watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just a reminder

Started by General, September 03, 2015, 10:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

That despite his doubters I still think one of our youth players has the potential to be a full international and grow into a fantastic player.

he may not be everyone's cup of tea but at 20 years old he has already played a full season in the championship,  represents his international side at youth level and has already racked up a healthy handful of goals in the league.

He has a very solid head on his shoulders and a centred enough head to realise he can constantly improve. Not to forget a great work ethic and ability to hold up the ball and bring others into play.

Cauley needs to be given time not only from fans but on the pitch and so does dembele who I believe could really flourish at the club and I also think will be able to make the step up to premiership too.

Just seems like some people forget how young these guys are and the potential they actually show for their age.

Thanks Cauley, hope it's a long and propsperous career with us - keep your head down. Destined for great things.

You too moussa and hyndman.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

valdeingruo

I think that the past few years, unlike many others is  youth in the side. During our Prem years, notably during the "Murphy" era all of our players in the first team was in their mid to late twenties or beyond. Occasionally Frei or Smalling would make the bench, but that was not the standard. Cauley is going on his 3rd year being in or around the first team and he is only 20. I know the latest trend is to hope for a wonder kid who will impact the team straight away, that's why Roberts was held in such regard, even though we have a plethora of youth who could impact us for years to come if we can hold on to them. I know they aren't the same player, but it took Dempsey a few years to get going with us and he was older than Cauley by a few years. If we can consistently show youth they have a chance here then that can only bode well for our long term future.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Lighthouse

They both suffered from being put into the first team at least a season too early. Now they still may be a season away from being good enough to hold onto a regular place.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

Absolutely.

Cauley's quite a unique striker also in that he's not the biggest guy, but can hold up the ball to great success and has a really nice touch - reminiscent of Bobby Zamora in a way without the bulk. The comparision to Teddy Sheringham is made frequently, and I see that also in that he is better as a supporting striker with a good ability with his feet - can play one-twos, thread passes in and ping balls wide.

He has snatched at chances frequently, but that's all part of being a young player. In time, the chances he has missed in the past, will be comfortably dispatched. He's had two chances in league games this season, put them both away winning us a point at the death against Huddersfield and wrapping up all three at Rotherham.

I've not even mentioned the high pressure - his pressing and endeavour was a huge factor in beating Derby County at the Cottage - it set the tone for the rest of the team to follow and he got a goal in that game which his performance deserved. 

If he continues to take his chances, he'll go to the top. He's already a goal behind his league tally last season! It's a long season, and I'm sure Cauley will make himself a worthy member of the squad and more than deserving of his winners medal......................... That was a joke.

I'd love to see us start Cauley with Dembele against Stoke in the cup, they had a good partnership when they played together at youth level, brushing past Reading in the U18 Premier League final to pick up Fulham's first U18 honour with Dembele scoring a hat-trick, one of them via an assist from Woodrow who had pulled off into the midfield, collected the ball, turned and pinged a ball over the top of the Reading defence for Dembele to run onto and slot home... The same against Marc Wilson or whoever will play for Stoke will be nice.

HatterDon

It pleases me so much to see that I'm not the only one who values young Mr. Woodrow so highly. He is perhaps our most complete striker since McBride. He's not at the level that Mac was when he was with us, but he has everything a good striker needs to have. I'm hoping that, by the end of this season, he'll be our clear #9, and that he'll have that role for five more years at least.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HatterDon on September 04, 2015, 01:48:21 AM
It pleases me so much to see that I'm not the only one who values young Mr. Woodrow so highly. He is perhaps our most complete striker since McBride. He's not at the level that Mac was when he was with us, but he has everything a good striker needs to have. I'm hoping that, by the end of this season, he'll be our clear #9, and that he'll have that role for five more years at least.

Absolutely agree, and I am sure he will fulfil his potential, providing he is given the opportunity.

Never forget your Roots.

Craven Mad

Everyone on here spends so long wishing on one of our youngsters to turn into a superstar that they write off Cauley, despite him being more than capable already.

I love Cauley. I have for years. It's a joke that he's not getting more time, but I respect him for continuing to work hard for his opportunities.

No, I don't think he'll be winning a ballon d'or any time soon, but I think he could help us massively in winning promotion - and that's what I care about.

Blanco

Am I the only one that thinks that Cauley is nothing more than a championship striker? I love his work ethic and like him as a player but I fear he may have peaked.

General

Quote from: Blanco on September 04, 2015, 10:14:58 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that Cauley is nothing more than a championship striker? I love his work ethic and like him as a player but I fear he may have peaked.

I'm sure it's not you, but I have to be honest and admit that in acknowledging you think he's peaked I think he's still got a lot more to offer and I say that confidently.

filham

Let us hope that Woodrow and Dembele continue to develope , by the end of the season they could both become Fulham treasures.

Blanco

Quote from: General on September 04, 2015, 10:24:23 AM
Quote from: Blanco on September 04, 2015, 10:14:58 AM

I'm sure it's not you, but I have to be honest and admit that in acknowledging you think he's peaked I think he's still got a lot more to offer and I say that confidently.

Yeah I actually agree. Saying he's peaked is unfair. He's a young player.

Ordar

The problem we have is that Cauley is a support striker, and we have the best support striker in the division in McCormack. We cant play both in the same team, as neither plays far enough forward.

For all Woodrow's endeavour he's nowhere near prolific enough but hopefully that will come. I personally would have liked to see him loaned out to play regularly this year but obviously given our striker situation that's impossible.

Julius Geezer

Both just need confidence - and games and goals will bring that.

For me Dembelé has the potential and pedigree to go far in the game - probably further than we can take him - but we need to try and tie him down for as long as possible!

I like Woodrow, plays with a good attitude and definitely talented but needs to push on now and not get complacent with his new deal, otherwise I fear he will go backwards down the leagues!