f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

alexbishop

we need our Jean Tigana moment now...!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

dannyboi-ffc

My favourite too! The football was breathtaking and he was not only responsible for such an amazing promotion but he also signed some memorable players in the prem era for us to enjoy even after he'd left. Steed! Van Der Sar, Leggy and Goma. Plus the Intertoto of course.

Just remembering him and his team brings a smile to my face. I remember being at Anfield and the boos and calls for Tigana's head. We were 15th according to that article when he was sacked. I don't regret it because it worked out in the end, Cookie with victories over Chelsea and Old Trafford and then of course Woy.

But when I think back, other than Marlet and half a season where the exciting flowing football went a bit stale, we over reacted. Crazy really but I doubt any fulham fan has a bad word to say about him.

Thanks for the memories Tigs!!!!! Welcome back anytime........maybe even as Kits replacement. And make Kit his number two! It'll never happen!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 06, 2015, 04:15:13 PM
My favourite too! The football was breathtaking and he was not only responsible for such an amazing promotion but he also signed some memorable players in the prem era for us to enjoy even after he'd left. Steed! Van Der Sar, Leggy and Goma. Plus the Intertoto of course.

Just remembering him and his team brings a smile to my face. I remember being at Anfield and the boos and calls for Tigana's head. We were 15th according to that article when he was sacked. I don't regret it because it worked out in the end, Cookie with victories over Chelsea and Old Trafford and then of course Woy.

But when I think back, other than Marlet and half a season where the exciting flowing football went a bit stale, we over reacted. Crazy really but I doubt any fulham fan has a bad word to say about him.

Thanks for the memories Tigs!!!!! Welcome back anytime........maybe even as Kits replacement. And make Kit his number two! It'll never happen!
Good job that is all in the past , the over reacting! :hook:

Ordar

If we'd bought John Carew instead of Marlet.....

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on October 06, 2015, 04:20:14 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 06, 2015, 04:15:13 PM

Good job that is all in the past , the over reacting! :hook:

Lol it will never change! Football fans are born to over react.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

Agree - he was a definite hit. Some of the football we played under him was the best I have seen.

Interestingly I think there are parallels with the way Eddie Howe has set Bournemouth up to play. They are also a great side to watch.

Kent Cassandra

It seems to me that football has changed a lot since those days. In the championship Sasha, Barry and Boa scored 63 goals between them. In an attacking sense we were a huge cut above, I don't't think we would get away with that kind of set up in this championship.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.