News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kone - wonder what made us back out last minute.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 31, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: leonffc on September 02, 2015, 08:20:57 AM
Quote from: Joly poly on September 02, 2015, 07:16:36 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 01, 2015, 05:36:46 PM
Quote from: Joly poly on September 01, 2015, 07:25:08 AM
Fine work Ali Mac, well done for getting us this situation.

Ye Gods, damned if he doesn't do anything, but damned if he does. Without knowing the FULL facts and story, why take a poke at AM for this?
Well I'll say well done for scouting the players and dealing with the agents in Rigg but once it comes to dealing with clubs, sorry Ali Mac you've messed this one up not just with Lyon but with French football. The clubs in France will think we can't trust Fulham when it comes to buying their players even if we sign a letter of intent to sign them. The French market is a great market to buy players (look at Newcastle, villa and Swansea), it's going to take quite a bit of time and longer negotiations to get these players to sign for us.

But as LM said, we don't know the facts. I mentioned before that clubs have loads of deals in place and they all hinge on other deals of both inward and outward players. This sort of thing happens all the time! As long as Fulham didn't sign / submit the important documents then we are in the clear.
The club know the rules so hopefully it's just bitterness from Lyon because they haven't shifted a player they didn't want for a decent sum of money.
If it is another bungle from the club then, well to be honest I wouldn't be surprised after some of our transfer dealings (not necessarily AliMac) but let's wait and see

Also, rather than looking bad on Fulham, or French teams not wanting to deal with us, it might stop teams thinking they can stitch us up with a player who is not either fully fit or not worth the money they want?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Swiss72

Kone is apparently included in the C1 team for Lyon. So the matter seems closed. But not sure what went wrong behind the scenes. Aulas the OL president is quite full of himself and only plays following his own rules.

Wearethewhites

Ever heard the expression of overkilling a joke?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 07, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Ever heard the expression of overkilling a joke?

Yes, and I am over killing it, but why not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

What is occurring and happening about this Kone fella, have we in our possession, an update.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I am happy to state that I reckon this transfer is dead in the water now, and Kone will be diverted elsewhere. As we have more than enough capable defenders, and he was not an improvement on anyone defender Fulham already have.

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

In all seriousness Woolly I think it's fantastic right now that we actually have some depth to our squad.  That we can actually debate and play around with squad player positions and starts.  Much better then last year for sure. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on September 18, 2015, 01:41:39 AM
In all seriousness Woolly I think it's fantastic right now that we actually have some depth to our squad.  That we can actually debate and play around with squad player positions and starts.  Much better then last year for sure. 

You are absolutely correct, the additions to the squad since last year are not only quality but appear to be of the right character to settle in and play within the frame work of the team. Then if you add the players already here from last season, who are a year more experienced, and have tasted diss appointment in defeat, which itself is character building, and these players who survived the cull, are the cream that was left after the players surplus to requirements have been moved on.
On paper we look a formidable outfit. With cover more or less all over the pitch.
Yes of course a little bit of surgery is needed here and there, but the jigsaw is coming together, and once the team settles down and we pick a consistent team, we will be hard to beat I would imagine. But the bonus is that in most cases, if a regular player missed a game, his replacement is of good quality.

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2015, 03:06:47 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on September 18, 2015, 01:41:39 AM

You are absolutely correct, the additions to the squad since last year are not only quality but appear to be of the right character to settle in and play within the frame work of the team. Then if you add the players already here from last season, who are a year more experienced, and have tasted diss appointment in defeat, which itself is character building, and these players who survived the cull, are the cream that was left after the players surplus to requirements have been moved on.
On paper we look a formidable outfit. With cover more or less all over the pitch.
Yes of course a little bit of surgery is needed here and there, but the jigsaw is coming together, and once the team settles down and we pick a consistent team, we will be hard to beat I would imagine. But the bonus is that in most cases, if a regular player missed a game, his replacement is of good quality.
:54: exactly
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?