watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Live football fix

Started by GoldCoastWhite, July 23, 2010, 05:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldCoastWhite

Our local A-League kicks off in a couple of weeks so I'll have some live football to keep me amused in between FFC screenings. Adelaide Utd play Perth Glory tonight at Hindmarsh (great little local A-League ground) so I'll go along to make some noise and have a few beers. Robbie Fowler has signed for Perth this season so hope to see the old fella have a run out. Also thrilled to see page 3 of our local paper reporting that Hindmarsh has banned vuvuzelas. They've been declared a public nuisance under the conditions of entry. A victory for common sense ! I'll still be maintaining my Brisbane Roar membership and loyalty, even if I will catch a few Adelaide games, and I'm flying up to watch them (Brisbane) take on Gold Coast United on August 8th. GCU have a billionaire owner and a nice stadium but crowds in their first season in were very disappointing. Only 50 miles from Brisbane to Robina so it's developing as a good local rivalry and we took 6,000 last year. Hoping for the same, if not more this time so shaping up as a great weekend away. Adelaide to GC is 1,000 miles as the crow flies but domestic flights are pretty cheap, expect I'll pay about £100 return, but it's not one I can do every week ! My nearest away teams are the 2 Melbourne sides, 400 mile flight so I might try to get over there for a couple of Brisbane games. Any of this sound familiar to our USA crew ???

Jimpav

That's very insightful mate. Certainly puts mu season ticket whinge into perspective. Are there any teams in Cairns/Darwin/Broome or how far North are they based? I did Melbourne to Perth by  train and then Perth-Sydney by train. It was some trip but must be pretty full on to cover those distances as a player, especially as you are changing climate and time zones.

GoldCoastWhite

Townsville is the farthest north Jimpav but the longest journeys are those from Perth to Wellington and vice versa. That's a journey of around 3, 200 miles ! But the Perth boys have a major trek whoever they play. Did you get up to Townsville at all ? Pretty tropical up there so a major climatic change for the Kiwis or any of the southern teams, perticularly early in the season.
Adelaide minimum 5c and max 15 c today, Townsville 15 minimum and 27 max !

HatterDon

meanwhile, in deepest darkest South Texas, San Antonio newspapers are still mumbling [roughly once every two weeks] about the possibility of our landing a USL league 2 side in the 7th largest city in the USA -- and one that's neary 60% Hispanic. The USL operates independently of MLS and there are those from USL-1 cities who will tell you that there are several clubs in that league who could compete very well in MLS. USL-2, however, is one rung above Whale poo, and as any Texan will tell you, there's NOTHING lower than that. So I'm stuck with TV, watching the odd MLS match [and most of them are] and waiting for my Fulham to begin playing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on July 23, 2010, 07:45:10 AM
Townsville is the farthest north Jimpav but the longest journeys are those from Perth to Wellington and vice versa. That's a journey of around 3, 200 miles ! But the Perth boys have a major trek whoever they play. Did you get up to Townsville at all ? Pretty tropical up there so a major climatic change for the Kiwis or any of the southern teams, perticularly early in the season.
Adelaide minimum 5c and max 15 c today, Townsville 15 minimum and 27 max !

Thanks for that Goldcoast.

I did get up to Townsville on my way up the East Coast but didn't spend any siginicant time there. I just took the ferry over to Magnetic Island which was a fantastic place.

It was exceptionally humid in those parts but this was the wet season (February time). Regretfully I didnlt catch any matches when I was out in Oz but I used to like watching the PL. Was always fun being in a packed bar at 2am watching a match.