https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (01/08/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 01, 2015, 07:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Comparing Pre-seasons
by LYDIA on JULY 31, 2015

If you have ever been part of a sports team you will know just how critical it is to have a good pre-season. It needs to get players up to standard physically, technically and mentally before the season kicks off. I have not-so-fond memories of doing hill sprints and step work several times a week before the local hockey season kicked off! But I know that if you don't have the right start then your whole season can be thrown off course leaving you with nothing but regrets wishing you had run a little harder during the summer months! In a recent interview with Marcus Bettinelli and Lasse Vigen Christensen it really struck me that both players admitted that the atmosphere around the Fulham camp was noticeably different from the same stage last season. Both players commented on how there is a better togetherness in the squad that just wasn't there last season for a number of reasons. I'll be honest, at the time I thought Fulham's pre-season last year was of good quality and that the players seemed happy and focused but in hindsight it seems that there were a lot of underlining issues that had a very negative impact upon the squad.

Similarly to this year's pre-season, in July/August last year Fulham had just finished their pre-season camp in Austria but with Felix Magath in charge rather than Kit Symons. A lot has been made of Magath's extremely tough training regime and this alongside his complete lack of man management skills, the bizarre transfer activity and the number of big egos in the squad will have taken a much bigger toll on the squad than we perhaps realised last season. Magath's style didn't suit Fulham at all and he unfortunately instilled the wrong attitude right from the beginning. Apart from the likes of Ross McCormack, the transfers completed last summer were completely illogical and just became a list of unknowns. Too many members of the squad were not good enough to compete for the first team so there was a distinct lack of competition for places- never a good thing for a side supposedly aiming for promotion.

The pre-season fixtures last season also weren't of good enough quality to really test the squad. It is important to ease the team into pre-season but the fixtures actually went downhill in quality rather than getting harder and harder as the start of the season drew nearer. Looking back on it, it really wasn't a good way to prepare for the Championship and will probably have played a part in the terrible season we had to endure.

However, this pre-season has been a complete contrast from last year. As the boys said in the interview, the squad are much more focused on the same goal and the players who have joined up are of a much better standard. Symons has targeted the right calibre of player and we have some of the best attacking players statistically speaking from last season's campaign in Cairney, O'Hara and Pringle. The competition for places is high now which is necessary for a team who wants to push for promotion. The standard of the pre-season friendlies have also been much higher than last season with the only opposition team outside a top league being Crawley Town. Instead of East Fife, DC United and Caykur Rizespor, Fulham have faced Aston Villa, Hertha Berlin, Eintracht Frankfurt and then face Crystal Palace at the Cottage tomorrow. These teams have been a real test physically and technically for Fulham over the past month and the match tomorrow against Palace should give us a really good idea of how the team will play in the first game of the 15/16 campaign against Cardiff.

Overall I really do believe that everything that has went on throughout this year's pre-season has been significantly better than last season which be a real source of optimism for the fans. From the togetherness in the squad that Bettinelli and Christensen spoke about in their interview to the signings that have come in and the quality of the teams Fulham have faced throughout the month it is clear that the team is in a much better place physically and mentally than last year. It should provide a solid platform to continue to build and will hopefully be the start of a much more successful season than the last. Here's to less tears and more cheers!

#COYW

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/07/comparing-pre-seasons/?

WhiteJC

Feeling Confident

Fulham's first appearance at Craven Cottage in 2015/16 sees us welcome South London neighbours Crystal Palace to SW6, and we've got a new look programme to go with it.

In the 44-page publication, which will be available to purchase from various sellers on Stevenage Road for just £2, Whites Manager Kit Symons gives his assessment on how pre-season has gone so far, and explains why he's feeling confident going into the new campaign.

Elsewhere in the programme, we run the rule over the new faces in the Fulham camp, Palace journalist and Whites fan Richard Cawley gives us the inside track on the Eagles, Les Strong recalls pre-season from his playing days, and we look back at Kit Symons' time on Palace's books.

Also, we caught up with former Fulham captain Brede Hangeland, who reminisces about his time at Craven Cottage and discusses his new chapter in South-East London.

The programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 10am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy, priced at £10 for adults and just £1 for juniors. These go up to £15 and £5 respectively on matchday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/feeling-confident?

WhiteJC

Five strikers West Ham could target featuring Championship goal-machine and Manchester United outcast

West Ham options

West Ham have been struggling for goals in pre-season, with the number of games taking its toll on their squad.

Enner Valencia was carried off on a stretcher on Thursday and Andy Carroll is still injured, leaving Diafra Sakho as the main man in attack. But the Hammers are surely going to strengthen. Here are five options for Slaven Bilic.

Javier Hernandez
The Manchester United man was told he was no longer wanted by Louis van Gaal last summer but after seeing Radamel Falcao and Robin van Persie leave, the boss has had to backtrack. Real Madrid turned down the chance to sign the Mexican permanently and a number of clubs including West Ham and Spurs have been linked. If United sign a striker, Hernandez could be on his way out and would guarantee goals.

Charlie Austin
That £15million price-tag is putting clubs off but Austin is surely not going to be at QPR for much longer. An English striker proven at numerous levels is surely worth a gamble at this stage of the summer and Austin still has room for improvement. Newcastle are the front-runners but that deal is seemingly no closer than it has been all summer and so West Ham could dive in if they can find the funds.

Jordan Rhodes
Jordan Rhodes has scored more than 20 goals in each of his last six seasons. How many strikers in the country can say that? Yet to be given that Premier League chance, Rhodes may even make another sideways step this summer with Middlesbrough reportedly keen. The £10million price-tag is putting clubs off but surely it is time for Rhodes to be given a go in the top flight.

Dwight Gayle
Crystal Palace and Alan Pardew have themselves a natural goalscorer but their system simply doesn't play to his strengths. The lone striker, often isolated and having to get on the end of crosses is not Gayle's game, but West Ham's two up front and playmaker system could be perfect. Gayle has been on fire in pre-season again for the Eagles but with Palace already signing Patrick Bamford and closing in on Connor Wickham, the former Dagenham striker needs a fresh start.

Ross McCormack
Money, money, money is all that has been spoken about with Ross McCormack as Fulham splashed the cash last summer. However, it almost went unnoticed that the Scotland striker smashed 19 goals including seven in his last seven to almost single-handedly keep Fulham in the Championship. Not just a poacher, McCormack can score all sorts of goals and is vastly underrated.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/west-ham/five_strikers_west_ham_could_target_featuring_championship_goal_machine_and_manchester_united_outcast_1_4176399
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Donnelly's Crawley Loan

Fulham defender Liam Donnelly has joined Crawley Town on a one-month youth loan.

The 19-year-old – who can play in a variety of positions – could make his professional debut for the Sky Bet League Two side when they kick off their 2015/16 campaign away to Oxford United on Saturday 8th August.

Donnelly had been training with Kit Symons' First Team prior to the loan move, and scored his first goal for the senior side in a 3-1 win against his new team earlier in pre-season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/donnellys-crawley-loan?

WhiteJC

Reds sign 'tenacious' Fulham defender on loan

Liam Donnelly, left, in action for Fulham against Crawley Town during their pre-season friendly on July 18,

Crawley Town have signed 'tenacious' young Fulham defender Liam Donnelly on a month's loan.

The 19-year-old is Reds' fifth signing this week and will provide cover at the back due to ongoing injury problems under a youth loan deal.

Crawley Town FC V Fulham FC 18/7/15 (Pic by Jon Rigby)

Donnelly, who has one Northern Ireland cap, has played mostly for the Craven Cottage side's youth team having joined them from Irish League side Dungannon Swifts.

He netted the third goal for his parent club when they won 3-0 at the Checkatrade.com Stadium earlier this month.

Reds boss Mark Yates said: "With Lanre Oyebanjo out until October we need cover in the right-back position and Liam is a player we have had on our radar for a while.

He's as tenacious defender but also good on the ball and, as we discovered when we played Fulham a few weeks ago, he can score the odd goal as well!

"We're delighted to have him with us and I'd like to thank Kit Symons and everyone at Fulham for making it possible."

Donnelly will go straight into the squad ahead of their final pre-seaon friendly at Whitehawk tomorrow.

Under the rules of the youth loan, the player will still be allowed to train with Fulham and play reserve-team matches for the League One side.

His loan expires on August 27.

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/reds-sign-tenacious-fulham-defender-on-loan-1-6880065

WhiteJC

Fulham XI Next Up

West Londoners bring pre-season to a close.

Colchester United bring pre-season to a close on Saturday when they take on a Fulham XI at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Tony Humes' men have won five and lost one in pre-season thus far, with the defeat to Leyton Orient the sole reverse of a productive few weeks.

With the season just over a week away, they will round off the friendly matches with a game against a young Fulham side.

The Cottagers recently signed former U's loanee Luke Garbutt, but he is likely to be involved with Kit Symons' senior side who take on Crystal Palace on the same afternoon.

Ticket prices for the match at the Weston Homes Community Stadium can be found HERE.

Don't forget, you can buy online and print your own tickets with our Print @ Home service at www.colutickets.com!

Meanwhile, tickets for the U's season opener against Blackpool will move to Advance rate as of Monday morning, so don't forget to buy your tickets for the first game before they move to the next price bracket.

Read more at http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-fulham-2583712.aspx#uTK75zEZ6U7J1GuJ.99

WhiteJC

Famous Fan: Felix White, The Maccabees

Alex Young spoke to the band's guitarist about Fulham, the infamous Michael Jackson statue, the myth of Patrick Roberts and failing to outrun DJ Spoony

Why do you support Fulham?

I've been following football from about the age of eight or nine but when I got to 12 years old I started badgering my Dad to go to a ground. He wasn't particularly interested at all but must have thought, 'Fulham is a nice club, he will be alright there' so took me on the train.

At the time it was £5 to get on to the terraces, we were at the bottom of the First Division at the time, so from then on I just got a couple of mates from school and did it... forever!

I had been to Wimbledon and Chelsea earlier with my mates but I felt like I wanted my own thing.

Any standout memories from the early days?

Quite a few! Back then the programmes were, obviously, much cheaper than they are now and had pull-out posters of the current players in them, so I had the likes of Matt Lawrence and Alan Neilson on my wall. It turned out that Matt Lawrence had been coming to see us for 10 years and we've kind of become friends after he saw us around Europe. There was something written in the stars with that!

Most of my early memories are of the half-empty terraces and being able to walk up and down with the play, moving towards the away end when we were attacking and such.

Moving on to more present-day matters, how do you see the club now under Shahid Khan?

It's so hard to know exactly what is happening so I don't want to pass judgement. But one thing it has given us is showing just how good a job Mohamed Al-Fayed did. For all that was written about him, he did such a good business job at Fulham. We never ever over shot ourselves in the foot. Being in the Premier League for 13 years is an incredible achievement and one of the greatest eras in Fulham's history.

Were you behind Al-Fayed during his tenure?

As far as Fulham fans within the ground go, I think there would be nothing but positives towards him because he did stabilise the club. He was probably the first celebrity owner of a club, apart from maybe Jack Walker at Blackburn. I mean, look at QPR and their yo-yo-ing between divisions. What he did for the club and community was very, very positive.

Talking of eccentricities, what were your thoughts on the Michael Jackson statue?

It's a little bit embarrassing but when I used to take people to Fulham they always wanted to see it. There was something so ridiculous about it, and people would be rolling their eyes at it and moaning about it... but surely football is something to moan about?

I would say though, as soon as it was removed we started losing games straight away. I heard from inside the club that Martin Jol paid to have it removed himself!

Moving swiftly on, Patrick Roberts has just signed for Manchester City...

It was a weird one with Patrick as he didn't really play that much. There was with huge myth wrapped around him, even my friend text me to tell me how good he was on Championship Manager!

He would be subbed on for the final 10 minutes, sometimes in lost causes, and try to beat seven people and run rings around people. But that was kind of it, some sort of encore really.

There are two schools of thought: firstly, we were shielding him from other clubs to try and not sell him, even though we have; secondly, that he wasn't actually quite ready and it was just for the good of him. I think it was the latter and he's not ready for the full 90 minutes.

He's obviously an incredible footballer - after all clubs don't sign players who aren't incredibly talented - but they are also filling their home-grown quota.

If he was playing for a couple of years at Fulham, it would be exciting - kind of like Wayne Rooney at Everton. But now it doesn't seem feasible.

What are your expectations for Fulham this summer?

When it comes to the Championship, you can change the order of all 24 teams and that is exactly how it could end up. We didn't know at the start of last season if we were going to finish bottom or top.

I've got faith in Kit [Symons, Fulham manager]. He's made a few signings, most of whom I've never heard of. I'm hoping he gets a full run at it his year. If we finish 10th, I'd be happy.

You've actually played at Craven Cottage, haven't you?

Yeah, I've got two caps for Fulham. They started this thing where ex-Fulham players play against celebrities for charity. The team is mostly made up of the golden era of Fulham players, so Luis Boa Morte and Luis Saha played last year. Maik Taylor played, Dave Beasant played...

They found out I was a Fulham fan so they asked if I would play, and play in the Fulham team. When I first did it, me and Al-Fayed's son were the only non-players in the Fulham team, which I hadn't worked out at the time so I just said 'Yes!'.

I hadn't played football for 10 years and didn't translate in my head that I would have to play football with them and how small the dressing room was at Craven Cottage. It was an incredibly intense experience. Last year I played on the right of midfield against Jason Euell, and he definitely had the legs on me. Even DJ-f***ing-Spoony had the legs on me! I had a nightmare.

The amazing thing about it was that these players were genuinely my heroes and the way they talk about the club... it's more than you hoped it to be. They all come back and say their best years were at Fulham. It's solidifies the best things I thought about the club. It's a really beautiful thing.

It must have been so surreal?

It was actually quite reassuring. The way they were all speaking to each other was like when we have a good gig - that depth of experience and enjoying each other's company.

But, one thing that doesn't happen at gigs is that they all get naked in front of each other... another thing I hadn't quite worked out.

Were you a bit modest then?

F***ing hell, man. I was like taking one arm out at a time. It's just not in my make up. It was awesome, but I did feel a little bit like a small child who had won a competition from a cereal box or something. And, as a 30-year-old, I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to take from the experience.

Your new album, Marks To Prove It, comes out on July 31. Elephant and Castle plays a huge role, why is that?

Having spent three years while making a record [in the studio in Elephant and Castle], it made sense for it to inform the record. A lot of inspiration came from overhearing conversations. A lot of people have preconceptions about it but when you live there you realise the layers of community. It's a special little pocket of a place. It's interesting to be embedded into the community. It was something worth celebrating.

The actual album cover is the Michael Faraday Memorial on the roundabout. It looks beautiful and other-worldly so it's great to shine another light on it. So that married with a lot of what we were trying to get out of the record.

So what can we expect from The Maccabees for the rest of the year?

We are playing some festivals then hopefully going to Europe, Australia and America before 2016.

The Maccabees new album 'Marks To Prove It', along with single 'Something Like Happiness', is released on July 31. For more information visit the band's official website: http://www.themaccabees.co.uk/

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2897/championship/2015/07/31/14026422/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss told players to shun Southampton's Maarten Stekelenburg

Dutch international reveals frustration

Fulham keeper Maarten Stekelenburg was sent to Coventry before he 'escaped' to Monaco.

Getwestlondon has learned ex-Whites boss Felix Magath issued a bizarre edict that players were to have nothing to do with the Dutch international because he was not part of future plans.

Stekelenburg has broken his silence by admitting he saw a loan move to Monaco at the beginning of last season as a way out of his torment.

Even so, the World Cup international played only four times for the French giants, but now has the chance to get his career back on track with Southampton after the Whites loaned him a second time.

"Monaco was not frustrating," Stekelenburg said. "No, it was my escape from Fulham.

"The loan was my only way out (of Fulham). I knew the situation when I signed for Monaco.

"The goalkeeper did a fantastic season – I knew the situation but I didn't want to have one more year like that. I wanted to play and I get the chance here at Southampton.

"Of course, it is frustrating being on the bench. I know my level, I know what I can do. But you also need a chance to show it. I am just happy with this chance here and hopefully I can continue like I did against Vitesse."

Stekelenburg, who is contracted to Fulham until 2017, made a sound start to his career at St Mary's last night as Saints beat Vitesse Arnhem 3-0 in the first leg of the Europa League third qualifying round.

He made an excellent save from the substitute Milot Rashica when the score was 2-0.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-told-players-shun-9766956?

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace Factfile

Fulham conclude their pre-season campaign on Saturday (3pm) when Crystal Palace make the journey across South London to Craven Cottage.

The opposition

Following the success of last season which saw Palace finish 10th in the Barclays Premier League, Alan Pardew has moved effectively in the summer transfer window to bolster his squad in the hope of building on that progress.

The Eagles pulled off a coup with the arrival of record signing Yohan Cabaye who moved from Paris Saint-Germain for an eight-figure fee – the Frenchman had previously played under Pardew for Newcastle United.

Last season's Championship Player of the Year Patrick Bamford has joined on loan from Chelsea to strengthen their striking options, while the highly rated Alex McCarthy will add competition in the goalkeeping department following his switch from Queens Park Rangers.

The results in pre-season have been a mixed bag thus far, with a 5-3 win over Barnet followed up by a 2-0 loss against German outfit Union Berlin. The Eagles then travelled to South Africa for the Cape Town Cup, where a 4-0 triumph over Supersport United set up a Final meeting with Sporting Lisbon, which they lost 2-0.

This week they faced Bromley back on UK soil and a Bamford hat-trick inside the opening 20 minutes set them on their way to a comfortable 6-0 win.

Tickets

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy, priced at £10 for adults, £5 concessions and just £1 for juniors. These go up to £15, £10 and £5 respectively on matchday.

Weather

The Met Office forecasts that it will be dry all day in Fulham on Saturday, with sun and cloud cover come 3pm. The sun may have disappeared by full-time, but the temperature will still be around 21 degrees.

Previous meeting

Already relegated Fulham twice came from behind to draw 2-2 with Crystal Palace on the final day of the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season. Dwight Gayle poked the visitors in front just before the half hour mark, but Cauley Woodrow restored parity in the second half with a fine left-footed finish, his first for the club. Gayle looked to have won it with seven minutes remaining when he curled a free-kick beyond David Stockdale, only for Chris David to earn the Whites a point with a sublime curling effort from distance.

Elsewhere

Simultaneously, a Fulham XI side will be in action against Colchester United at the Weston Homes Community Stadium. A number of First Team players will be involved against the Sky Bet League One outfit, and Kit Symons said that those who impress could force their way into his starting XI at Cardiff City a week later.

"We're putting out a very strong team away at Colchester," he told fulhamfc.com. "We're treating both games as First Team fixtures. Mike Rigg will be at the Colchester game running the rule over the players there so if people put in real quality performances there, that will come into contention."

Tickets for the game are priced at £15 adults, £10 concessions, and from £2 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/crystal-palace-factfile

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham v Crystal Palace

The Eagles will travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon to take on Fulham as they aim to ramp up their pre-season preparations with the new Premier League campaign just a week away.

Palace have won both their friendly games in England so far this season against Barnet and Bromley, as well as the emphatic 4-0 victory against Supersport United in the Cape Town Cup, with their two defeats coming abroad against Union Berlin and Sporting Lisbon.

Fulham meanwhile have beaten Crawley Town, drawn with Hertha Berlin and lost to Eintracht Frankfurt in their three warm-up games so far, the latter two taking place in Austria where Kit Symons' men undertook some high altitude training.

The likes of Wilfried Zaha, Jordon Mutch, Joe Ledley and ex-White Brede Hangeland could play a small part despite featuring against Bromley less than 48 hours before kick-off on Saturday, whereas the home side will also send a Fulham XI to Colchester United on the same day which their management have indicated will be a strong side line-up at the Weston Homes Community Stadium despite the visit of Palace.

The west Londoners have quietly gone about the transfer business this summer, bringing in former Eagles loanee Jazz Richards and Tom Cairney from Blackburn Rovers for undisclosed sums, and signing free agent Jamie O'Hara as well as Andy Lonergan, Ben Pringle and Andrew Dawber. They also this week completed the loan signing of Everton left-back Luke Garbutt until the end of the season.

Meanwhile Hugo Rodellega, Bryan Ruiz, Marten Stekelenberg and ex-Palace goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly are among 17 players to depart the club, including hot prospect Patrick Roberts who completed a big money move to Manchester City for a reported £12 million.

After seeing his side scratch around the bottom of the Championship table for the majority of last season, Symons has indicated that nothing less than promotion will do this season as the Cottagers aim to get back into the Premier League after a two season absence. Their last game at that level came against Palace when the sides shared a 2-2 draw on the final day of the 2013/14 season, with Fulham already relegated by then.

Tickets for the game will be available at the away turnstiles at Craven Cottage, which open at 1.30pm. They are priced at:

Adults: £15
Age 65 & over: £10
Age 17–21: £10
Age 16 and under: £5

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/get-all-the-information-about-tomorrows-pre-season-friendly-between-crystal-palace-and-fulham-at-craven-cottage.-2584417.aspx#ahfuXkShVA47e6Jr.99

WhiteJC

O'Hara: Set The Bar High

Jamie O'Hara expects the standard of the Whites midfield to be very competitive this season and he cannot wait to get started.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/ohara-set-the-bar-high

WhiteJC

Fulham (h) Ticket Details

Tickets for our second home game of the 2015/16 Sky Bet Championship campaign against Fulham will go on general sale on Wednesday 5th August (online only).

Tickets for the game, which is a category B fixture, at the KC Stadium on Wednesday 19th August (KO 7.45pm) are priced as follows:

West Stand
£30 Adults, £21 Senior (65+), £21 19-22 Year-Olds, £15 13-18 Year-Olds, £9 Under-13s.

East Stand
£27 Adults, £18 Senior (65+), £18 19-22 Year-Olds, £15 13-18 Year-Olds, £9 Under-13s.

North Stand
£27 Adults, £18 Senior (65+), £18 19-22 Year-Olds, £15 13-18 Year-Olds, £9 Under-13s.

South Stand
£27 Adults, £15 Senior (65+), £15 19-22 Year-Olds, £12 13-18 Year-Olds, £6 Under-13s.

Tickets will go on sale in person from the KC Stadium Ticket Office and over the phone from Monday 10th August.

Any tickets purchased by phone are subject to a 50p booking charge per ticket and a 60p postage charge.

Please note there will be NO cash turnstiles on the day of the game.

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/fulham-h-ticket-details-2584323.aspx#IMKMf2KltvRv4IF1.99

WhiteJC

Fulham Youngster Goes Off On Loan

As the new season draws nearer by the day, is it really just over a week away, news has broken of another youngster being given the chance to shine whilst on loan.

The club has announced that Liam Donnelly has joined the League Two side, Crawley Town, on loan.

Nineteen year old Donnelly, who has yet to make his senior debut for Fulham Football Club, will spend one month at Crawley where it is hoped that he will gain some much needed experience.

Donnelly, a defender is able to play as a right-back or as a centre half.

Speaking about the acquisition the Crawley Town manager, Mark Yates, had this to say to the official Crawley web site,

"With Lanre Oyebanjo out until October we need cover in the right-back position and Liam is a player we have had on our radar for a while."

Here at Vital Fulham we wish Liam well during his excursion away from the capital.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407325#ixzz3hXm3BHjK

WhiteJC

A Choice of Two for You!

If you are at a loose end this Saturday, then you could do worse than head over to either Selhurst Park or the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Fulham are involved in two pre-season friendly fixtures.

Kit Symons will be taking, predominantly, the first team squad to Selhurst Park, to see how they do against Premier League opposition.

However, a Fulham XI will also be taking on Colchester United at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, possibly a ground that many have never visited since Colchester United moved from their old Layer Road ground.

The choice is yours as we await the big kick-off next weekend when the Championship will burst back into life.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407330#ixzz3hXmEA3Oc

WhiteJC

Under-19s Head To Aesch

An Under-19 Fulham squad has travelled to Switzerland to take part in the FC Aesch U19 International Tournament.

The Whites will be coached by Steve Wigley and are in Group A where they will face FC Basel, Juventus Turin and Red Bull Salzburg.

If we finish in the top two, we will advance to the Semi-Finals where Real Madrid, Hamburg, FK Roter Stern Belgrad or FC Aesch Selection await.

A round-up of the tournament will be published on fulhamfc.com on Monday.

Imagery courtesy of http://u19-turnier.ch/.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/under-19s-head-to-aesch?

WhiteJC

New Matchday Live Coverage From 2pm.

This season we have enhanced our matchday coverage with #FFCradio which will be live before kick-off at every game, starting this weekend against Crystal Palace.

Presenter Sammy James will be on air from 2pm on Saturday with team line-ups, exclusive interviews with Kit Symons and Jamie O'Hara, and a run down on our new signings, before he hands over to Gentleman Jim and a special guest co-commentator for matchday commentary.

You can be part of the live matchday build up. Join in the conversation by tweeting #FFCradio.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/31/ffcradio?

WhiteJC

Championship side Fulham continuing their pursuit of Wolves midfielder

Sky Bet Championship side Fulham are still pursuing Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Kevin McDonald, reports the Express and Star.

The Cottagers have been heavily linked with a move the 26-year-old this summer and have already seen two bids, one of £1.25 million, rejected by the West Midlands club.

But the Scot's future at the Molineux is looking doubtful as contract talks with Wolves continuing to stall.

Manager Kenny Jackett wants the former Scotland Under-21 international to stay and the club believe their offer is fair while McDonald feels the deal offered does not appreciate his value to the team.

He was left out of the friendly against Burton Albion two weeks ago with Jackett claiming he was too "unsettled" to play.

Fulham boss Kit Symons is a keen admirer of the midfielder and wants to pair him with new recruit Tom Cairney in the heart of his midfield.

McDonald, who was ever-present last season for Wolves as they narrowly missed out on the play-offs, has been a key player in Jackett's side since joining from Sheffield United in August 2013 and played a pivotal role in the team that won League One in style the following year.

The midfielder has made 91 appearances in all competitions for Wolves, scoring five goals.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/championship-side-fulham-continuing-their-pursuit-of-wolves-midfielder/?#HmAuj9utAkeoVCj6.99

WhiteJC

Bournemouth 2-3 Cardiff City Match Report: Bluebirds show Fulham boss Kit Symons how much of a threat they can be

Cardiff City's supporters left Dean Court thrilled after going the entire pre-season unbeaten but one Welsh spectator didn't leave delighted

Fulham manager Kit Symons watched on from the main stand at Bournemouth as Cardiff City gave him plenty to contemplate.

He was left with no doubt that Russell Slade's team will pose a big threat to his Fulham boys next weekend.

The Bluebirds took on the newly-promoted Cherries and earned victory thanks to goals from Alex Revell (two) and Joe Ralls.

Manager Slade seems to have just about settled on his starting line-up, but Revell gave him a sharp reminder that he can be a genuine contender in attack.

The Talk
All the talk has been about Joe Mason playing alongside Sammy Ameobi or Kenwyne Jones, but Revell led the line well at Bournemouth and scored twice. He could well have forced himself into the team against Fulham.

City defended solidly and there was a fluency about their passing which was good to see.

This was a second win in four days against teams newly promoted to the Premier League and City earned both victories thanks to stylish performances.

They defended solidly with Matt Connolly and Sean Morrison effective at the heart of the back four, while the whole team effort was at a consistently high level.

One change
The Bluebirds made one change from their starting line-up against Watford with Revell in for Ameobi.

Jones did not make the trip to Bournemouth, but that was no more than a precaution because he played a lot of football for Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup and was rested.

Sources within the club insist rumours that Sheffield Wednesday want to sign Jones on loan are unfounded and he will be in contention to face Fulham.

Ameobi played alongside Joe Mason in attack against Watford, while he was among the substitutes for this one.

Ameobi is likely to play in his regular wide role against Fulham, although he again played in attack when he went on during the second half, but even a wing role poses a problem for Slade. Anthony Pilkington has been in outstanding form on the right, while Ralls is forming a solid partnership with left-back Scott Malone on the other side.

Could he leave either of those out of his starting line-up? On their form so far the answer is no.

Joe Ralls
Ralls topped another quality display with a cracking goal against Bournemouth.

City produced a fluent and effective first-half display against their newly-promoted hosts, creating better chances and coming from a goal down to lead.

Tokelo Rantie caused problems for City defenders with his pace, but the Bluebirds defended solidly overall.

Mason had a glorious chance with the score at 0-0 when Matt Connolly clipped the ball over Bournemouth defenders. Billy Cargill failed to cut it out and Mason ran in behind, but blazed just over from 10 yards after taking a touch.

Goalkeeper Adam Federici was helpless and Mason put his hands to his head in horror as his shot flew over.

Rantie fired the Cherries ahead after 28 minutes, beating the City offside trap with his pace and darting past goalkeeper Simon Moore before rolling the ball into an empty net.

Hitting back
City hit back with two goals in three minutes. Ralls fired a belter into the roof of Federici's net after a good build-up involving Connolly, Pilkington and Peter Whittingham.

The finish was all about power and accuracy with Ralls' shot giving Federici little chance.

That came after 41 minutes and then City netted again from a second successive corner. Morrison's header from Whittingham's ball in was cleared and from the second corner the same players linked up again. Whittingham picked out Morrison and his header back across goal was tucked away by Revell.

City extended their lead when Revell tucked away a Malone pass on 63 minutes before Marc Pugh pulled one back for the home team seven minutes later.

Cardiff look in good shape with a week to go before the Championship season starts. On the last two performances, in wins against Watford and Bournemouth, they gave plenty of reasons to be positive.

The Teams
AFC Bournemouth:  A Federici, S Francis, A Surman, M Pugh, T Rantie, C Daniels, Y Kermogant (S Quigley 35, then M Butcher 46), S Distin, E O'Kane, H Cornick, B Cargill. Subs not used: R Allsop, F Costa, S Matthews, B Whitfield, M Walsh

Cardiff City:  S Moore, L Peltier (Fabio 76), S Morrison (capt), M Connolly, S Malone, A Pilkington (C Noone 70), K Dikgacoi (S O'Keefe 76), P Whittingham. J Ralls, A Revell (A Ameobi 75), J Mason (E Doyle 75). Subs not used: M Kennedy, K Harris, S Ajayi, B Wilson

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/bournemouth-2-3-cardiff-city-9770305?

Aldo

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 01, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

A Choice of Two for You!

If you are at a loose end this Saturday, then you could do worse than head over to either Selhurst Park or the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Fulham are involved in two pre-season friendly fixtures.

Kit Symons will be taking, predominantly, the first team squad to Selhurst Park, to see how they do against Premier League opposition.

However, a Fulham XI will also be taking on Colchester United at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, possibly a ground that many have never visited since Colchester United moved from their old Layer Road ground.

The choice is yours as we await the big kick-off next weekend when the Championship will burst back into life.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407330#ixzz3hXmEA3Oc

Looks like I'm going to the wrong ground! Well done Vital Football. Can't even get the venue right!

WhiteJC

Yohan Cabaye set for Palace start at Fulham

YOHAN Cabaye is set to feature for Crystal Palace at Fulham on Saturday alongside a number of other first team players.

The Frenchman was rested for Thursday's 6-0 win over Bromley but will take part in the pre-season friendly at Craven Cottage.

Also set to take part in the game are the likes of Julian Speroni, Scott Dann, Damien Delaney, Pape Souare, James McArthur, Mile Jedinak, Jason Puncheon and Glenn Murray.

Yannick Bolasie will be assessed after a recent hamstring niggle.

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Yohan-Cabaye-set-Palace-start-Fulham/story-27523070-detail/story.html#ixzz3hYfYyYT0
Follow us: @CroydonAd on Twitter | croydonadvertiser on Facebook