watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just a bit of speculation

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 01, 2015, 10:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

with our new squad, where do you think we will finish this season?.....I'm revising my guess from 14th to top 10 - I'm still not convinced we are top 6 material.....but this may change after January

dannyboi-ffc

Pushing for playoffs but just missing out unless we spend in January
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

The Old Count

Blanco

Mid table. Same as my pre season prediction. Good signings mean nothing with a bad manager. I might have to eat my words if Kit gets the team rolling. I hope that happens. Things will look brighter if the team can put in a convincing display against Blackburn and take the 3 points. But, as I said, with Kit in charge there isn't even any point in thinking about the playoffs.

Sgt Fulham

12th-13th realistically. Lack of pace, another proven striker and manager are the reasons as to why not top 6.

Jims Dentist

Well said Blanco.
Still little pace in the squad.

SuffolkWhite

Have said top 10 all along with an outside chance of top 6. Once this team get to know each other things will begin to work and consistency will come, but a play off place will depend on on how long it takes to gel.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Rock

Low teens, maybe 9th-10th. We make the playoffs I'd be very surprised; maybe a 10-15% shot in that happening.

Woolly Mammoth

It should not take long to gel, they are professionals, and quality players, and it's a simple game. It's how the manager and coaches handle it, is of more concern to me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David Allen Crankshaw

Ordar

I'm still not convinced that Kit is the right man for the job, however on paper we have one of the best squads in the league. We are a little light up front so a loan of a striker is imperative.

If Kit can't get this squad to a playoff at the very least then he should be fired. We have 5 or 6 player of the seasons from last year in the starting 11. The best striker and best 2 midfielders in the division.

Personally I think automatic promotion should actually be the target, but people like to have low expectations on here

alexbishop

With the squad - top 6. With the manager and coaching staff - mid table I think unfortunately.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

gezkc

I'm going to reserve judgement until the new team have actually kicked a ball.
On paper, it's looking promising, but time will tell.

TheManOnTheBus

Kit comes good: 3rd.  Just miss out on automatic promotion.  It is a great squad.  Dembele / Woodrow will come good. Smith back in a few weeks.  And a loan striker will be on the cards in any case when loan window opens. 

Kit doesn't then he will be gone in a month or two and mid-table.

Burt

I'm sticking to my earlier prediction of mid-table...

FulhamStu

Difficult to say but agree with most, Kit has not shown he had much ability yet, good recruitment will mean mid table at worse.

Slaphead in Qatar

squad is good now, but manager is not up to the task. so i would be surprised if we get promoted this season.

filham

We now have a new squad of players and it will take time to get them playing together. Who can reliably predict how they are going to perform?.  Perhaps we can reach a mid table position by Christmas and then with small adjustments push for a play off place in the second half of the season.

I am at this moment looking at the Blackburn match as a six pointer to get us clear of the relegation zone.

Chutney

We have the potential to win the division and should be challenging to do so, mid table isn't good enough.
C O Y W