watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker

Started by The Swan, August 03, 2015, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

With O' Hara winning the first MOTM last Saturday, will Parker ever get back into the side.
The Swan

Ron91

I think Scotty P is a real team player and knows he can play an invaluable role to getting us promoted! 46 hard battling games we will certainly need his leadership and experience in some situations. 

Craven Mad

Kit rates Scott and he'll walk back into the side no matter what. I'm not saying that's what I want, just what I expect.

Chutney

He's club captain and gives everything for the team, he should play.
C O Y W

Tonywa

The general animosity towards him on here is beyond me. Even at this late stage of his career, he was still a class above most of the other players last season and I'm sure he'll still have a part to play, even if not a regular starter.

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Parker is still quality, and injuries permitting, should have a big influence this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

We do try and make conclusions from very little evidence. O Hara looks good so is that the end for Parker? The Greek spends five minutes on the pitch and turns the slowest centre half in Brede and does that mean The Greek must be loved and treated to sacrificing virgins on the alter to appease him?

Ner 'fraid not. Parker will return if he can recover from the op. But good to see O Hara doing well. Nice to see a better squad than this time last year. But a long way to go before we can make any conclusions on who is going to play and how often.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 04, 2015, 12:05:50 AM
We do try and make conclusions from very little evidence. O Hara looks good so is that the end for Parker? The Greek spends five minutes on the pitch and turns the slowest centre half in Brede and does that mean The Greek must be loved and treated to sacrificing virgins on the alter to appease him?

Ner 'fraid not. Parker will return if he can recover from the op. But good to see O Hara doing well. Nice to see a better squad than this time last year. But a long way to go before we can make any conclusions on who is going to play and how often.

Your observations are meticulous.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Still like Parker and think he has a lot to offer the squad.  If nothing else he can lead by example.  He keeps his wits about him and is not quick to temper.  He's not a diver and flopper (big plus for me).  When he takes a knock he gets back up and shakes it off.  He's a real player and I wish there were more of him today. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WONKYTONKY

Its going to be invaluable having back-up in every position this season. Its a great position to be in wondering if Scotty can get back in the team but with the amount of games and physicality of the league. Its guaranteed we'll need to use him at times even if O'Hara carries on this form.

hovewhite

Scotty adds more quality to the squad and is imprtanant to the team.

Bronaldinho

Personally? I'd see him as backup or used to shield the back 4 with O'Hara for tougher games.

But in games we should go for the win, O'Hara LVC/Cairney would be my midfield choice, much more creative.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JackyFulham90

I expect to see Parker next to O'Hara at times. Christensen will rotate with them 2 I would expect

aaronmcguigan

I like the idea of McCormack as team captain, ie armband on the pitch, and Parker as club captain, ie role model for the younger ones, be a link between kit and the team. It's inevitable he will play less and I'm sure he's still on premier league wages, and we really need to wring every ounce of experience out of him as possible. The passion he shows is great, if that can be leant in just tiny fractions to every player in our squad we will walk the league

Riverside

As it stands yes Parker will get plenty of playing time

Last season was still a class player .

O'Hara and LVC will not both be able to play 90 minutes twice a week - even if they are not injured or suspended .

I expect Parker to get as much game time as both once ( hopefully not if ) he is fully fit .

filham

Just hope Parker regains fitness soon. When fully match fit he just has to be in the team but it is good to know there is a replacement available.
Can't understand why Parker's operation didn't take place a few weeks earlier so as to allow maximum possible recovery time before the start of the season

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 03, 2015, 10:08:31 PM
Kit rates Scott and he'll walk back into the side no matter what. I'm not saying that's what I want, just what I expect.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you Craven.
Kit does love his favourites above all else.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

love4ffc

Personally I would like to see Parker take Hyndman under his wing this season and help in his development.  If Parker starts with Hyndman as his sub that would allow for other players to push up and keep the pressure on hopefully for the full 90.     
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?