News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So,after a fairly great window,we have to give the manager until Christmas?

Started by Rambling Syd version 2, September 01, 2015, 05:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

My biggest concern is the coaching and managing. As for the squad, it very pleasing to see the players we have brought in. A good outfit. The icing on the cake would have been a striker and possible a winger. We do lack pace, and with Smith injured and Taggart out on loan, we are lightweight up front when it comes to depth in strength.
Nevertheless, well pleased with all the defenders brought in recently, which will certainly tighten us up, and our midfield is quality.
Maybe the loan window, may catch a fish or two. But overall, I am well pleased.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 06:22:03 PM
My biggest concern is the coaching and managing. As for the squad, it very pleasing to see the players we have brought in. A good outfit. The icing on the cake would have been a striker and possible a winger. We do lack pace, and with Smith injured and Taggart out on loan, we are lightweight up front when it comes to depth in strength.
Nevertheless, well pleased with all the defenders brought in recently, which will certainly tighten us up, and our midfield is quality.

My concern is not so much the managing but more the coaching, but in saying that I have no idea what his coaches qualifications are or how good they really are.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on September 01, 2015, 06:40:36 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2015, 06:22:03 PM

My concern is not so much the managing but more the coaching, but in saying that I have no idea what his coaches qualifications are or how good they really are.

You make a very good point there Alfie.

Never forget your Roots.

Luffy86

New teams take a little time to gel... There have been glimpses of good play also

Jims Dentist

Still very little pace in squad.
Hoping loan window might bring some in, but regret that it is not in Symon's plans or he would have done something about it by now.

Woolly Mammoth

We do need pace up front sooner rather than later. Idealy a pacy Striker, and a winger.
Nevertheless, we have quality through the team, and strength in depth.
Therefore, Fulham should push on and stay in touching distance of top six.
If Symons fails to show any improvement with the performances and the results. Then Fulham will have to make a decision, preferably before Christmas, as there is no excuses now, they are his players and his team, he has to show leadership, and be proactive, otherwise he will invite further criticism and doubts about his ability.
Let's hope for all our sakes he starts getting it right.

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: HV71 on September 01, 2015, 06:04:09 PM
Yes .......like a turkey

064.gif
He has to go.

He is a Muppet both tactically and man management wise with his "favourites" system imo.

The sooner the better. At least we will be able to salvage the season if we do it quick.

I'm serious.
With this team/squad we should be right up there. With him we will struggle to mid table after batting around the lower order.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

davew

Last chance saloon for him, he has a squad on paper that should finish near the top 6th, had we got hold of a proven striker and pacey winger then I would have said top 6. Agree give him to Christmas and review the situation then.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on September 03, 2015, 09:21:02 PM
Last chance saloon for him, he has a squad on paper that should finish near the top 6th, had we got hold of a proven striker and pacey winger then I would have said top 6. Agree give him to Christmas and review the situation then.

I agree it has to be the last chance saloon, I will be delighted to see him succeed, but I have my doubts, I just hope they are unfounded, and he proves he is capable, but I am not convinced at this moment.

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

He should have been sacked at the end of last season, but as he wasn't he started with a clean slate this season but after the Huddersfield game I thought he should have gone.
Now with his own players if things don't improve big time in the next 5 games then surely it's time to say goodbye.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

PokerMatt

I too wanted him gone at the end of the season. I too think he's not good enough - he doesn't seem to learn from the same mistakes he was making at the start.

I did always think our players were better than they were performing, and now this transfer window has given us one of the better squads in the division. It means there are now no more excuses.

With that in mind, I'm happy to believe that Kit didn't have the team he wanted, which explained our random results. However, I'm also a firm believer in if the performances are there then the results will follow - we've not had many good performances under Kit, so this will need to improve very quickly if he's to win me over.

I desperately want to be proven wrong. So please do, Kit.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

Not now...

It feels like we have made some good signings in the window and our momentum is growing. There are 9 league fixtures between now and the end of October so lets see how things pan out over that time.

If we are still 3 points off the playoffs as we are now then that would represent strong progress over last season.

If we are still 2 points off the relegation zone as we are now then that would indicate that a change should be made.

filham

Quote from: Luffy86 on September 01, 2015, 06:58:44 PM
New teams take a little time to gel... There have been glimpses of good play also

So right we have to allow Kit some time to pull these players together into a team, we should not expect instant success. Hopefully though we can achieve a solid mid table position by Christmas.

H4usuallysitting

It's a game of points on the wall.....if Kit doesn't get the points he gets the boot - I don't think you can point a timetable at it....he's currently being assisted by Curbs so that should also help him.....but at the end of the day its a points led business

Artful Dodger

As has been pointed out, this is Kit's team and he should be congratulated at bringing in the players he has - we should have been here this time last year. It is a results based business though and Kit will be judged on results but on the context of a far better squad than he inherited last year both in terms of ability and experience. I still maintain he achieved what we needed him to do last year and so deserves a couple of months before we judge him this year.

If things are not good by the end of November, that is the time to act as a new manager needs time before the Jan window and not leaving it to Christmas but I am confident that will not be necessary - top 6 should be within our ability this year! 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae