watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WOY says it was hard to leave FFC

Started by tingtawng, July 22, 2010, 10:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Roy can sod off. Thanks for all you did but not the state you left us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

YEAH RIGHT,makes me feel so much better :013:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2010, 10:24:56 AM

Eh? You mean with a strong team, highest ever Cottage attendances (as an all seater), and a secure future.

I mean, it's a right state isn't it?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 22, 2010, 10:28:48 AM

Eh? You mean with a strong team, highest ever Cottage attendances (as an all seater), and a secure future.

No really be fair. Count the forwards we have. One. BZ recovering from injury. Count our central midfielders. A very old Danny M who looks to be way past his game. Not one other playmaker bar Greening. A squad of players who lets face it are just reaching the level where we will need to think about replacing them. So an old squad with one Prem forward. Let's be honest about what we have.

The Equalizer

Oh sod you. I'm bloody miserable again now.
:53:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

LBNo11

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 22, 2010, 10:28:48 AM

...thing is Eq, that is now - but because of Mr Hodgson in effect leaving us in the lurch, we are now facing an uncertain future. No manager, and few players will now come to a club this close to the new season that is in effect a rudderless ship.

If we have a poor season as a result, we will have falling season tickets uptakes next year and an aging squad. And now whichever manager we get - they will know they were not the number one choice, will you get commitment out of them?

We shall see what happens, but for Hodgson to persue his dream we could easliy suffer the consequences...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

I think that there were signs that the current Liverpool manager had reached "the comfort zone", on that I agree. However, the damage that this is doing to FFC is, in my opion, incalculable and that is'nt down to Martin Jol or Ajax, it is because Roy Hodgson wanted seek some kudos by managing a bigger club, which is fine but his ambition has not helped Fulham and if we are not careful we could be in for an even longer season than the last one.

Burt

Hold on there people...

Roy has not left this club in the lurch.

He has left the club with a headache (as in who will be our next manager) and a bit of an issue (in terms of our ability to attract new blood being diminished by no first team manager) but it is the chairman, the board and the supporting infrastructure generally that dictates the health of the club, not just the first team manager.

The lack of punch up front, the ageing Danny Murphy, no real playmakers etc - that is down to investment in our youth, transfer policy, scouting infrastructure etc. and to lump all that on to Roy doesn't make sense.

The Equalizer

He's left the club with the highest profile it's had in it's entire history. More people in the world know about us than ever before. We've suddenly, for the very first time, become an attractive proposition to both players and managers alike (Jol actually wanted to come to us!).

We've just stepped out of our best ever season having destroyed the likes of Juventus and becoming the only English club to reach a European final last season. We have record attendances, under soil heating, better beef burgers and over-priced beer.

We're on the top of our game, but we've got a couple of over-the-hill players and no manager.

Would you rather support any other team right now?

Fernhurst

Thoroughly agree with EQ and Mr Burt ..... we just simply can't forget this wonderful season just gone ... it should always be remembered as outstanding in Fulham's history........

"Onward and upwards Bravehearts"......  :045:

Jimpav

Roy is and will always be a legend.

He acheived remarkable things on a shoe string budget, saving us from certain relegation and taking us to our first European final being the most obvious but as others have pointed out he also boosted season ticket sales, the clubs profile and dare say Friends of Fulhams members.

I'm not happy about him going to Liverpool but if it wasn't here it would have been England or Inter Milan. We were the victim of his success but I don't begrudge him another shot at winnin the Europa league or the chance to reach a pinnacle of his distinguished career.

Agreed we do have a ropy midfield but we also have one of the best defensive partnerships in the league, a superb goal keeper, a budding youth team and a tidy profit from Messeurs Bullard and Smalling.

The club is in a bit of a fix but it would have been much worse if he left us mid-season, as Redknapp did with Pompey.

All that is left to be said is that is:

"Martin Jol, my opinion of you has plummeted, you are a shameless little man and I wish you the very worst of luck"

You can bloody quote me on that too.

LBNo11

...yet another phase in our history that I will look back with happy memories. That was then, and if Hodgson had stayed we would now have a few new signings bedding in and preparing for a new season with renewed hope.

Hodgson has gone, as per his own history, before three years have passed, we have been a convenient stepping stone in his quest.

Excuse me for not being overexcited by the prospects of what is to follow, I'll still be there and will always support my team no matter who is the latest manager. The harsh reality is that the only loyalty that exists in this game is with the fans, and at the moment I feel jilted...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Roy gave us our most succesful seasons. We beat ManUtd 3-0 nil last year. Sadly we have 4 weeks until we play them again. Despite the love for Roy. Our squad is POOR.

Keeper on his way- No reliable backup (give the younster a chance)

One Prem forward coming back from injury. (No Elm is fine and Ej needs a go. Besides Dempsey and Gera are just great as forwards)

Roy has gone and left a runners up medal in the Europa and Prem football. Great but we need a big improvement to stay here.

FatFreddysCat

I'm with lighthouse on this, Woy has left us in the mire. Very old squad, all the legs will be going at the same time, it will cost a fortune to get a whole new team/ squad in at the same time, it was hardly forward planning by Woy, and this makes me think he was never in it for the long haul, the young uns hardly got a chance, even in less important matches. Yes Woy can sod off  :59: .  Plus we have  little chance of signing players now.

blingo

But our situation was ok when sanchez left us????????????????

Peabody

You cant really blame Ajax, Jol had a contract and they, quite rightly insist that he forfils it. It is a pity that we did'nt tie Mr Hodgson on a three or four year contract instead of a one year rolling contract and then tell Liverpool to go away.

jarv

No need to panic. Fulham are solid at the back, Dempsey, Duff, Zamora, Davies, all excellent players going forward. One or two additions (hopefully Sidwell) will keep the  momentum going. Every team has to replenish a bit each season.

RH left Fulham in good shape, the timing was awful and I think the management heirarchy have a lot to do with this shambles we have now.  (leaking information, not reading small print etc etc).

The big question is "is money available?". Reported there was for Jol but surely then it should be available for whoever the next man is. (unless the new man has a history of buying dross) That should continue to attract top people.

alfie

I am just a bit concerned about all this digging at Roy, why is he any different to anyone of us, surely we all want to move up in the world try our luck at bigger and better things, why is only in football that we always go on about no loyalty etc etc etc.

He was given the chance and he took it, good luck to him, after all he may fail and end up with nothing. I was never too pleased with they way he set up his teams, and the sheer bloody mindness about making subs when things went wrong, but he still gave us our best season ever. :54:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Peabody

Quote from: alfie on July 22, 2010, 06:58:56 PM
I am just a bit concerned about all this digging at Roy, why is he any different to anyone of us, surely we all want to move up in the world try our luck at bigger and better things, why is only in football that we always go on about no loyalty etc etc etc.

He was given the chance and he took it, good luck to him, after all he may fail and end up with nothing. I was never too pleased with they way he set up his teams, and the sheer bloody mindness about making subs when things went wrong, but he still gave us our best season ever. :54:

Don't disagree with those sentiments Alfie, what I am upset about is Roy did'nt give our situation any consideration. By just uping and going, he left us in a situation were we cannot go and buy any new players, until we get a replacement. That is my gripe.