Main Menu

Club Statement

Started by White Noise, July 22, 2010, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Club Statement

Thursday 22nd July 2010

Fulham FC News

On Thursday morning, following talks with Ajax, the Club can confirm that it has ceased negotiations for the release of Martin Jol from his contract with the Dutch Club.

Although Fulham had agreed personal terms with Martin Jol, Ajax were not willing to allow him to leave under any circumstances, and have held him to the terms of the contract he signed last summer.

When Fulham commenced negotiations with Martin Jol, the Club was informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax. Subsequent negotiations revealed that the clause was no longer valid and Ajax position remained steadfast in their desire to keep their manager, therefore dialogue between the two clubs has now ended.

Since Roy Hodgson indicated that he wanted to leave Fulham, a short list of potential managers was identified, and the Club is committed to ensuring that the right candidate is brought on board to continue the Club's progress, in the soonest timeframe possible. The Chairman and CEO would also like to personally thank Ajax for their conduct throughout this very public process.

Ray Lewington will remain in charge of all First Team matters as caretaker manager and the Club would like to thank Ray, his backroom staff and all the players for their patience and professionalism ahead of the 2010/11 Barclays Premier League season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/ClubStatement.aspx#ixzz0uP8Y08L5

CorkedHat

Come on cheer up. This is Fulham  We didn't really think that the appointment of a new manager wouldn't be without the usual Fulham poo fight did we? It's a wonder Jol wasn't paraded around the ground wearing a Fulham shirt.
Onwards and upwards folks.  :007:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

JBH

Frank Rijkaard anyone??

White Noise

I'm cheerful. These things happen as anyone who has ever interviewed for a job or recruited anyone for a job knows.

Putting my Frasier Crane hat on, it always intrigues me that given that people need to direct their anger generated disappointment somewhere it is almost always the club that are first in the firing line.

Why can't people just accept that we don't know the full facts and that we might actualy have a pretty good bunch of people running the club given the achievements of the last couple of years.

Also - given how many people there are on this board at present why have more people not clicked on this club statement to read FFC's take on the situation.

We are not in full possession of the facts but on the face of it pretty much everyone involved has done what you would expect and cannot be blamed for anything.

Banstead White

its fulhamish........old statement i once heard but always remember....
Roysie

Vinnieffc

"The Chairman and CEO would also like to personally thank Ajax for their conduct throughout this very public process. "

I bet that was said with gritted teeth !!

The Doctor

Quite, WN.  We tried, we failed.  Its not what we wanted, but hey, that's life.  As the poem says "If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same..."

Bitching about it will get us nowhere.  We still need a manager and there are plenty out there.  Chalk it up to experience and find the best available

Lighthouse

Yesterday I put a question about the CEO. I am frustrated about the time it has taken and I am now very worried (so what's new you ask) about the coming season. I foresee far bigger problems with the squad than some others do ( as per usual you miserable git)

However I am not critical of the club in what they are trying to do. But do question the time it has taken. Frustration can do that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Well said WN, succinctly put. Try explaining that on TIFF though.

I think it was a well timed and decent statement, and I'm totally surprised that the club actually did it! Top work from the communications department there.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Banstead White

ajax Chief exec Rik van der bog.....well boog actually but im allowing a bit of poetic licence!!!
Roysie

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 22, 2010, 11:47:48 AM
Well said WN, succinctly put. Try explaining that on TIFF though.

I am doing just that right now!! :023:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: White Noise on July 22, 2010, 11:37:15 AM
I'm cheerful. These things happen as anyone who has ever interviewed for a job or recruited anyone for a job knows.

Putting my Frasier Crane hat on, it always intrigues me that given that people need to direct their anger generated disappointment somewhere it is almost always the club that are first in the firing line.

Why can't people just accept that we don't know the full facts and that we might actualy have a pretty good bunch of people running the club given the achievements of the last couple of years.

Also - given how many people there are on this board at present why have more people not clicked on this club statement to read FFC's take on the situation.

We are not in full possession of the facts but on the face of it pretty much everyone involved has done what you would expect and cannot be blamed for anything.
WHY? thats easy,we love our club,we want the best for it,and if it is slighted in anyway we feel defensive towards it-this is why I am apoplectic with rage at the moment,because I LOVE MY CLUB!

Roberty

This is the telling part of the statement.

He did not have a valid "exit clause"!

At the moment he is being very jolly about staying with Ajax but I wonder what his relationship with them will be like now that they have treated him like a slave!

Thursday 22nd July 2010

Fulham FC News

When Fulham commenced negotiations with Martin Jol, the Club was informed that an exit clause existed in his contract with Ajax. Subsequent negotiations revealed that the clause was no longer valid and Ajax position remained steadfast in their desire to keep their manager, therefore dialogue between the two clubs has now ended.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

White Noise

Quote from: Roberty on July 22, 2010, 11:50:58 AM
This is the telling part of the statement.

He did not have a valid "exit clause"!

At the moment he is being very jolly about staying with Ajax but I wonder what his relationship with them will be like now that they have treated him like a slave!

Thursday 22nd July 2010

Fulham FC News

Jol has been naiive but 'The Guardian' report suggests that Jol was pushing Ajax to the wee small hours of today to let him go. I think they are mad to keep a manager who wants to leave, particualrly one who doesn't read the small print in his contracts!!

White Noise

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 22, 2010, 11:50:20 AM

WHY? thats easy,we love our club,we want the best for it,and if it is slighted in anyway we feel defensive towards it-this is why I am apoplectic with rage at the moment,because I LOVE MY CLUB!
[/quote]

My comments are not aimed at you Sydney - you are just shouting in a generally angry way - and thats cool. Its when people hammer the club without knowing the detail that I just can't work out. Cos we all love the club right? So, isn't it just like going home and beating the missus when you business goes down the pan. Yes, she could have been more supportive on some levels perhaps and that might have enabled you to ride out the cashflow crisis but does that really entitle her to a good going over before bedtime? 

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on July 22, 2010, 11:57:47 AM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 22, 2010, 11:50:20 AM

My comments are not aimed at you Sydney - you are just shouting in a generally angry way - and thats cool. Its when people hammer the club without knowing the detail that I just can't work out. Cos we all love the club right? So, isn't it just like going home and beating the missus when you business goes down the pan. Yes, she could have been more supportive on some levels perhaps and that might have enabled you to ride out the cashflow crisis but does that really entitle her to a good going over before bedtime? 

[/quote]

hahaha that is a great analogy, try that on Tiff!

Mr Fulham

Burt

This is weird...on many levels.

How does an exit clause suddenly become invalid?

Why would the board want to hold on to someone who wants out?

How are the Ajax fans going to react to him now? Sure he is staying, but not because he chose to. And wanting to go to what they will perceive as a smaller club....

How far did we go to try and get him out? Everyone has a price.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

if he wanted to come he could have walked,he didn't and he didn't :doh: :doh: :doh:

TheDaddy

"Oh well onwards and upwards"
"They come they go  but im here for life "

:beer: :beer:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "