News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr: Anyone in the motor trade out there?

Started by win-dup, October 04, 2015, 08:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Just to cheer you all up, I'm buying a new car, either a VW Tiguan or a Hyundai Tucson.

Both are around £32000 and as I am in the fortunate position of being able to pay cash, how much should I be looking to pay?

Many thanks

One Martin Thomas

Good Lord. If I had £32000 to spend on a car I would not be buying either of those ! Got to be something better out there for that?

fulhamben

I wouldn't buy a vw at the moment. They could get sued into non existence within the next year. And your choice in cars sucks. Do you really need a big 4 by 4 cos you can buy a hell of a lot of car if you buy one 6 to 12 months old for that money
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

win-dup

Quote from: Nero on October 04, 2015, 09:50:34 PM
£32000
haha! Most helpful thank you.  I've never yet bought a car without feeling I've been totally swindled. 

Woolly Mammoth

Now is the time to invest in a Horse and Cart, and a Shovel.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2015, 09:44:51 PM
I wouldn't buy a vw at the moment. They could get sued into non existence within the next year. And your choice in cars sucks. Do you really need a big 4 by 4 cos you can buy a hell of a lot of car if you buy one 6 to 12 months old for that money

The need for the big 4x4 is usually to give the wife street cred on the school run with the six year old just visible on the back seat.

Northern Cottager

I'm in Marketing for a car dealership in Blackburn. I'm sure for £32k you can get something much better for your money. Opt for something 6-12 months old, the big depreciation cost is missed then. You'll also have substantial warranty on it, probably low miles and your MOT won't be due for 2 years at least.

Burt

I am not in the motor trade, but do NOT buy new. As soon as you have got the car off the forecourt it will have depreciated. Go for something 12-24 months old.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 05, 2015, 11:44:16 AM
I once bought a brand new car, drove it off the forecourt, and about a mile down the road, sustained a puncture on my near side front wheel.
Fortunately for me, the tyre was only flat at the bottom.

That did make me chuckle!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

win-dup

Thanks for your replies, amusing, critical of my choice of car or serious advice.

It's really not a Chelsea Tractor job - I just like the smaller SUV's and do genuinely need 4WD sometimes.

Know what you're saying about depreciation but there's really nothing like taking delivery of a car with 25 miles on the clock and (with any luck) perfect.

Andy S

Yes but then you are frightened to take it to the local supermarket in case somebody touches it with a trolley. 

f321ffc

Ben do you think VW are the only car company at it? i saw a report on a news programme that tested emissions on  a VW Golf and a Ford Fiesta, the VW`s test figures were about 4 time more than VW claimed the Ford figures were  about 9 times that claimed, i would put money on  it that most if not all manufacturers are at it .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

Quote from: f321ffc on October 05, 2015, 03:41:09 PM
Ben do you think VW are the only car company at it? i saw a report on a news programme that tested emissions on  a VW Golf and a Ford Fiesta, the VW`s test figures were about 4 time more than VW claimed the Ford figures were  about 9 times that claimed, i would put money on  it that most if not all manufacturers are at it .

and they will get hammered in the courts. This will cost billions and will put people off buying them in the near future. Just because they are all at it, doesn't mean they will get away with it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: win-dup on October 04, 2015, 08:10:39 PM
Just to cheer you all up, I'm buying a new car, either a VW Tiguan or a Hyundai Tucson.

Both are around £32000 and as I am in the fortunate position of being able to pay cash, how much should I be looking to pay?

Many thanks

You're lucky, I bought some milk the other day but I was in the fortunate position of paying cash.

For $50K over here you can buy a 3 bedroom house in a rural area.
http://www.cbsnews.com/media/homes-what-you-can-buy-for-50000-or-less

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

H4usuallysitting

I understand that new emission standards are coming in, in 2018..... So maybe this should be taken into consideration

BigbadBillyMcKinley

To be far, you could get a brand new VW and have about £30,000 in the bank.

On that subject though, it's funny how none of the other makers have come out and condoned VWs behaviour. Meaning they're all at it. Big money!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Steven Ageroad

£32,000cash?, Why don't you look at leasing (called PCP) a car for 3-4 years, put a small deposit down and pay the balance over 36-48 months, leaves you with lots of money to spend on other things. At the end of the lease period you have 3 options, let a dealer explain it to you. .
By the way, I'm picking my new VW up on Friday, looking forward to it, it's petrol and I'm leasing it.

OdecaMynoT

Get y'erself a new Ford Pubic.

They're made out of old Corsairs.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Steven Ageroad

Win-dup, forgot to mention "What Car" magazine, list every car on sale, tells you what are good cars and bad cars and even tells you what sort of price you should be paying for the car you choose, well worth buying it can save you money in the end.