News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Klinsman is Mo's hot favourite now (what do you think ?)

Started by tingtawng, July 25, 2010, 01:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

Jurgen Klinsmann set to dive into Fulham managerial hot-seat - report
25 Jul 2010 08:20:00
4Share
Jürgen Klinsmann (firo)
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/25/2040883/jurgen-klinsmann-set-to-dive-into-fulham-managerial-hot-seat

Former Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann is believed to be heading Fulham's wish-list, as their search to find Roy Hodgson's successor continues.

According to The People, chairman Mohamed Al Fayed is determined to appoint a pedigree manager and is reportedly not favouring a move for former England manager Sven Goran-Eriksson who took charge of the Ivory Coast at World Cup 2010.

Fulham had been left red faced earlier this week after their failure to land Ajax coach Martin Jol, but Al Fayed will not be rushed into appointing a new dug-out chief.

Klinsmann, hailed as the man who masterminded and matured Germany's latest national team, has been out of work since leaving his post as Bayern Munich manager last summer.

The former German international is currently living in California and is not believed to have applied for any jobs. However, it is reported that the former Tottenham Hotspur striker would jump at the chance of a return to the Premier League.

Fulham are prepared to offer their new manager a £20 million transfer war-chest and a wage in excess of £2m a year.

Current caretaker boss, and Fulham stalwart, Ray Lewington is overseeing pre-season preparations with the Cottagers on a tour of Sweden.

Yet it has been speculated that several first-team players are keen for a new manager to be installed as soon as possible so that their future at the club can be assured.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

HatterDon

Eric to audience: What do you think of it so far?

Audience: RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

Listened to his interviews and he certainly talks a good game and I am sure his connexions will be many and varied...... from his general demeanor though I feel.

1. He will spend the warchest and be back looking for more.
2. Ray .... grab your coat ... I'm sure he'll bring his own support team in.

He will be an expensive signing and will want to buy expensive players (please... not Ballack).

Not sure about this one, but i think it is marvellous we are scouting at this level...

HD....  :49: why so anti.... have you a story to tell re our proposed Organisation von allgemeinen!!!

HatterDon

1. He was not pursued by the German FA after the 06 World Cup despite them making the semis.
2. He was a disaster at Bayern during his year there. The players pretty much ignored him after some seriously dubious tactical and strategic decisions. He should be remembered as the man most responsible for Wolfsburg winning the Bundesliga. Needless to say, he wasn't asked back there either.

As a memorable English lady I once spent some time with in the mid-60s was fond of saying, "He's all mouth and trousers, that one."

Many Americans want him to run our national team -- primarily because he speaks English with an accent, sort of like what has happened in England with Sven and Cappello.

TonyGilroy

Not for me. Big personality but no track record as a manager.

If we can't get a top international manager we'd do well to settle for someone who's got Prem League management experience and who hasn't yet failed.

Mark Hughes or Alan Curbishley fit the bill and if they're not exciting choices they should be low risk and safe.

boxhockcycsock

I think that Klinsmann taking the German nationalteam to the semis is an accomplishment in itself. We can't infer that his resignation was forced from the facts.

I'll give you that he was not as successful as the other coaches have been in recent memory, and that Klinsmann was fired. However he still took Bayern to the quarter-finals of the Champions league, quarter-finals of the League Cup and third place in the overall Bundesliga before he was fired because that's just not good enough for Bayern. Think about it  :010:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

Peabody

Lets be honest, none of us has any idea and that includes the media, as to what is happening behind the scenes. This latest speculation may turn out to be right, who know's, One thing is certain though, this whole episode is becoming a farce and the sooner someone is selected the better. Then we can get down to the serious business of running a football club. It may well be that the final choice will not make everyone happy but at least we will have a manager in place.

sipwell

They've always said of Klinsmann that he is a great motivator but crap at tactics. At the World Cup in Germany, it was already Löw who did all the tactical work and Klinsmann motivated the players. He seems rather good at it, apparently eve though his track record with Bayern wasn't that impressive. Don't forget he re-organized all of the players facilities at the stadium (for a hefty sum) and brought in some utterly strange new age stuff.

I'd pass on this one
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

"All mouth and no trousers" seems to sum it up well...

AlFayedsChequebook

Would be pretty worried if this went through. Klinsman seems more suited to punditry than managing a premier league side. I thought he wants to live in the US anyway?

Tom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 26, 2010, 10:19:41 AM
Would be pretty worried if this went through. Klinsman seems more suited to punditry than managing a premier league side. I thought he wants to live in the US anyway?
He lives in California right now.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on July 26, 2010, 03:53:49 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 26, 2010, 10:19:41 AM
He lives in California right now.

Which is actually quite near the USA. Here's hoping my missus doesn't read this; she's only a naturalized Texan and was born in "The OC."

FC Silver Fox

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

ScalleysDad

That old sage Mr Pleat has just been on the radio as part of a general discussion on the Fulham management scenario. Lewington was mentioned and it the context of the debate the option has some credibility. Do we need a 'name' with all the bells and whistles, upheavals and rollercoaster settling in period or do we need a moment, or 365 days, of stability. The back room staff is better organised and indeed qualified. Macintosh and Jennings are in the loop and appointing Murph as player coach has the added bonus of a bootroom type heirachy in place and it gets him off the pitch where he is proving to be costly at times. Even at Bournemouth it looked like he was carrying on where he left off in Hamburg.   

Pleat only suggested lewington .............. I made up the rest but it works for me.

Scrumpy

No thanks to Klinsman - but Mo does seem to get seduced by the idea of a 'footbal celebrity' at the helm sometimes. I would rather have Sparky or Sven ahead of him.

I agree that Lewy can coach the side effectively from day to day for a short while yet, but I wouldn't want him in charge of signings, tactics etc really. Still no mad rush to appoint a Manager, but you'd want it sorted within about a week now.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ScalleysDad

Don't mo/macintosh/jennings have huge input into signings. Like many managers would'nt it be a case of "I would like, can I have" and Mo would either pay up or wave politely.
With the time scale we have, the uncertainty in the dressing room and the hesitancy of would be signings I think we have got the stage where Lewington has to step forward and be supported. I'm sure the players would go with it. If we are chasing clowns like Klinsmann, media queens like Sven and colossal upheaval via the Hughes route the Lewington option actually begins to look ..................... can't think of the word but its not desperate ...................  maybe palatable.