watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lewington talks about the tour and tonights game

Started by Lighthouse, July 28, 2010, 01:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham concluded their pre-season training camp in Sweden with a goalless draw against Malmo on Tuesday evening at the Swedbank Stadion.

Speaking after the match, Ray Lewington gave his reaction to the game.

"This was another very tough game for us tonight, and first and foremost this was a great match between two teams that wanted to get the ball down and play," he said. "It was a very technical encounter with chances at either end – which was ideal for us.

"It was played in a very good spirit and that's what it's all about in friendly matches. Okay we didn't win, but I think we got a lot out of it.

"To be honest we have taken so much from the last 10 days - it's been a fantastic trip for all involved both for the players and the staff.

"We've been lucky enough to use an excellent training camp, with everything we needed to prepare. The players have worked very hard, and I think they are good for the experience.

"As I said last week, they look in top shape and have shown a lot of desire and dedication to be in the best possible condition.

"The standard of opposition has also been very high. We've had two tough games and this was a good result for us tonight considering they [Malmo] are second in their table and half way through a season.

"The younger players like David Stockdale, Matt Saunders and Alex Smith have been brilliant. Stocko has played very well, and Smithy has come in and shown that he has a lot to offer. It's been a learning curve for him, but he's coped very well. It was a shame that Matty picked up an injury, but despite that he's also acquitted himself very well too.

"The spirit is just very high in this group of lads, right from the most senior to those that perhaps do not have the experience of others.

"A few of the boys haven't perhaps played a lot of football for the Club in the last year or so, some have come back in over the summer from various loan spells too. And this has been their opportunity to show what they can do.

"We return to Motspur Park now, with the focus very much on Saturday's trip to Fratton Park to face Portsmouth. That will be another good test for us, as will the last pre-season fixture against Werder Bremen. I have to say at this stage, the squad looks very strong. It's been great preparation for the new campaign.

"For me personally, I've enjoyed the last few weeks as much as the players – they have made life very easy for me. They've been terrific.

"They haven't sulked or complained, they've just got on with the job and remained thoroughly professional, and as a result Mike Kelly, Billy McKinlay and myself have been very grateful.

"They're a smashing bunch and a real pleasure to work with."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/LewingtonMalmoReaction.aspx#ixzz0uvmYhu5U
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Lighthouse

I didn't know if I was reading too much into his last statement?  Was he saying thanks and goodbye or just making a general happy chappy statement? The fact that he mentions the other two coaches. Or are we reading too much into any statement?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope