ball came into their area. On saying that the finishing was good. Scoring from the half way line was just showing off.

Bit poor on the goalkeeping that one. I believe the chant of "She fell over" would be apt all things considered.

Still I did like the text exchange I saw between Brad Guzan and his wife (can't post it up for some reason.

nose

i enjoyed the women's world cup but most of the games were not anywhere near the quality of the men's game. I think this is largely because it is still not quite taken as seriously as it should be at a younger age. I would like to see more females playing football from junior school onwards, and dad taking his daughter to the park for a kick about.... when this happens the game will really improve.

Having said that I did enjoy it, and the game V japan was a great event and heartbreaker.. i cheered and cried as if it was any other team i support!

Lighthouse

Nobody ever says I enjoyed the tennis match between the two women but it wasn't the quality of the men. Or I enjoyed the women's high jump but it wasn't the quality of the men's high jump.

Different sex, different type of sport, please stop comparing the two.

snarks

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2015, 02:02:44 PM
Nobody ever says I enjoyed the tennis match between the two women but it wasn't the quality of the men. Or I enjoyed the women's high jump but it wasn't the quality of the men's high jump.

I hear people discuss the quality between the mens and womens sports frequently, and I do think it's fair to compare the two, after all it is the same sport, played on the same size pitch with the same equipment. (By the way I'm not a fan of womens tennis which is normally a battle to see who can hold their serve)

The womens football games are not as high standard as the mens (but the women are all better players than me), however since the last world cup the standard has improved a lot for women. I also think the fact they are not treated the same by FIFA doesn't help.

By the next world cup they will be better still.

Lighthouse

Quote from: snarks on July 06, 2015, 02:31:42 PM

I hear people discuss the quality between the mens and womens sports frequently, and I do think it's fair to compare the two, after all it is the same sport, played on the same size pitch with the same equipment. (By the way I'm not a fan of womens tennis which is normally a battle to see who can hold their serve)

The womens football games are not as high standard as the mens (but the women are all better players than me), however since the last world cup the standard has improved a lot for women. I also think the fact they are not treated the same by FIFA doesn't help.

By the next world cup they will be better still.

But that proves my point. You don't like Women's tennis. I presume that means you do like the men's tennis. So nothing wrong in not liking a sport. But what is the point of comparison? Serena Williams is easily the best women tennis player in the game today. She would struggle in the top one hundred and fifty, two hundred men. But I still enjoy watching the women's game BECAUSE the struggle is bigger to hold serve.

Nobody compares watching youth teams or youth or junior players with the adult players and says it isn't as good. It is simply different.

Blanco

I actually enjoy watching womens tennis. Its just as good as the mens in a way just not as powerfull and physical. Womens football is a different thing all together, its just naff and not pleasing to the eyes. There have of course been exceptions during this world cup but on the whole it isn't very good.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Blanco on July 06, 2015, 04:14:29 PM

I actually enjoy watching womens tennis. Its just as good as the mens in a way just not as powerfull and physical. Womens football is a different thing all together, its just naff and not pleasing to the eyes. There have of course been exceptions during this world cup but on the whole it isn't very good.

You need to get a telecast that shows more close ups. LOL Think dancers and the physicality comes more into focus. Some of these young women are quite pleasing to the eye.
Forgetting that, the woman's game is just fine. There doesn't seem to be the diving and cheap shots that the men's games has. The effort is there and in case you didn't notice EVERY corner kick got past the first defender. It is not the men's game to be sure but that what makes it good.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.