watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tipping Europa - Oops

Started by Logicalman, July 22, 2010, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Aha, I see, following a monumental lack of attention by someone (well, yours truly actually), the final results of the Europa Tipping Competition 2009-10 were not actually published, I find. I could go into long, drawn-out and possibly humorous reasons as to why this matter was not actually dealt with an at earlier opportunity (Like 2 months ago - Ed) but I will refrain from slopping on the monumental amounts of Humble Pie onto my already-laden HP plate, and just apologize, especially to The Equalizer and Lighthouse (in no particular order though) for my very own oversight.

Congratulations though need to be (officially) expressed to our two white knights for their perseverance in coming joint top of the Europa league, and not actually having seen a tie occur in one of the tipping comps before, I haven't the faintest who, if either, should be pronounced above the other, so I won't, and so, without further ado, Congratulations to the pair of you.

(1)    The_Equalizer   (0)  174
(2)    Lighthouse   (1)  174
(3)    LBNo11   (0)  154
(4)    TheDaddy   (0)  149
(5)    Burt   (0)  141
(6)    WhiteJC   (0)  127
(7)    CorkedHat   (0)  87
(8)    Yarden   (0)  68
(9)    ClintClintDeuce   (0)  67
(10)    RidgeRider   (0)  67
(11)    os5889   (1)  19
(12)    boxhockcycsock   (0)  17
(13)    Tomo   (0)  13

.. ahem

Lighthouse

Well I think we had worked it out. But  according to the rules we both should receive the prize money. I for one have spent mine already. Although what I am supposed to with a dozen t shirts marked Jols Black and White, I am loathed to ponder.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

I had a Groundhog Day moment when I read the subject line!

Thanks for finally posting the results. I swear I asked for this back in spring, but there you go, little Equalizers should be seen and not heard.

I too have spent Lighthouse's share and donated my own to charity.

I first heard the horror stories of the sweat shops of Croydon where they have members of Old Fart's Army knitting burlap t-shirts saying "Jol's Black and White Army" only a few minutes ago. My heart poured out for these poor codgers grinding their remaining years away at the behest of some tyrant called BeamBonce. Appalling stories of spilled colostomy bags and missed stitches.

Fortunately these souls do have an escape for 12 minutes a week when they pop next door to the Shreddies factory to see the old girls knitting cereal for spoilt brats.

Tragic. Anyway, my share has gone towards buying a 75 year old singer sewing machine to help with the toil.

I will be canonised for this action. St. Equalizer of the burlap old fart's brigade.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Logicalman

The Prize Money? ah, well, funny you should mention that, what happened was ... what was that honey? Sorry chaps, have to go, the boss is calling, I'll think of something tell you about the Prize Money later ... TTFN

Lighthouse

I visited one of my many business concerns yesterday. A little shop where I very kindly employ people to work for a fair wage. So I go in expecting them to be hard at it. You will never believe it. They were all huddled around this modern sewing machine praying to some saint. They don't speak good English like what we do so I have no idea what or who they were praying to. Blimmin cheek of it.

GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE I SET THE DOGS ON YOU.

Oh yes must remember to cancel the Order for Svens Black and White Army. It's not him

Still no prize money. So can't pay workers.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope