watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield Wednesday away tickets

Started by Supermitch, September 03, 2015, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

I know Bristol City fans in the main boycotted on the basis of £39 and all credit to them for doing so.  Just seen that our visit there in a couple of weeks is costing £33 (was £27 last March).  I think that is still taking the proverbial and whilst was intending to go have decided in principle not to. 

Thoughts? 

Northern Cottager

£33 for an away game so far away (For most ) is a joke.

It's not too far from me but I'm swerving it.

Burt

Just out of interest, what is our pricing for away supporters?

leonffc

Crumbling ground, the nearest away pub (if you park near the ground) is about a mile hike up a hill.
And I may be wrong but I can't remember being able to get a beer in the away end when AJ scored 2 in the FA cup.
Not for me at that price!

Supermitch

Quote from: Burt on September 03, 2015, 12:25:11 PM
Just out of interest, what is our pricing for away supporters?

QPR friend of mine has paid £25 (adult) price, usual concessions.  Have to charge the same as home supporters for equivalent seats.

stephenFFC

The price is a joke. Swansea have it right. They subsidise so no adult will pay more than £22 for an away ticket. I think that's fantastic.

I also have a few mates who support Watford. Not sure on the match ticket price but the official coach travel was £1 per person. Another great incentive to get numbers to away games. 

Supermitch

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on September 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PM
Guardian covered this today. FFC are top 5 for expensive.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/03/championship-ticket-prices-52-pounds-game

Indeed the top price tickets, presumably middle of the Riverside Stand are at the higher end but 20-25 for most seats say behind the goal seems about average and acceptable (in my view).  Higher than that is too much.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: leonffc on September 03, 2015, 12:38:10 PM
Crumbling ground, the nearest away pub (if you park near the ground) is about a mile hike up a hill.
And I may be wrong but I can't remember being able to get a beer in the away end when AJ scored 2 in the FA cup.

Crumbling ground?? One of the great old venues of British football, a proper football ground.
After forking out 50+ notes for Arsenal and Chelsea for years not overly bothered by £33.
Six of us going, got cheap trains and loads of decent pubs in Sheffield, short team ride out to Hillsborough, really looking forward to it.

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 03, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

Crumbling ground?? One of the great old venues of British football, a proper football ground.
After forking out 50+ notes for Arsenal and Chelsea for years not overly bothered by £33.
Six of us going, got cheap trains and loads of decent pubs in Sheffield, short team ride out to Hillsborough, really looking forward to it.
But be honest it's outdated,  lower tier clearly can't be used,  and I'll have to take pictures this year of seats I saw high upon the left with a view of nothing.

It needs massive amount of money to bring it up to modern standards.... Hence the £33 ticket >:(

Wingnut

Had flights and train booked for this, so I am going to go. If I had know that they were going to charge £33, I would have most definitely given it a miss.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

dannyboi-ffc

I agree Super Mitch mate! But football in general is too expensive now, this season is the first where I refuse to pay the away prices. It's just too expensive and life's throwing extra responsibilities at me which make me think, is it worth it? Just to see a neglected ground I got to see last season.

I will still go to 10 away games roughly but Middlesborough or a day out with the kids to the farm or something? Priorities for me especially when they charge so much.  I just wish if we had to be relegated at all it came 2 years earlier so that I could afford to experience every championship ground. Pity to miss out on some random ones but it's missing my kids growing up that I think I will regret more than Hillsborough somehow.

Could never give up that season ticket though! No matter how bad they may get
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 03, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

Yeah I'm sure it'll be a good trip on the train but just because it was a great ground doesn't mean its not falling apart. Look at the Coliseum in Rome!

And yeah, there are probably loads of pubs in Sheffield but I meant if you park near the ground (as I did). Walking up the massive hill we saw a load of lads lurking in an alley saying "these look like Fulham". Ready for an unwanted rumble (its a long roll down) it turned out they were Fulham as well thinking they'd been sent on a wild goose chase up a mountain. Anyway, we found the pub in the end!
Now, if you're looking for chip shops, there seemed to be one every other house around the area!

Travers Barney

Mixed bag of visits there....75...lucky Birmingham and avoiding bottles of haig whiskey thrown  by irate brummies......next 3-3 draw in the rain ooh ah Tigana..........next trip to 'Players' and two curries in one night prior to the FA cup victory leon refers to....then the  league cup defeat watching that inept swede put in one of his trademark revolting performances  and then hearing dembele had signed for spurs on the way home.......hoping surrey beat notts on Monday to book a place at Lords on the 19th..otherwise might have to turn out.

Wednesday fans in my experience absolutely love slagging off their team....always amuses me.

coyw
We are the whites

SKSW6

Already had train tickets booked well in advance (to save money on the already crazy price), otherwise I probably would've thought twice about going.

Woolly Mammoth

You can still back out, if you plead insanity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.