watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

''promotion is the goal''

Started by irishfulham, July 31, 2015, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

was quite suprised to hear kit say this was anyone else?? well now we have it thats our goal can it be achieved ? its been debated on here quite a bit but i really do think we can make a playoff spot should we bring in 1 or 2 more players and the others play to their potential.

1) Kaka very hot and cold, great player on his day needs confidence can he produce a good season
2) Pringle will be a key player in my eyes he may get plenty of crosses to smiths head, smiths head to ross's foot
3) garbut or whatever his name is haha he is the player im most excited to see if he lives up to the talk then we may have the best left back in the league how good would our left flank be?
4) keeper well betts and lonergan are solid in my eyes thats fine
5) richards is a good player he was wanted by prem sides he will come good i think
6) id like our cb sorted quick
7) midfield is great apart from a beast to defend o hara ?
8) whos gonna play rm?

few issues but i think we can get to the playoffs

filham

OK the new players come with a good reputation but so much depends on the youngsters from last season.

1. Will LVC repeat the form of the first half of last season
2. Will Hyndman be up to Championship level
3.Will Woodrow make that slight improvement needed
4.Can Dembele make that development stride needed to make him a real championship threat.

If these players all come good this season it could make the difference between a mid table season and a title chasing season

I realistically think however that the top six is too big a step from last season's form. We will do well to settle in a mid table position,

Lighthouse

Well we need to find something that works up front and at the back. So if we bring in two perfect players that manage to fit the smooth running machine that Fulham are atm then we have an outside chance of doing something.

But every manager is going to come out before a ball is kicked and say promotion is the aim. A funny German bloke last season said much the same thing. Then we didn't actually touch the ball for the first 15 games or something. So this is the best time to talk about promotion before it turns into a long hard season of disappointment and frustration.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

I wouldn't rule anything out but we need to play a relatively settled side and be lucky with injuries. any weakness's need to be identified and rectified before the transfer window closes

Wearethewhites

I'm very optimistic about this season, but I don't think promotion will be on the cards.

St Eve

If promotion is not our goal then Kit should quit.

Twig

Quote from: St Eve on August 01, 2015, 03:41:47 AM

Why do you say that? Of course Kit will want promotion but does the club have the ambition? The absence of a CB signing concerns me and to date Kit has spent a net zero this summer.  So why should he quite? He can only work with the resources allocated him. 

RaySmith

I think that you have to have self belief as a manager or player- you have to think you're in with a chance at every game, especially at the start of a season.

Kit will also be realistic about our aspirations, and knows there are others better equipped than us for promotion, but I do think we have a good chance of doing well this season - and promotion.... who knows?

Chutney

Of course promotion is our goal, if we don't aim to win every game we play then what's the point? No one aims to finish 16th.
C O Y W

valdeingruo

"Well lads lets be realistic, lets try and not get relegated."

I'm sure that would go over well with everyone
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

WayneKerrins

I can confidently predict that without one and probably 2 CB additions we have no chance of promotion.
2 CBS and a DCM and Id be quietly confident of play offs. Then we're in with a shout.
Khan has the means and the room with FFP but don't anyone hold their breath..

hovewhite

My glass is half ful and expecting the best season for 3 years and plenty of home wins and entertainment.coyw

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on August 01, 2015, 04:01:47 AM
Quote from: St Eve on August 01, 2015, 03:41:47 AM

Why do you say that? Of course Kit will want promotion but does the club have the ambition? The absence of a CB signing concerns me and to date Kit has spent a net zero this summer.  So why should he quite? He can only work with the resources allocated him. 
you are missing the point. Regardless of the quality of the team or ambition of the club the goal has to be promotion. If it isn't dont bother showing up

Andy S

No the aim is to win a lot of games and if not draw them. Then if you have done reasonably towards the end of the season you can talk about promotion. It is very much one game at a time. The club has done a lot to improve the playing staff. Last years results now have to be improved upon especially against the better teams. It is a case of ten games at a time to give us an idea as to how we will do
COYW

St Eve

Maybe that is reality but hardly what Kit can say and hopefully believe