News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kone - wonder what made us back out last minute.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Twig on September 01, 2015, 12:40:48 PM
Why are some people rushing to blame Fulham without any understanding of the facts?  Is this just a desire to bash the club you allegedly support or does someone actually have inside knowledge (in which case do share)?

well developed habit. seems that some are looking for the needle in the haystack of good news.

the French are just bitchy and whiney because they thought they'd got rid of a player they didn't want. likely, they know they are stuck with him and the sabre rattling is for some degree of face saving
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Rupert

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 12:18:37 PM
Quote from: filham on September 01, 2015, 12:12:28 PM
I think perhaps this is a new and unacceptable face of Fulhamish.

Perhaps, But they have never forgiven us for Agincourt.

Or Waterloo.

Much to my surprise, you may have a point (I know, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) since this year is both the 600th anniversary of Agincourt (actually Azincourt) and 200th of Waterloo, and some of us may be guilty of rubbing their noses in one of them just a bit a couple of months ago, in Belgium.
So they may be feeling a bit sensitive right now. Bless them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 31, 2015, 07:28:45 PM
OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  1m1 minute ago
he had to leave on international duty & Fulham said he had to undergo more medical tests & then decided not to sign him".

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  3m3 minutes ago
Incredible developing story with Bakary Koné. Aulas "considers him a Fulham player. We signed his transfer. They dragged their feet until..

Sounds more like a Mitro saga in the making - we missed a bullet it appears.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: os5889 mkII on September 01, 2015, 09:39:34 AM
http://www.lyonmag.com/article/75145/l-ol-pret-a-saisir-la-fifa-pour-le-transfert-de-kone-a-fulham

OL ready to seize Fifa to transfer Koné Fulham

This is an issue that looks the least thorny.
Become desira non grata in Lyon since the arrival of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and the return from injury of Milan Bisevac, Bakary Kone was charged with finding a new destination during the summer transfer window. This seemed to be a done deal after meeting the medical visit to Fulham FC. But the Club Championship (English D2) finally turned around while the contract in possession of the OL was "perfect", says Jean-Michel Aulas.
"For me, Kone is a player from Fulham. We signed for the transfer of Bakary. Fulham has dragged until his departure in selection, and therefore he could not stay. After his departure officially recorded, they discussed further medical tests to pass before informing us that they do not take, "he has said, visibly risen on Monday on the sidelines of the presentation of Sergi Darder and Lucas Tousart. To address this issue, the president Olympian would not hesitate to enter the highest levels of football: "If we are going to court, we will pass through it and it will happen to Fifa. Legislation is inevitable in our favor. We'll see." The English transfer market closes on Tuesday evening, a favorable outcome ( for the three parts) could, however, intervene in the day.

Perhaps he should join forces with Real Madrid and drown their sorrows in unison.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Joly poly on September 01, 2015, 07:25:08 AM
Fine work Ali Mac, well done for getting us this situation.

Ye Gods, damned if he doesn't do anything, but damned if he does. Without knowing the FULL facts and story, why take a poke at AM for this?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 05:00:10 PM
Quote from: Rupert on September 01, 2015, 03:40:35 PM

Or Waterloo.

Much to my surprise, you may have a point (I know, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) since this year is both the 600th anniversary of Agincourt (actually Azincourt) and 200th of Waterloo, and some of us may be guilty of rubbing their noses in one of them just a bit a couple of months ago, in Belgium.

Not forgetting Trafalgar.

and the 100 years war.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rupert

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2015, 12:17:53 AM

Or Waterloo.

and the 100 years war.

No, they actually won that one.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rupert on September 02, 2015, 01:13:53 AM

Or Waterloo.

and the 100 years war.

No, they actually won that one.

We just let them think they did.

Never forget your Roots.

Joly poly

Quote from: Logicalman on September 01, 2015, 05:36:46 PM

Ye Gods, damned if he doesn't do anything, but damned if he does. Without knowing the FULL facts and story, why take a poke at AM for this?
Well I'll say well done for scouting the players and dealing with the agents in Rigg but once it comes to dealing with clubs, sorry Ali Mac you've messed this one up not just with Lyon but with French football. The clubs in France will think we can't trust Fulham when it comes to buying their players even if we sign a letter of intent to sign them. The French market is a great market to buy players (look at Newcastle, villa and Swansea), it's going to take quite a bit of time and longer negotiations to get these players to sign for us.

leonffc

Quote from: Joly poly on September 02, 2015, 07:16:36 AM

Well I'll say well done for scouting the players and dealing with the agents in Rigg but once it comes to dealing with clubs, sorry Ali Mac you've messed this one up not just with Lyon but with French football. The clubs in France will think we can't trust Fulham when it comes to buying their players even if we sign a letter of intent to sign them. The French market is a great market to buy players (look at Newcastle, villa and Swansea), it's going to take quite a bit of time and longer negotiations to get these players to sign for us.

But as LM said, we don't know the facts. I mentioned before that clubs have loads of deals in place and they all hinge on other deals of both inward and outward players. This sort of thing happens all the time! As long as Fulham didn't sign / submit the important documents then we are in the clear.
The club know the rules so hopefully it's just bitterness from Lyon because they haven't shifted a player they didn't want for a decent sum of money.
If it is another bungle from the club then, well to be honest I wouldn't be surprised after some of our transfer dealings (not necessarily AliMac) but let's wait and see

Burt

Or Waterloo.

and the 100 years war.

You missed out the recent Tour de France  :dft011:

Logicalman

Yep, cannot disagree with you on that, though I would also add that if a French club needs to rid themselves of a player, and even if the only team that shows interest is an English one, then money will always win over feelings and they will sell to whomever.
Again, without the actual facts we are just speculating, and I believe that RM did the same in regarding getting DDG back on home turf, until the paperwork got messed up, and even after all the press releases from the clubs, we don't REALLY know all that happened there either.

alfie

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2015, 09:41:26 AM

Or Waterloo.

and the 100 years war.

You missed out the recent Tour de France  :dft011:
and battle of the Nile, didn't we win that as well?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cookieg

Quote from: Logicalman on September 01, 2015, 05:32:17 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 31, 2015, 07:28:45 PM
OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  1m1 minute ago
he had to leave on international duty & Fulham said he had to undergo more medical tests & then decided not to sign him".

OL News / English ‏@OLNews_eng  3m3 minutes ago
Incredible developing story with Bakary Koné. Aulas "considers him a Fulham player. We signed his transfer. They dragged their feet until..

Sounds more like a Mitro saga in the making - we missed a bullet it appears.

If it is the case that he would rather go off on international duty than get himself sorted for a new club then as you say a bullet dodged. Surely his international coach would allow him another day to get this done and dusted before joining up?

cookieg

Nobody knows why this didn't happen - maybe his agent wanted more money/vary the terms or as said earlier Kone went off for international duty and didn't complete his medical. His club are blaming us because they didn't get rid of a player they don't want. Perhaps it will make us more wary when dealing with French clubs rather than them not trusting us.

Either way he isn't coming and we move on.

Jims Dentist

Hope we don't get a blockade of burning tyres outside CC before the Blackburn game.

Woolly Mammoth

Has Kone got many relatives, as they are all over the M25.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 03, 2015, 08:12:41 PM
Hope we don't get a blockade of burning tyres outside CC before the Blackburn game.

I hear they are digging up Joan of Arc for the occasion.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Kone is no relation to Konan the Barbarian by any chance.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 03, 2015, 10:52:19 PM
Has Kone got many relatives, as they are all over the M25.

It means there is money in the country!

Road works, (Kones), everywhere.