News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are you happy with our transfer business?

Started by Sheepskin Junior, September 02, 2015, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Yes
60 (77.9%)
No
8 (10.4%)
Wait and see
9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Sheepskin Junior

I've seen 1,000,003 different posts about the window, so let's make this clear and concise: are you happy with what we've done this summer?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

HatterDon

I voted for George Clinton, extreme left winger for Parliament Funkadelic. He's got pace, dreadlocks, and a killer backing track.

I'm excited to see who everyone else picks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

res

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 02, 2015, 02:51:17 PM
I've seen 1,000,003 different posts about the window, so let's make this clear and concise: are you happy with what we've done this summer?
Yes

jarv

yes, but blind faith because the only one I have ever seen play is Ohara.   Optimistic though.

ToodlesMcToot

Yes. There was enough good business, both outgoing and incoming, that we should now have a very good base upon which to build going forward. The team is far more balanced both from a playing standpoint and from an age and contract length standpoint.

I'm a bit more "wait and see" about how I believe our transfers will impact this season. I think we are built well enough and with enough talent to compete for a playoff position but, we are still short one proven striker. I'd like to see what we do in the loan window.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

delighted myself as its our best window in years.

Jonaldiniho 88

I'm happy. The proof is in the eating but I'd order it on a menu.

Andy S

As long as the people at the top have done their homework and It looks as if they have we should have a good season. Where we will finish though is in the lap of the gods

tonynorton

davew

1 extra striker as we are now down to 3 available at the moment and I would have voted yes. Overall the squad has been strengthened either with cheap or free signings or short term loans to patch up the cracks left through injuries, in the long term I worry though and in the short term I also worry about our strike force or lack of!! n the other hand no need to worry we are Fulham supporters!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HV71

This window was double glazed (defence & midfield ) but lacked the triple (attack). Still good nonetheless - don't want to be a pane.

simplyfulham

The problem I have is with some of the other deals that were done for other clubs.

I understand that I will be slated for saying this and that transfers are often for more complex then they can appear on the surface. Nonetheless there see a few deals done that bothered me because we didn't make them.

Liam Moore on loan to Bristol City.
Nathan Baker on loan to Bristol City.
Nathan Byrne to Wolves for £2m.
Fernando Foriesteri to Sheffield Wednesday for £3m.
Glen Murrey to Bournemouth for £4m.

All players in positions that we either recruited for or were looking for.

With the exception of Murrey who did go for a rather large sum considering his career to date and went to a premier league club, all were seemingly achievable targets for us.

Most of these players would have added a new dimension to what we currently have and could have significantly improved our squad.

In that sense I am disappointed. Although I am over the moon to bring O'Hara in, 5 years later then we hope but nevertheless.

davew

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 02, 2015, 09:51:55 PM
The problem I have is with some of the other deals that were done for other clubs.

I understand that I will be slated for saying this and that transfers are often for more complex then they can appear on the surface. Nonetheless there see a few deals done that bothered me because we didn't make them.

With the exception of Murrey who did go for a rather large sum considering his career to date and went to a premier league club, all were seemingly achievable targets for us.

Most of these players would have added a new dimension to what we currently have and could have significantly improved our squad.

In that sense I am disappointed. Although I am over the moon to bring O'Hara in, 5 years later then we hope but nevertheless.

You won't be slated by me as I think there is a lot of credibility in what you have posted. We didn't do too bad though, at least relegation should not be an issue this season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 02, 2015, 07:26:01 PM
I'm happy. The proof is in the eating but I'd order it on a menu.

Well said, 88.  We know there's talent, but chemistry is another thing.  So far, looking good.  Trust your hopes and not your fears. 

YankeeJim

Since we needed basically an entirely new squad, I'm happy with what has been done. I think we have greatly improved the team. It needs more, but that will come.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

valdeingruo

I am pleased as it seems like we have attempted to bring in a new defense. Garbutt is a class above and I was pleased we got him in. The club also identified due to his injury we needed cover and got a known entity in for a short term in Husband. I would have liked another forward, however the loan window is still open and there is rumors of Vydra, Hooper and Gayle coming in, though with Dembele getting time and Woodrow aswell one more option would be great, though if we stay injury free we wont need another.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Milo

Happy about the transfer window...? Perhaps. Unhappy about the obscure analogies used on the first page of this thread? Definitely.

Woolly Mammoth

An analogy is the comparison of features between two different things to highlight the similarity between them.  As defined in the Oxford Collins English Dictionary.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 02, 2015, 09:51:55 PM

Maybe they were achievable targets for us, but also maybe they did not want to come here, maybe our management did not think they were, who knows.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't