watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, July 27, 2010, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Is there anyone else who thinks that MAF is now looking at giving Ray Lewington a chance in charge...again?
Also as for SGE I recall when he was at Manchester City it was early into his reign and he brought his side down to the Cottage. After we drew with them he said...'We have to win at clubs like this...' oh right. Perhaps if there is nothing else about then a 'club like this' will do then Mr Ericksson?'     

Fernhurst

Isn't that a pretty standard attitude within the higher echelons of football regarding our wonderfully evocative, atmospheric, and traditional football club? There are even some in the 2nd Division (Championship) that look down their noses at us......it appears s that despite our 10 years in the Premier League we are still considered to be a bit of an embarrassment.

I listened in silent contempt at Andy Townsend praising us to high heaven during our epic European adventure.
I thought back to a couple of seasons earlier when broadcasting live out on the road.... The studio was talking to him and mentioned Fulham were playing Wigan at The Cottage and Fulham had made this game a "family day" when the kids could get in for a quid.

His reply was "They will have to pay them to go to that one"  :046:

Me.... Hold a grudge ...... nah!!

WhiteJC

if the job was going to Ray them it would have been announced, I still think we'll get someone that none (very few) of us though of.

TonyGilroy

I agree.

To give the job now to any of those who have been touted as favourites is akin to confirming that they were way down the queue and are the best of a bad lot.

bog

Fernhurst, I recall Townsend saying after we beat Wolfsberg that it would be different fare against Hamburg as they were a much stronger side and with a twisted face for added effect said 'I think that will be the end of the run..but they've done well...........' pat us on the head then Andy. Patronisation is endless...wonder how they will credit Liverpool's efforts? Would I grin if they went out in the first rounds? Possibly :dft012:...