more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Speak up

Started by bobbo, October 05, 2015, 10:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Mr Rigg, Mr curbishly and Mr Mackintosh,

Come on one of you or all three of you, you must read some of these posts and other less polite forums,
I personally think it's disrespectful of you not no make some responses or comments to what you MUST be reading from our fans. To remain silent is rude.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Do you really believe they look at the forums?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

God save us from any management team and board who would play the slightest attention to the looney ravings that predominate on football fora around England. Trust me, I've read dozens of sites for dozens of clubs and the loudest angriest critics are usually those who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

The day Fulham decides to make its decisions on what they read on fan forums is the day that we're headed directly to the Conference.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

H4usuallysitting

Mike "David Brent" Rigg - will just spout his usual management speak......maybe we could get him to do the dance

Asotosyios

Quote from: HatterDon on October 05, 2015, 11:39:22 PM
God save us from any management team and board who would play the slightest attention to the looney ravings that predominate on football fora around England. Trust me, I've read dozens of sites for dozens of clubs and the loudest angriest critics are usually those who haven't a clue what they're talking about.

The day Fulham decides to make its decisions on what they read on fan forums is the day that we're headed directly to the Conference.

Agree 100%

JDH101

Quote from: Asotosyios on October 06, 2015, 12:23:12 AM

Agree 100%

I feel like this is what they did when they hired Kit. They gave the fans what they wanted. Sadly.

Logicalman

Quote from: bobbo on October 05, 2015, 10:03:14 PM
Mr Rigg, Mr curbishly and Mr Mackintosh,

Come on one of you or all three of you, you must read some of these posts and other less polite forums,
I personally think it's disrespectful of you not no make some responses or comments to what you MUST be reading from our fans. To remain silent is rude.

I can understand your frustration, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Yes, there are people from the club that read these forums, and I have little doubt some tensions are mentioned at MS, but to think they have any responsibility to actual make a public statement, or to let the rantings of a small minority of the fan base actual influence their decisions is, unfortunately, unfortunate.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hovewhite

Forums are not important to these people.

valdeingruo

Its not that the forums aren't important to the board, its that its not their place to make public comments regarding such things. Even if we were at a public meeting the questions would be deflected with the usual PR stuff. No club would want its inner workings revealed. What you are asking for is an internal matter and I for one would like it to be kept that way. There is less chance for embarrassment that way. In addition, any press release would be met with "Its just the usual PR"

Could there be better correspondence between the Club and it supporters? Definitely, its frustrating to be so emotionally invested in something that seems to go only one way. You can see the club is trying to improve in that regard with the prematch show and the improved graphics for matches. Ideally the club would set up something like Manchester City, the Bundesliga and even the MLS has. If we were to put forth a constructive plan asking for something as such, maybe we could get a bit of a reconnection with the Club once more.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

alfie

There are some people on this forum that say we should get a player based on his electronic game ratings, never actually seen the player concerned kick a ball in anger.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mikestrand

They would ignore supporters at their own peril, I would presume their noticing the growing number of empty seats!
Quote from: alfie on October 06, 2015, 03:16:29 PM

There are some people on this forum that say we should get a player based on his electronic game ratings, never actually seen the player concerned kick a ball in anger.

and a large proportion of the stick with Kit brigade don't actually go to games.

Logicalman

Quote from: mikestrand on October 06, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
They would ignore supporters at their own peril, I would presume their noticing the growing number of empty seats!

and a large proportion of the stick with Kit brigade don't actually go to games.

really? Prove it!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

mikestrand

Quote from: Logicalman on October 06, 2015, 05:13:31 PM

really? Prove it!
Just my opinion based on where their posting from, their entitled to their opinions of course, but the paying supporters are starting to vote with their feet which is usually a good indication that all is not well.

Lighthouse

We back Kit Symons and his clear vision for the future of the club.

Will that do?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Obviously I can not speak for all 14,000 or so supporters that still go every home game and the away support. But I can honestly say I have not met a single person at a game since around April that was a Kit Symons fan or thought he deserves more time. They were either putting up with him because they just accepted he wasn't going anywhere in the summer  or they don't want him as manager. And I will talk to anyone at a fulham game lol. I've probably met a lot of our members without even realising.

I will be gobsmacked if more than 5% of the following at Charlton want him in. So I agree with Mike that it appears his support tends to come from those on forums who possibly don't go anymore for whatever reason, rather than those who see it in the flesh. His body language is very depressing for someone so proud to have his dream job.

But I can't prove this with statistics, after all if we do a survey a lot of the old boys who go to the Cottage probably don't even know how to turn on a computer let alone contribute to a forum like ours.

Edit- sorry Tony! Didn't realise it was you challenging it lol. And that excludes fof members I've met at meet ups. Can't say Kit has come up in conversation with everyone for me to know, believe it or not lol!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Arthur

Quote from: andersons11 on October 06, 2015, 02:29:18 PM
Its not that the forums aren't important to the board, its that its not their place to make public comments regarding such things. Even if we were at a public meeting the questions would be deflected with the usual PR stuff. No club would want its inner workings revealed.

I agree entirely.

From one of the Club's video clips that went out in the summer, it was apparent that dismissing Symons at the end of last season had been considered. To imagine that the Club are indifferent to fans' frustrations requires a lack of understanding; as another contributor to this post has pointed out, nothing sharpens the focus of those who have sway in the hire-and-fire process than a decline in attendances - and ours will fall further if we continue to labour in the lower-half of the league.

The Club will be acutely aware of the margin between giving Kit a fair chance and bringing in a new manager while there remains the possibility that we can muster a challenge for the top six.

RaySmith

But who/where is this saviour who will come riding to the rescue on his white charger?

Arthur

Quote from: RaySmith on October 06, 2015, 08:04:16 PM
But who/where is this saviour who will come riding to the rescue on his white charger?

To point out the obvious: The Club has to dismiss Kit first and then we find out who is to be entrusted.

Baszab

If anyone here thinks that the main chaps at FFC, KS, Rigg, AM etc read all the tosh on this board then you are sadly mistaken, most people in the game don't even read the sports pages at all - maybe Sky Sports News occasionally.............however those in the media at FFC will read and do pass on general sentiments to those in power

HatterDon

Quote from: mikestrand on October 06, 2015, 05:43:49 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 06, 2015, 05:13:31 PM

really? Prove it!
Just my opinion based on where their posting from, their entitled to their opinions of course, but the paying supporters are starting to vote with their feet which is usually a good indication that all is not well.

I think the people "voting with their feet" have moved on NOT because of Kit, but because they want to watch Premier League football.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel