News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kone - wonder what made us back out last minute.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 31, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
Wasn't the rumour that the Stearman bid had been on the table for months, and Wolves just accepted it recently? Could be that Stearman was definitely first choice that we'd all but forgotten about, so agreed Kone deal, then Wolves accepted out of the blue and now we're backtracking on Kone.

Thats exactly how I read it. Stearman was the first one we persued, Lees then Dunk. Offer been on the table all summer, Wolves realise they need funds to get bodies in and accepted late on. Unfortunately,depending which way you look at it I think we're lumbered with Kone

Woolly Mammoth

I am to understand Kone was diverted and told, just follow the Diversion Signs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Joly poly

Fine work Ali Mac, well done for getting us this situation.

Jeroen

Quote from: Joly poly on September 01, 2015, 07:25:08 AM

Hey!!! At least we had 3 or 4 defensive options ready at the same time - though that we are now in this situation, but you can't blame the club for covering all bases - can you imagine if our first & 2nd options were to fall through and we didn't have this Kone as backup......

Milo

Who is this Cone fellow anyway?

Don't like the sound of him, we have enough traffic in our penalty area as it is..

Skatzoffc

064.gif

We just stand him on the penalty spot and everyone has to go round him.
He's a bit slow, (some would say static), but quite solid.
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Ordar

I hope the club aren't going to end up with egg on our face due to this. I'm surprised they haven't released a statement given how much Lyon have been slagging us off.

I really feel sorry for Kone

alfie

Goodness me, there is always one who apportions blame before knowing the facts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cookieg

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 04:19:27 AM
I am to understand Kone was diverted and told, just follow the Diversion Signs.

He was last seen on a lorry going up the M1. Apparently Luton heard there was a Kone available.

westcliff white

Quote from: alfie on September 01, 2015, 08:02:39 AM
Goodness me, there is always one who apportions blame before knowing the facts.

ALi Mac doesn't do the deals now anyway as I understand the set up
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

Fredericks was cheaper and younger, also if he performs well his resale value would be higher than Kone's due to him being from England

westcliff white

But Fredericks is a full back and Kone a CB, I would be more worried about Mancieene or Stearman on this deal. I do believe we will still sign one of those I have mentioned, if we wanted two form the 3 then we would still have that albeit one being the third choice.
Every day is a Fulham day

os5889 mkII

http://www.lyonmag.com/article/75145/l-ol-pret-a-saisir-la-fifa-pour-le-transfert-de-kone-a-fulham

OL ready to seize Fifa to transfer Koné Fulham

This is an issue that looks the least thorny.
Become desira non grata in Lyon since the arrival of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and the return from injury of Milan Bisevac, Bakary Kone was charged with finding a new destination during the summer transfer window. This seemed to be a done deal after meeting the medical visit to Fulham FC. But the Club Championship (English D2) finally turned around while the contract in possession of the OL was "perfect", says Jean-Michel Aulas.
"For me, Kone is a player from Fulham. We signed for the transfer of Bakary. Fulham has dragged until his departure in selection, and therefore he could not stay. After his departure officially recorded, they discussed further medical tests to pass before informing us that they do not take, "he has said, visibly risen on Monday on the sidelines of the presentation of Sergi Darder and Lucas Tousart. To address this issue, the president Olympian would not hesitate to enter the highest levels of football: "If we are going to court, we will pass through it and it will happen to Fifa. Legislation is inevitable in our favor. We'll see." The English transfer market closes on Tuesday evening, a favorable outcome ( for the three parts) could, however, intervene in the day.
@OsmithFFC

hovewhite

i can onl guess we have stearman deal signed up.

filham

Tell me , at this moment have we a new ,well proven centre back signed up who is fit and ready to go and wants to play for us and is clearly a better player than Burn, Hutch or Bodurov..

This has been an absolute priority that should have been addressed last May and sorted well before the start of the season

Ordar

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2015, 10:53:12 AM
Tell me , at this moment have we a new ,well proven centre back signed up who is fit and ready to go and wants to play for us and is clearly a better player than Burn, Hutch or Bodurov..

This has been an absolute priority that should have been addressed last May and sorted well before the start of the season

Ream? He's obviously better

filham

I think perhaps this is a new and unacceptable face of Fulhamish.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

Or we pulled out of the transfer legitimately, Lyon are desperate to get rid of a player they don't want and are trying to force our hand with the treat of getting FIFA involved?  Seriously, not everything is always our fault.  Next people will be blaming de Gea's transfer shenanigans on us.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 01, 2015, 12:23:26 PM
Quote from: filham on September 01, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

Or we pulled out of the transfer legitimately, Lyon are desperate to get rid of a player they don't want and are trying to force our hand with the treat of getting FIFA involved?  Seriously, not everything is always our fault.  Next people will be blaming de Gea's transfer shenanigans on us.
..........or at least on Kit ;)  :048:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Why are some people rushing to blame Fulham without any understanding of the facts?  Is this just a desire to bash the club you allegedly support or does someone actually have inside knowledge (in which case do share)?