watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RSM-- the Reconsider Sven Movement

Started by mattiesafer, July 23, 2010, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ag

Sven's agent's name is Athole Still?  Huh, pretty close to right for an agent.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on July 23, 2010, 04:46:42 PM
When we first started this poll, I voted for SGE and stated my preference for him. In addition to everything said in the first post on this thread, it also follows that he's had success with club sides before -- naturally, or the FA wouldn't have hired him to run England. A couple of things need about his personality merit discussing further:

1. He's in it for the money. Well, of course he is. If managers WEREN'T in it for the money, there'd be a gigantic clog at the airports when Tenerife United's job came open.

2. He'll do well with us and then use us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. Good! I hope he does. It'll mean he has ambition. Nobody with real ambition sees Fulham as the pinnacle of football managership -- I mean, WE all do, but we're only professional fans. The only way he's going to realize that ambition is to improve on the past two seasons. I'm all for that. This, as has been pointed out, is basically what Roy did. If the job does go to Sven and he does piss off after 2 seasons, hopefully he'll leave us with a squad a bit younger and fitter than the one Roy left us with. Besides, he's 62. How long did you figure him to stay as boss?

3. He's got an eye for the ladies. Well, which of us hasn't? How exactly does that damage Fulham? I certainly prefer that over hiring a thug like Wide Boy 'arry. Besides that, to my knowledge the last top-flight manager who didn't have a yen for the ladies was Cheri Lunghi.

So, is Sven wants us and we want Sven, and if he still has the legendary "three players" in his pocket, and if MAF offers him the 20-25m that he was going to give Jol, and if the deal can be done QUICKLY, then I say "hells yeah!"
there are many reasons Mr Don that I class you as a friend and a genius and this post is just another reason :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

os5889

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 23, 2010, 11:49:01 AM
I am extremely hopeful that MAF won't touch Eriksson with a barge-pole as I believe he would be a disaster for us.

As England manager there was no evidence of system in his teams - if he was a disciple of Roy's he seemed to have learnt very little. At Man City he acknowledges he bought players he had never seen play and spent quite a lot of money to only limited effect. I do not see him (or in fact Jol) as the sort of manager who is capable of working with decent but not exceptional Premiership players and doing what Roy did - getting them to gel and play to the limits of their capabilities. The most likely outcome, had Jol been appointed or if Erickson is, is that there would be one or two "star" buys who might or might not come off, but would certainly upset the current players in terms of wages, and given our relatively modest income stream keeping some control on wages is vital to our long term health. Better to stay a decent mid table Premiership side than over-extend and do a Leeds or Portsmouth.

The bottom line is that even with MAF's subsidies, we are a relatively lowly funded Premiership club and we need another Roy, not someone who is used to buying success. Thus someone like Jones or Curbishley is attractive as they have relevant experience, or someone like Lee or Steve Clark(e) or Sean O'Driscoll who may yet become top class managers, would be a better choice. The former type would be the safer option but the latter the more interesting. What we don't need is someone whose managerial history has been at markedly bigger spending clubs than us.

And of course quite apart from his managerial unsuitability for a club like ours, Eriksson is a replusive individual who oozes greed and sleaze.

Curbishley, you were doing so well, a balanced post even if I didn't echo your sentiments then I stumbled across that dirty route 1 boring word and you lost me! You've let yourself, your club and Danny Murphy down  :011: :011: