more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin McDonald

Started by JPCL, July 31, 2015, 01:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBRkx7NlZlE

I know the rumours have gone quiet relating to McDonald but just casually watching Fulham highlights from last year and came across the FA cup win against Wolves in the snow (link above). McDonald is instrumental, set up the second goal and is constantly pulling the strings from deep. Do think we have plenty have options at centre mid but he looks decent here.

W.G.Fulham

He looks a top player, made it look easy splitting our defence

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: W.G.Fulham on July 31, 2015, 02:05:27 PM

Well, let's not go overboard with the praise. More often than not last season WE made it easy for the opposition. They took what we gave them, which was plenty. McDonald is a good player, something I won't dispute, but, I'd rather use what his successes against good teams to build a case to sign him. We were not a good team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Northern Cottager

Quote from: W.G.Fulham on July 31, 2015, 02:05:27 PM

Lol, Mr Blobby could do that...

W.G.Fulham

Very true lads, we did have a skill of making opposition players look better than they truly are

mike_corkcity12

Do we really want to sign him on high wages in an already packed midfield? Will stifle the pathway of Hyndamn, no?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 31, 2015, 04:11:49 PM
Do we really want to sign him on high wages in an already packed midfield? Will stifle the pathway of Hyndamn, no?

Depends if Hyndman has suggested he won't be signing a new contract.

HillingdonFFC

Was something in the Midlands press today saying that Fulham still interested

f321ffc

Not in Wolves squad for Doncaster game . 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Wearethewhites

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 31, 2015, 04:11:49 PM

By all accounts, he's currently on Division 1 wages at Wolves, and his new offer from them doesn't really reflect that of the Championship, baring in mind he's been player of the year 2 times in a row. At 27, he obviously wants the best deal, he's not necessary being greedy.   

FPT

Kevin McDonald has a quality range of passing, he can play the hub of the team circulating possession or making offensive, defence splitting passes. I'm a believer of ball possession being a part of defence - how can you concede with possession of the football? Plus, you can't attack with every touch of the football, so be patient; make the opposition work, pull them side to side as you wait for an opportunity to penetrate. A headache of the move would be then fitting Kevin McDonald, Jamie O'Hara, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Tom Cairney all in the same side as well as keeping the system effective - I don't think you can; but it's quite a nice headache to have.

I don't think signing Kevin McDonald would hurt Emerson Hyndman, I think Hyndman should/would be considered for Christensen's number 8 role where he's not relied upon to be the key component of the midfield offensively, and rather can have a bit of freedom to attack and circulate the ball. Then you have your older heads (McDonald, O'Hara, Parker) as the lowest barrier of the midfield.

filham

Quote from: FPT on July 31, 2015, 05:08:13 PM
Kevin McDonald has a quality range of passing, he can play the hub of the team circulating possession or making offensive, defence splitting passes. I'm a believer of ball possession being a part of defence - how can you concede with possession of the football? Plus, you can't attack with every touch of the football, so be patient; make the opposition work, pull them side to side as you wait for an opportunity to penetrate. A headache of the move would be then fitting Kevin McDonald, Jamie O'Hara, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Tom Cairney all in the same side as well as keeping the system effective - I don't think you can; but it's quite a nice headache to have.

I don't think signing Kevin McDonald would hurt Emerson Hyndman, I think Hyndman should/would be considered for Christensen's number 8 role where he's not relied upon to be the key component of the midfield offensively, and rather can have a bit of freedom to attack and circulate the ball. Then you have your older heads (McDonald, O'Hara, Parker) as the lowest barrier of the midfield.

If the possession is in your own half, as ours inevitably was last season , then your opponents are not really bothered as you are not threatening any danger to them. In most games   when we had spells of non threatening possession our opponents were quite comfortable laying off of us knowing that sooner or later we would lose the ball and they could then launch a fast direct raid on our goal.

The sides that gave us thrashings last season were those playing early balls to strong wide raiders. They were casing trouble in our box with only two or three passes.

I am hoping for something better this season.

Andy S

It still could happen. It's like buying a house when there is a long chain

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

hovewhite

I thought this was dead in the water.Would be a good signing.

Slaphead in Qatar

f321ffc

Anyone hear on Talksport last night,  Confirmed Fulham are going to try and push through his transfer this week. But then again it is only Talksport. fp.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

Quote from: f321ffc on August 02, 2015, 07:51:54 AM
Anyone hear on Talksport last night,  Confirmed Fulham are going to try and push through his transfer this week. But then again it is only Talksport. fp.gif

do we really need him though, he is not a dedicated dm, and id rather the money went on a cb and help us retain mitro
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.