https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Club Statement

Started by White Noise, July 22, 2010, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Burt on July 22, 2010, 12:37:32 PM
This is weird...on many levels.

How does an exit clause suddenly become invalid?

Probably because the exit clause had a window of opportunity. Maybe it could be activated only in May or June for example. It's one thing to lose your manager in the middle of the season and quite another in the summer.

It might even be that the expiration date was, say, 21st July and Ajax strung things out and Jol either forgot (or didn't really want) to serve the necessary notice.

I normally charge for this sort of thing.

richardhkirkando

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 22, 2010, 11:47:48 AM
Well said WN, succinctly put. Try explaining that on TIFF though.
Didn't you know?  The people on TIFF know all of the facts.

I'm happy to be patient here.  We're obviously putting a lot of ambition in this appointment, so I'm confident that we'll get a very good manager.  We're not bringing in Dave Jones or even Alan Curbishley - I don't even know why the papers would throw out those names when the managers we've actually approached are Sven and Martin Jol.  I'd much rather wait for the right person than rush into something that may not work out as well, and it looks like that's what is going to happen. 

Keep up the good work, FFC!

White Noise

HatterDon

Well, I love my club also, but we have to be the laughingstock of the league. How could we NOT know Jol's contract status well before we tried to lure him away from Ajax? This is incredibly poor management by The Raincoat and his staff. We look like idiots because we are.

We may be Mighty Fulham, but today we're the Keystone frigging Kops of the Premier League.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel