News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kone - wonder what made us back out last minute.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

perhaps we had unexpected success in pursueing another player who we preferred over kone.

Joly poly

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM
perhaps we had unexpected success in pursueing another player who we preferred over kone.

How about he's not that good.

westcliff white

if we wanted 2 and went for 3 then we seem to be able to get 2, don't see the issue myself
Every day is a Fulham day

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Joly poly on August 31, 2015, 07:16:23 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

How about he's not that good.

thats what I dont get. why did we chase him in the first place and take this almost to the end and then back out.

Nero

In case stearman fell though or he's on a decent wage at Lyonshall and didn't like the wage offered at Fulham. Or he met someone or something he didn't like about fulham

SKSW6

Wasn't the rumour that the Stearman bid had been on the table for months, and Wolves just accepted it recently? Could be that Stearman was definitely first choice that we'd all but forgotten about, so agreed Kone deal, then Wolves accepted out of the blue and now we're backtracking on Kone.

Max Headroom

I suspect we went for more than we needed in case one dropped out. after all we don't want the same defence as last season do we. and mutiny from the fans

mike_corkcity12

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  1m1 minute ago
he had to leave on international duty & Fulham said he had to undergo more medical tests & then decided not to sign him".

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  3m3 minutes ago
Incredible developing story with Bakary Koné. Aulas "considers him a Fulham player. We signed his transfer. They dragged their feet until..

horse1031

From the Lyon fans it sounds like no one likes him and that he isnt that good.  Surely we caught word and backed out!!?  haha 064.gif

bill taylors apprentice

Maybe, just maybe the club covered all eventualities before deciding who they actually signed.
Hard to believe I know.

And now the French are whining! Typical.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 31, 2015, 07:28:45 PM
he had to leave on international duty & Fulham said he had to undergo more medical tests & then decided not to sign him".

Incredible developing story with Bakary Koné. Aulas "considers him a Fulham player. We signed his transfer. They dragged their feet until..

If OL signed their part but we didn't sign ours, then surely he's not our player?  If we did, then we did and he's ours now.

westcliff white

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  1m1 minute ago

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  3m3 minutes ago
Don't see what the issue is if he hasn't finished the medical, no deal I s complete until they have completed and passed a medical. We may have signed a letter of intent as long as he completes and passes a medical which it seem she hasn't done

westcliff white

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 31, 2015, 07:34:05 PM

If OL signed their part but we didn't sign ours, then surely he's not our player?  If we did, then we did and he's ours now.
Not necessarily quite often letters of intent are signed so that a deal can be completed after a transfer deadline, this gives time for  medical or all the paper work to be complete. if the deadline in France was today then that made sense for both sides so perhaps the are confusing this with a signed contract

bill taylors apprentice

Pure guess work here but................

Maybe the two clubs sign a declaration of intent but until the buying club has satisfied itself and got the player to sign his contract and his registration is transferred he's not our player.

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 31, 2015, 07:42:42 PM
Pure guess work here but................

Maybe the two clubs sign a declaration of intent but until the buying club has satisfied itself and got the player to sign his contract and his registration is transferred he's not our player.

exactly my point above

Woolly Mammoth

I don't think Kone was prepared to see his contract out on the M25.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

was at MP for 3 days so assume medical went wrong/agent asked too much - usual stuff

Fulham76

Have we changed our minds on this one? How do we know?

leonffc

Generally clubs will have deals already in place all over the shop at this time of year and they will fall away because of club A, club B or the player.
It's not uncommon for a club to have three players lined up for one position and they will obviously have a No.1 target and back ups. Kone was hopefully a back up and we've pulled the plug because we've got one of our better options

Jonaldiniho 88

I do feel for the lad. Good luck to him. It's unfortunate how Lyon fans have humiliated him and I hope we don't have a big hand in that.