watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A bit more on Jol

Started by OldBrownShoe, July 27, 2010, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

I rarely believe the stuff I read in the newspapers but...according to the Daily Mail Martin Jol, ever so nearly part of this parish, is trying to sign Mido for Ajax.  Have we had a narrow escape?!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LBNo11

...ha-ha! If true old fiend, it may be Jol's way at getting back at Ajax for not releasing him...!

:005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

OldBrownShoe

Two games with Mido in the side could bring about Jol's early release I suppose! :005:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

sipwell

He actually signed Mido, says a Dutch newspaper, but it hasn't been made official by any of the clubs yet. You may not forget that Mido already played for Ajax and was one of the top strikers there. He is still very much loved, even if his career went down the drains later on. Also don't forget that Marseille (I think) paid a lot of money for him, so the risk of Ajax is not that big...

He also signed El Hamdaoui who played for Tottenham for a while. When he played for AZ Alkmaar, his former club, he scored 50 goals in 81 appearances!

Hence I don't think he has a bad eye for good players...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

GeorgeRyan

Ajax have no money, which is why Jol wanted to leave, and this is the only calibre of player they can afford. Poor Jol. He's trapped there.

Burt

Didn't Mido play for Spurs when Jol was there?

I'm old and senile and may have my facts wrong, but there may well be previous between the two...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Burt on July 27, 2010, 10:23:47 AM
Didn't Mido play for Spurs when Jol was there?

I'm old and senile and may have my facts wrong, but there may well be previous between the two...

Mido did indeed, Jol bought him for £3m then sold him for £7m, good bit of business!

bog

Morning old brown shoe. Yes we did! Mido has to be a candidate for biggest twerp/twit to ever run out onto a football pitch. I well remember he being subbed when playing for Egypt and throwing a right old hissy fit on the touchline and whilst in the middle of this his replacement went and  scored with his first touch!