Main Menu

Can we please, please, please just get shot of Kit Symon's

Started by Wearethewhites, October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 06, 2015, 01:47:30 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 06, 2015, 11:38:26 AM
He'll see out this season.

Love how OTT and unrealistic this board is sometimes. Genuinely makes me laugh.

So, if he has us hovering just above the relegation places again, which is a big possibility based on his current form, you still think that he'll see the season out do you? That's based on your opinion, and woe betide anyone on this Forum that disagrees with you, or they'll be called laughable, unrealistic, or even worse the "C" word over PM. 

You're so boring WATW.

We won't be in a relegation battle. We'll be solidly mid-table and flirting with the playoff places. That should be applauded given the crap he inherited.

As for the rest of your (as ever) overly aggressive nonsense...consider your bait well and truly unsuccessful.

TTFN old boy.

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 06, 2015, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 01:39:09 PM
He has had over a year in charge. More than enough time to get to grips with the job.

He wanted a window where he can build his squad, which he has.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes.

One of the best posts for a long time. The criticism doesn't have to be insulting, personal or a know it all story waffling on as if you know better.

But when put simply and honestly like yours I find it unbelievable anyone can argue with what you've said. The proactive question is absolutely bang on the money. He only reacts during a game after we concede, he never changes things to prevent the goal in the first place.

Very much a cross my fingers and hope type of manager. I never feel like he is in control.

I must say though, I don't want to be associated with the insults from others. No matter how frustrating he is I don't think he deserves that. And let's not allow our frustration to turn into ammunition to those who defend Kit. On both sides there are members that ruin these debates because they portray themselves as smarter or superior to the opposite camp.

I wish more posts analysing Kit were like yours including my own!

I feel the need to weigh in here to try to provide a bit of balance.
I don't think it's "one of the best posts for a long time". It is not really an analysis. It is a list of pertinent questions to which the poster has provided his own, brief, answers. Some of the answers are inaccurate and some are merely opinion.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No. OK. We are not in a promotion place. But promotion is not decided after 10 games.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals. I'd partly agree with this. Set pieces do not seem to have been addressed and late goals may be seen as a problem (we have, including the two on Sunday, conceded four goals after the 80th minute whereas, other than 3 injury time jobs, we haven't scored at all after the 69th minute). But I would argue that we have played with greater width and with (slightly) more pace this year.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No. I'd say 'No', too. But I don't think this is relevant. Personally I find almost all manager's interviews dull, formulaic, uninformative and predictable and would just as soon do without them.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes. I'm not sure about that, so I'll concede this point.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes. Just an opinion - to which, of course, we are all entitled.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together. This is just plain wrong. Goals/subs details for our 10 games:
Cardiff - F. goal 47'
             C.        86'
  Fulham made 1 sub. Moussa for Smith 78'.

Brighton - F. 43'
               B. 30', 94'
    Fulham subs. Kaka for Pringle 62', Moussa for Smith 83'

Hull  - F. 69'
          H. 34', 86'
     Fulham subs. Lonners for Betts and Moussa for Smith 45' INJ, 87' Kaka for Pringle

Huddersfield - F. 94'
                     H. 63'
      Fulham subs Bod for Hutch 10' INJ, Cauley for Kaka 74'

Rotherham  - F. 7', 16', 93'
                    R. 72'
       Fulham subs. Cauley for Moussa 76', LVC for Ross 82', Kaka for Pringle (so he could get an ovation)

Blackburn -   F. 4', 30'
                   B.  68'
       Fulham subs. Fred for Pringle 62', Burn for Husband 89'

Sheffield W - F. 31', 67'
                    S. 13', 37', 50'
       Fulham subs. Burn for Pringle 46', LVC for Husband 57', Cauley for Moussa 62'

QPR  -  F. 2', 19', 31', 63'
        Fulham subs. LVC for O'Hara 65', Cauley for Moussa 76', 77' Voser for Fred

Wolves - W. 56', 59', 78'
         Fulham subs. LVC for Pringle 60', Voser for Fred 75', Matilla for O'Hara

Charlton - F. 32', 59'
               C. 81', 96'
          Fulham subs. Garbutt for Pringle 60', Cauley for Dembele 75', Matilla for O'Hara 90

There actually seems to be a deal of consistency about the subs which, apart from Sunday's retrospective disaster of bringing off O'Hara, seem reasonably sensible. Pringle gets subbed a lot does't he? Cauley for Dembele seems a reasonable plan (which has worked twice).

Incidentally, on the 'proactive' front I can't, at this moment, see how it could be proved that a substitution had prevented a goal which, by definition, has not been scored!

J.Perkins

Quote from: cmg on October 06, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 06, 2015, 03:56:53 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 01:39:09 PM
He has had over a year in charge. More than enough time to get to grips with the job.

He wanted a window where he can build his squad, which he has.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes.

One of the best posts for a long time. The criticism doesn't have to be insulting, personal or a know it all story waffling on as if you know better.

But when put simply and honestly like yours I find it unbelievable anyone can argue with what you've said. The proactive question is absolutely bang on the money. He only reacts during a game after we concede, he never changes things to prevent the goal in the first place.

Very much a cross my fingers and hope type of manager. I never feel like he is in control.

I must say though, I don't want to be associated with the insults from others. No matter how frustrating he is I don't think he deserves that. And let's not allow our frustration to turn into ammunition to those who defend Kit. On both sides there are members that ruin these debates because they portray themselves as smarter or superior to the opposite camp.

I wish more posts analysing Kit were like yours including my own!

I feel the need to weigh in here to try to provide a bit of balance.
I don't think it's "one of the best posts for a long time". It is not really an analysis. It is a list of pertinent questions to which the poster has provided his own, brief, answers. Some of the answers are inaccurate and some are merely opinion.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No. OK. We are not in a promotion place. But promotion is not decided after 10 games.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals. I'd partly agree with this. Set pieces do not seem to have been addressed and late goals may be seen as a problem (we have, including the two on Sunday, conceded four goals after the 80th minute whereas, other than 3 injury time jobs, we haven't scored at all after the 69th minute). But I would argue that we have played with greater width and with (slightly) more pace this year.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No. I'd say 'No', too. But I don't think this is relevant. Personally I find almost all manager's interviews dull, formulaic, uninformative and predictable and would just as soon do without them.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes. I'm not sure about that, so I'll concede this point.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes. Just an opinion - to which, of course, we are all entitled.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together. This is just plain wrong. Goals/subs details for our 10 games:
Cardiff - F. goal 47'
             C.        86'

Brighton - F. 43'
               B. 30', 94'

Hull  - F. 69'
          H. 34', 86'
     Fulham subs. Lonners for Betts and Moussa for Smith 45' INJ, 87' Kaka for Pringle

Huddersfield - F. 94'
                     H. 63'

R. 72'
       Fulham subs. Cauley for Moussa 76', LVC for Ross 82', Kaka for Pringle (so he could get an ovation)

Blackburn -   F. 4', 30'
                   B.  68'

S. 13', 37', 50'

Charlton - F. 32', 59'
               C. 81', 96'
          Fulham subs. Garbutt for Pringle 60', Cauley for Dembele 75', Matilla for O'Hara 90

There actually seems to be a deal of consistency about the subs which, apart from Sunday's retrospective disaster of bringing off O'Hara, seem reasonably sensible. Pringle gets subbed a lot does't he? Cauley for Dembele seems a reasonable plan (which has worked twice).

Incidentally, on the 'proactive' front I can't, at this moment, see how it could be proved that a substitution had prevented a goal which, by definition, has not been scored!

I do understand your perspective, everyone's thoughts will differ slightly.

cmg

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 06:02:32 PM

0001.jpeg
:plus one:

After all, it would be boring if everybody was right thought like me!

Baszab

f321ffc

[/quote]

You're so boring WATW.

We won't be in a relegation battle. We'll be solidly mid-table and flirting with the playoff places. That should be applauded given the crap he inherited.

As for the rest of your (as ever) overly aggressive nonsense...consider your bait well and truly unsuccessful.

TTFN old boy.

[/quote]

I remember back in February on a similar thread  i said that we were in for a relegation battle due to Kits poor management, i was  shot down by a poster telling me i knew nothing because we most definitely would  be nowhere near a relegation battle, i think i was proved  right.
Kit has got his team now , nothing to do with the crap he in herited and although i dont see us in the bottom three i cant see us any higher than bottom third of the table while he is manager, oh how i would love to be proved wrong and with this squad i should be but as i say not with this manager.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

alexmur

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM
This isn't knee-jerk, I've just absolutely had a bloody gut full now, and I'm pretty sure others have to. This isn't a coincidence any more, this is down to man management / coaching issues, and how it's allowed to continue, is bloody beyond me. Please can we get a competent manager in who can perform the the basics like defending corners, set pieces and see games out at 90+6 minutes.

We are going NO WHERE under Kit Symon's, this season is another absolute waste.

Please remove him.     
I think you speak for alot of us there

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: cmg on October 06, 2015, 06:11:02 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 06:02:32 PM

0001.jpeg
:plus one:

After all, it would be boring if everybody was right thought like me!

Ok fair enough about the subs but just like Charlton it appears we have lost a lot of points after he has changed things. So he either doesn't change it until it's too late like Wolves where he waited until Wolves finally broke us down to make a much needed change with 10 men. Or he makes a change and we get worse. Not to the extreme of Charlton but Cardiff, Hull, Brighton, Blackburn, Rotherham we either dropped points or put pressure on ourselves.

The only game he deserves a lot of praise tactically was Stoke and I praised him after that game.  He made changes and we finished much stronger. I won't even count that as a loss as I was so proud of them.

I actually liked this post because it was so simple, a question followed by an answer. Rather than really disecting every little detail and making me read a story. To me you either still like him or you don't rate him, no amount of expert analysis will change that. We all see things as individuals.

Good to have balance though, that's what a forum is for
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on October 06, 2015, 11:59:40 AM
Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season...

I don't accept this at all.

Last season, we finished above both Brighton and Reading.

As of this moment in time, both of these clubs can be said to be 'chasing promotion'. Indeed, had we appointed either Hughton (my personal choice) or Clarke, what is there to suggest that either manager would not be able to have the same impact here as he is now having with his current club?

NewYorkYank

I seem to recall Jimmy Bullard, years ago, making headlines by declaring that his Hull team fighting relegation had the talent to challenge for a European spot.  Although universally derided, he made a valid point:  that Roy had taken a similarly relegation challenged team to the Europa League finals without any major change to the lineup.  If Fulham could do it, why not Hull?

Roy's blueprint was simple: an unwavering focus on organization and defense.  Initially, it was boring, but from the outset, one could see Roy had a plan, and he stuck to it.  I have been recently reminded of this turnaround by a team executing a similar turnaround in the Bundesliga, Hertha Berlin.  For much of last year, Hertha was just above, or in the relegation zone.  They were in the relegation zone when its manager was fired, to be replaced by the coach of the Hungarian national team.  Hertha turned it around in the same way as Roy with organizzation and discipline.  The soccer, initially was dire, almost unwatchable, but the team's commitment to organization and defense kept Hertha in the top flight.

This year, Hertha is in fourth place, with virtually the same line-up.  There are no thoroughbreds in the team, just a group of plowhorses who play as a collective in an organized and disciplined manner  The focus is still on defense, but as with Roy, confidence in defense has loosened up the offense.  The difference between this year and last can be laid entirely to the manager.

My point is obvious: a good manager makes a difference.  Now for those who defend Kit, do you think he is making a difference, that he is getting the best out of this team?  And if you think he is, answer two questions:   do you see any plan, and do you see a team that plays with a will, with discipline, and, most importantly, with focus?  Or do you see a team that has no discernible plan, and one that constantly shoots itself in the foot with individual and team errors, and gives up way too many preventable goals?  As an old coach of mine used to say, one can never completely eliminate physical errors; one is limited by the talent with which he was born.  But there is no excuse for mental errors; they can be eliminated. Fulham's failure to do so is down to the manager.

Before Fulham can start to earn points consistently, it has to stop giving them away.  Unfortunately, I see no evidence of that happening under Kit.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: NewYorkYank on October 06, 2015, 09:11:25 PM
I seem to recall Jimmy Bullard, years ago, making headlines by declaring that his Hull team fighting relegation had the talent to challenge for a European spot.  Although universally derided, he made a valid point:  that Roy had taken a similarly relegation challenged team to the Europa League finals without any major change to the lineup.  If Fulham could do it, why not Hull?

Roy's blueprint was simple: an unwavering focus on organization and defense.  Initially, it was boring, but from the outset, one could see Roy had a plan, and he stuck to it.  I have been recently reminded of this turnaround by a team executing a similar turnaround in the Bundesliga, Hertha Berlin.  For much of last year, Hertha was just above, or in the relegation zone.  They were in the relegation zone when its manager was fired, to be replaced by the coach of the Hungarian national team.  Hertha turned it around in the same way as Roy with organizzation and discipline.  The soccer, initially was dire, almost unwatchable, but the team's commitment to organization and defense kept Hertha in the top flight.

This year, Hertha is in fourth place, with virtually the same line-up.  There are no thoroughbreds in the team, just a group of plowhorses who play as a collective in an organized and disciplined manner  The focus is still on defense, but as with Roy, confidence in defense has loosened up the offense.  The difference between this year and last can be laid entirely to the manager.

My point is obvious: a good manager makes a difference.  Now for those who defend Kit, do you think he is making a difference, that he is getting the best out of this team?  And if you think he is, answer two questions:   do you see any plan, and do you see a team that plays with a will, with discipline, and, most importantly, with focus?  Or do you see a team that has no discernible plan, and one that constantly shoots itself in the foot with individual and team errors, and gives up way too many preventable goals?  As an old coach of mine used to say, one can never completely eliminate physical errors; one is limited by the talent with which he was born.  But there is no excuse for mental errors; they can be eliminated. Fulham's failure to do so is down to the manager.

Before Fulham can start to earn points consistently, it has to stop giving them away.  Unfortunately, I see no evidence of that happening under Kit.

Superb post, although I expect Wimbledone_White will have something to say about this. It's far to accurate, level headed, and carrys a great opinion about our current situation. Please post again soon..

hovewhite

This year I have enjoyed the football produced under kit,maybe he lacks expierence of cloSing a game out,but I'm enjoying it nevertheless.

YoungsBitter

Cardiff - F. goal 47'
             C.        86'

Brighton - F. 43'
               B. 30', 94'

Hull  - F. 69'
          H. 34', 86'

Huddersfield - F. 94'
                     H. 63'

R. 72'

Blackburn -   F. 4', 30'
                   B.  68'

S. 13', 37', 50'

Charlton - F. 32', 59'
               C. 81', 96'

[/quote]
My issue with the subs is that they are generally ineffective and do not change the game, at least for the positive, wheras opponents regularly change their approach 2nd half and we struggle with good old Plan A.
I do not think subbing Moussa for Cawley works. They are different players and Moussa is a solid target man, when he goes off we lose an outlet as Cawley cant win balls in the air against a strong CB. There have been at least 4 games when McCormack is struggling to contribute and we would have been better subbing him for Cawley, as they are similar players.
Twice he has subbed Pringle for a back playing in front of another back.
He has yet to bring on Matila/Hindeman/LVC and shore up midfield when we are being overrun in the middle ( eg vs Wolves), again why not Moussa or McCormack off in those situations? its always the predictable Pringle at minute 60 for left mid or left back, Moussa at minute 75 for Woodrow.
Taking O'Hara off last weekend was so poorly judged.
I just get frustrated that it almost looks like he literally has no Plan B, just shuffling the parts of Plan A.
I also do not get the time wasting at 80 minutes, I get it at 2 minutes into extra time to take the ball into the corner or do a short corner, i have been embarrassed to see us do that with 10 minutes left. If that is what Kit sees as "seeing out the game" we are in trouble.
I agree the confidence stuff is just personal taste and this is early days but I generally side with the complete sentiment of this post. If we armchair warriors think that I really worry what the players think, especially the older pros like O'Hara, Stearman, Ream, McCormack who have played for many different managers.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 06, 2015, 10:37:25 PM
Quote from: NewYorkYank on October 06, 2015, 09:11:25 PM
I seem to recall Jimmy Bullard, years ago, making headlines by declaring that his Hull team fighting relegation had the talent to challenge for a European spot.  Although universally derided, he made a valid point:  that Roy had taken a similarly relegation challenged team to the Europa League finals without any major change to the lineup.  If Fulham could do it, why not Hull?

Roy's blueprint was simple: an unwavering focus on organization and defense.  Initially, it was boring, but from the outset, one could see Roy had a plan, and he stuck to it.  I have been recently reminded of this turnaround by a team executing a similar turnaround in the Bundesliga, Hertha Berlin.  For much of last year, Hertha was just above, or in the relegation zone.  They were in the relegation zone when its manager was fired, to be replaced by the coach of the Hungarian national team.  Hertha turned it around in the same way as Roy with organizzation and discipline.  The soccer, initially was dire, almost unwatchable, but the team's commitment to organization and defense kept Hertha in the top flight.

This year, Hertha is in fourth place, with virtually the same line-up.  There are no thoroughbreds in the team, just a group of plowhorses who play as a collective in an organized and disciplined manner  The focus is still on defense, but as with Roy, confidence in defense has loosened up the offense.  The difference between this year and last can be laid entirely to the manager.

My point is obvious: a good manager makes a difference.  Now for those who defend Kit, do you think he is making a difference, that he is getting the best out of this team?  And if you think he is, answer two questions:   do you see any plan, and do you see a team that plays with a will, with discipline, and, most importantly, with focus?  Or do you see a team that has no discernible plan, and one that constantly shoots itself in the foot with individual and team errors, and gives up way too many preventable goals?  As an old coach of mine used to say, one can never completely eliminate physical errors; one is limited by the talent with which he was born.  But there is no excuse for mental errors; they can be eliminated. Fulham's failure to do so is down to the manager.

Superb post, although I expect Wimbledone_White will have something to say about this. It's far to accurate, level headed, and carrys a great opinion about our current situation. Please post again soon..

OMG you're obsessed with me WATW. On the contrary I think it is a very interesting post.

It seems you think I believe Kit is some sort of world beater; allow me to be clear - I understand Kit's deficiencies. However I believe, given he has an almost entirely new starting 11 this season, he deserves more time in order to make them gel and deliver.

Personally, I wiped the slate clean at the end of the last season. I recognised the squad was nowhere near as good as people thought and needed a complete overhaul. I applaud Rigg and Kit for delivering the overhaul.

I try to be a reasonable and realistic as possible. There is nothing worse in football than deluded fans who think they are due something ahead of due course of time. For me, it would be deluded of us to think that an entire new squad can produce instant results, that they won't make mistakes (Kit included) and that they should be fighting for automatic promotion in their first year together.

12 new players...12.
No one would be able to generate instant results. Every manager would need time.

This squad is improved and improving and, once we have the human errors minimised, we will see us go up the table and fight for the play-offs. 

I personally believe we are consolidating this season and will push on for promotion this time next year.

Bradstow

Quote from: Twig on October 04, 2015, 02:09:41 PM
Please can you respect him sufficiently to spell his name correctly?

Oh yes, the correct spelling is CRAP isn't it.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on October 04, 2015, 02:16:33 PM
just don't see how the manager could be blamed for that in a million years - lack of discipline and concentration by quite a few players

Time you got a pair of glasses then
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: PokerMatt on October 04, 2015, 02:36:03 PM
Quote from: Baszab on October 04, 2015, 02:16:33 PM
just don't see how the manager could be blamed for that in a million years - lack of discipline and concentration by quite a few players

Because it's every game. No matter who the players are. I'd like to see how many goals overall we've conceded from set plays - I'd be willing to bet it's twice as many as the next highest. That's down to coaching.

We consistently concede late goals and set pieces. Surely a management problem. The team is good enough to be top 6 but we the manager isn't.

alexmur

I saw a post on here a while back that made alot of valid points why we should wait till November to see what kit can get out of this team. if we are not in the top 10 by then I will be relentless on my kit out view, I strongly believe in the team we have and it's time for kit to shjt or get off the pot

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nero

I always think a good view point of a manager is would want him at your club? So if Kit wasn't at Fulham and Joe Bloggs was and you wanted to push for promotion would you be thinking I hope we can get that Kit Symons.

I think most people answer would be no based on performances and tactical issues, hes contracts up at the end of the season and the performances at the moment wouldn't suggest a renewal, cut the rope and set him adrift lets get a man in with experience and guile.

This is the Championship we should be pushing for the top not be happy we are sitting mid table I don't care how many players we have had in over the summer.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Nero on October 07, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
I always think a good view point of a manager is would want him at your club? So if Kit wasn't at Fulham and Joe Bloggs was and you wanted to push for promotion would you be thinking I hope we can get that Kit Symons.

I think most people answer would be no based on performances and tactical issues, hes contracts up at the end of the season and the performances at the moment wouldn't suggest a renewal, cut the rope and set him adrift lets get a man in with experience and guile.

This is the Championship we should be pushing for the top not be happy we are sitting mid table I don't care how many players we have had in over the summer.

While I agree with your view and conclusion your premise is flawed.  Beeing a "Fulham" man matters to exclusively Fulham therefore Bristol City, Wolves or Debry County would not be as interested in Kit Symons as us.

But the general view is with Symons it will take longer to get to where we wish to be, that is, in contention to get promoted to the PL.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"