watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what are our loan options then?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, September 02, 2015, 09:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I think the majority would now agree keeper's,  defence and central midfield is more than good enough. If we are going to bring in someone it is most likely to be a striker so what are our options?

Gayle possibly now that a permanent move has fallen through, Qpr kept Austin so I would imagine we would be front runners if it was possible.

Hooper- seems the most realistic but I would raise the question.  If Norwich were reluctant to loan him without getting a replacement then how can that change in a weeks time now that they are stuck with their squad?

James Wilson- rumours he may be allowed on loan

Lewis Grabban- didnt get his move to Bournemouth and id imagine more likely to be allowed to leave without a replacement than Hooper is.

Jon Walters- handed in a transfer request so something isnt quite right there. Highly unlikely he will go anywhere until Jan but if he does he can only go to the championship.

Danny Graham- God no! But sadly its a realistic option.

Aguero- rumoured to be unsettled in Manchester and wants a swift move down to London. Apparently specifically to a club that plays alongside the banks of the Thames and next to a park but strangly specifically called Bishops Park. I guess it must be us.

Anichebe- if he isn't in the first team plans at WBA.

Fletcher- didnt get a move and has been linked to us in the past few weeks. Wages may be a stumbling block though

Not all my choices but trying to think of our options. Is there anyone else and what do we reckon?

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

Berahino never wants to play for WBA again so I'd rescue him from his limbo. He'd do a job until Jan.
And as a poor plan B, Adebayor is in the same boat. Hasn't even got a squad number at Spurs!

fulhamben

I wouldn't bother now. Try and get Dembele to sign on and just go with what we have
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 02, 2015, 09:58:55 AM
I wouldn't bother now. Try and get Dembele to sign on and just go with what we have

As I said in another thread though, it's not just about Dembele (or Woodrow). McCormack has no pressure on him as the senior 'striker'. He needs someone pushing him to perform.

Chutney

Quote from: leonffc on September 02, 2015, 10:16:25 AM

As I said in another thread though, it's not just about Dembele (or Woodrow). McCormack has no pressure on him as the senior 'striker'. He needs someone pushing him to perform.

Woodrow has scored the last two times he's brought on, if the strikers below him are scoring, he knows he has to perform.
C O Y W

JudgeBread

Aiming a little high Steven Naismith doesn't strike as the kind of bloke who would be happy with a spot on the bench for Everton week in week out.

Riverside

I like the Aguero idea . Though I do recognise that there are many on the Board that would debate whether he is good enough for us

westcliff white

WIlson is available for loan, although I think we should wait and see how we go
Every day is a Fulham day

Asotosyios

Quote from: Riverside on September 02, 2015, 10:25:21 AM
I like the Aguero idea . Though I do recognise that there are many on the Board that would debate whether he is good enough for us

Craven Mad

Id be keen for us to go for Jesé lingard and Dwight Gayle to give us some pace up top. Alternatively James Wilson or Gary Hooper would be good too. Is Joel Campbell still around too? Arsene might be keen for him to get English game time if so...

Andy S

There is a lot of rubbish talked about championship experience. You soon learn that when you are here.Teams are all different as they are in every league. You have to be able to adapt your game and even style unless of course you are the perfect player

@jolslover

I think we should look at getting a RM, before getting an ST

Buckley, Van La Parra and Hoilett were all not offloaded by their clubs and will probably be available for loan
STH H3

Craven Mad

f321ffc

If he has anything about him he will be pushing himself, if not then the manager should be on his case.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

leonffc

Quote from: f321ffc on September 02, 2015, 11:30:08 AM

If he has anything about him he will be pushing himself, if not then the manager should be on his case.

Of course but all footballers will perform better if they have others pushing for their place. Its why top managers such as Fergie and Mourinho are keen to add to their squad every year - to keep the pressure on, to stop top top players resting on their laurels.
If a team wins the league you'd imagine they are at the top of the game at pushing themselves but the worst thing a manager can do is not add to that championship winning side to keep them on their toes.

But we are talking about a striker who can't even come back from a summer break in decent shape!!

Chesh

My main concern is that if McCormack gets injured, we currently have Dembele and Woodrow as a front pairing, and quite frankly that is not something that gives me confidence at their current stages of development.

I hope we get Hooper or Gayle, so that we then have Dembele or Woodrow as first change - a much stronger proposition.

I'm fairly ok with Ross and one other for now, but as I say, an injury, and we're totally undercooked.  :58:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Chesh on September 02, 2015, 01:41:15 PM
My main concern is that if McCormack gets injured, we currently have Dembele and Woodrow as a front pairing, and quite frankly that is not something that gives me confidence at their current stages of development.

I hope we get Hooper or Gayle, so that we then have Dembele or Woodrow as first change - a much stronger proposition.

I'm fairly ok with Ross and one other for now, but as I say, an injury, and we're totally undercooked.  :58:
Smith is still around. He won't be out for that long. Plus, I'm sure we were smart enough to include a recall in Taggart's loan deal, so we'd be able to have him
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

ToodlesMcToot

I like Dembele, want him to succeed...with us, and want to be able to convince him to stay but, he's never come close to playing a full Championship season. I watched the Rotherham match yesterday (first opportunity). Moussa is still making "rookie" mistakes with the ball and his finishing could use work. Having said that, he is still dangerous in front of goal. He's got loads of potential, at very least for this level of the game.

I'd want both Dembele and Woodrow in my team (bench, w occasional starts) and getting plenty of minutes but, I would not want to rely on them if Ross turned up with a long term injury.

We need another striker.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 02, 2015, 02:13:22 PM

Smith is still around. He won't be out for that long. Plus, I'm sure we were smart enough to include a recall in Taggart's loan deal, so we'd be able to have him
Season long loan deals 99% of the time only allow for a recall in an open transfer window.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on September 02, 2015, 02:54:19 PM
Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 02, 2015, 02:13:22 PM

Season long loan deals 99% of the time only allow for a recall in an open transfer window.

True but, the number of games we have to play between the injury and the opening of the window could determine the success of our season. Would rather be overstocked at striker and able to remain a scoring threat than under and miss out on playoffs. I think and hope that having another proven option at striker is a luxury that we can afford.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude