News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we the last Club to launch our new kit.

Started by Southdowns White, July 31, 2015, 09:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

I do think it's a poor show by all in charge of this matter, i know the club sponsor has not been named yet and so this complicates things but someone should have been on the ball so to speak with getting this in place in time, as a club we do seem a little slow a lot of the time on various issues. Surely the people responsible for everything being in place at least a couple weeks before the season starts have failed. The marketing people should now be putting their feet up with club merchandise already flying off the shelves especially as people like to wear their club colours while on holiday themselves. Football is about money these days as we are constantly hearing and if i were the owner of FFC i would be fuming that we have lost weeks of  pre-season sales.

WhiteJC

I guess the real question is why a new sponsor hasn't been found?

now if it turns out to be London Pride I'll be buying all 3 shirts, anyone else I'll have to wait and see

Tempest

I am surprised since SHad took over that the marketing side of things doesn't seem to have improved. I thought the USA were heavy on marketing and took every opportunity to exploit the markets available. Maybe, with so many changes going on in the club this has yet to be addressed but is due to be?

Its a long time since I bought a shirt, this one seems nice but wearing a footie shirt isn't for me these days, too old (whole new topic!) but I'd love to see Fulham take a different approach to other sports clubs, be more innovative and find ways of breaking in to new markets, easier when in PL of course but as a genuinely unique club we should be doing more to be eeryones 2nd choice team.

Love to see us tie up with another club abroad and even clubs from different sports. I feel football clubs (certainly PL teams) should be more like clubs abroad and be sporting clubs with Basketball, Handball, Ice Hockey and other sports under the same name.
Live in Falmouth!

Craven Mad

I suppose I'd rather a good kit/sponsor released slowly than a bad kit/sponsor quickly. But this does seem to have dragged out way too long.

f321ffc

Really not bothered about  the kit although this new one does look the best for some time , last time i bought one was about 16 years ago bought it for my son, but what does concern me is the fact that no sponsor has been contracted as yet and with just over a week to kick off the financial implications for the club are huge. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Northern Cottager

Kits are irritating. Pay an extremely high price now or wait 2 months when they reduce them by £20. Of course, the kit needs to be released before 2 months time.

DeuceBigelow

I thought Channel 5's preview show gave away our new sponsor as 'Visit Florida'.
Riverside Block W

Southdowns White

I never wear a replica shirt, only when i play my 7 a side on a tuesday night and i was given that last year after playing at craven cottage. I do buy replica shirts for my Children though and when we are away and out and about people do notice and often comment, many times with a fondness towards our club, loads of younger people do buy and wear the replica shirt. When i go into the shop to buy their shirts i will quite often get myself a T shirt or something but if i have no reason to go in then obviously i get nothing.

fulhamfan

Our PR team is absolutely woeful. Sarah Brookes should have been sacked ages ago as well. she is dire.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamross on July 31, 2015, 11:43:16 AM
Our PR team is absolutely woeful. Sarah Brookes should have been sacked ages ago as well. she is dire.

What's wrong with Sarah???

Plus, the club's PR has been so much better recently (save for shirt-gate on Channel 5). They're uploading videos of training most days; transparency from senior figures is much improved; we're getting to see how the players interact with one another; there are regular interviews with players/staff posted on the offal; there's active Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube posting. It's all good!

The shirt situation is a bit of a shambles, but - by the sound of it - seems like the sponsor's issue, not ours. Hopefully that just means the sponsor is a pretty big deal and the club is getting plenty of dosh for the deal.

rweller86

Disagree with this.
@rweller

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: rweller86 on July 31, 2015, 01:05:27 PM
Disagree with this.

:plus one:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Twig

Could not disagree more, I think she dos a great job.

Twig

Could not care less about the shirt launch as long as they have one to wear at the start of the season, look bloody daft otherwise.

MJG

Launch or show? ... Because Man Utd are launching theirs tonight at midnight.
Now if the biggest club in the country leaves so late what the problem with us?

Craven Mad

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2015, 06:55:23 PM
Launch or show? ... Because Man Utd are launching theirs tonight at midnight.
Now if the biggest club in the country leaves so late what the problem with us?

Maybe we are the Man United of the South after all!

Blanco

I Think it's fine to leave it so late. The problem is how much Fulham have dragged it out. Releasing stupid videos only showing the collar. Giving us a release date then pushing it back. Then getting accidently shown on Channel 5. That's when fans start getting impatient.

WhiteJC

Middlesborough haven't released their home shirt either

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 01, 2015, 12:53:49 PM
Middlesborough haven't released their home shirt either

I have this vision of the Mayor opening a cage and a football shirt running off up into the hills.