more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

only 10 gamed played.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 06, 2015, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Ladies and Gents,

I have not been able to follow this season as avidly as I'd have liked due to my line of work and where I am at the current time.
I have not been able to regularly watch or listen to matches at all, and will not be able until January, however, with the few times I've jumped on here and read your fine discussions I have noticed that Kit Out has become a consistent theme yet again. 10 games played, 12 points, 10 points off 1st and 6 points off 6th- 3rd positions...is it really bad enough for a sacking? We are in the midst of a marathon, not a sprint, and I can see us climbing the table and be seriousness playoff candidates that cement a top 6 spot from 01 January 2016 onwards. I could well be wrong and my judgement misguided...but I don't know if Kit is really worth the sack right now, nor is it the right decision. Please enlighten me because in all serious it's been hard to keep up with my work schedule getting in the way and being in a totally different timezone.

Mike  
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

PokerMatt

It's not just 10 games though.

We were seeing the same problems with poor or no substitutions, late goals against, inability to defend set pieces, being outplayed for long stretches, calamitous defending last season too.

Now 10 games into a new season (he had almost all of last) and can anyone say we've improved on any of the above areas?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

f321ffc

Quote from: maoconnor on October 06, 2015, 06:46:17 PM
Ladies and Gents,

I have not been able to follow this season as avidly as I'd have liked due to my line of work and where I am at the current time.
I have not been able to regularly watch or listen to matches at all, and will not be able until January, however, with the few times I've jumped on here and read your fine discussions I have noticed that Kit Out has become a consistent theme yet again. 10 games played, 12 points, 10 points off 1st and 6 points off 6th- 3rd positions...is it really bad enough for a sacking? We are in the midst of a marathon, not a sprint, and I can see us climbing the table and be seriousness playoff candidates that cement a top 6 spot from 01 January 2016 onwards. I could well be wrong and my judgement misguided...but I don't know if Kit is really worth the sack right now, nor is it the right decision. Please enlighten me because in all serious it's been hard to keep up with my work schedule getting in the way and being in a totally different timezone.

Mike 
Sorry Mike but if you had seen even half the games then i feel you would be just as disappointed  as  many on here, Kit has his team now and this squad should be good enough to be easily in the top six, i fully expect to be bottom six after the next six games unless Kit is gone.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

H4usuallysitting

10 games, but only 3 wins......we're closer to the bottom 3, than the top 6

Carborundum

Mike,

Isn't it amazing how far away and fully occupied you can be.....and yet.....football back home never quite goes completely off the radar screen.  Hope work and foreign climes are treating you well.  Was in a similar position once, back in pre Internet days when BBC World Service, the UK papers weekly editions and some expat mates were my lifelines.  Still, it freed up some time to meet Mrs Carborundum, so it wasn't all bad!

The troubles we are having are mostly down to the grown adults on the pitch and the need for them to develop understanding and confidence in each other very quickly. Right now they are bang average, which is either a travesty if you bought a season ticket on the promise of a top 6 objective, a triumph if you compare them to last year or, realistically, somewhere in between.

Kit's matchday decisions have ranged from shrewd to misguided.  He's no Svengali figure, but he does seem a reasonable judge of a player.  Howls of protest at subs that with hindsight go wrong.  But you won't hear much criticism of his starting XI choices on here or of the choice of players we bought with, presumably, some input from him.

There's no doubt he's drawing some flack on here.  Hopefully the players aren't placing too much stock by it because they need to appreciate that the responsibility for kicking this season on towards success lies in their hands.  Well, feet and heads actually.

nose

i suspect the long term inmates have seen it all before and the end is inevitable for KIt.
Give him a game or two more by all means but I doubt he will make it to christmas, there are far too many avoidable descisions being made.
we played well against QPR BUT the next two games were littered with same old errors.
i will not list them again

the kit out party, which strangely I am not quite in, even though occasionally I seem to be, is far too hysterical in blaming everything on him. however for me, i cannot see sufficent signs of going forward, we need somebody with more imagination and a bit of fire in their belly.

if we win at boro, keep a clean sheet and perform well.... who knows, but I feel sure we will be nowhere near top 6 come the end of season if we keep our current manager.

dannyboi-ffc

I genuinely thought we were amazing Nose, against qpr that is. But after watching the way Wolves pressured us and closed us down I quickly realised that qpr allowed us to play. They made it very easy and when you score within a few seconds of kickoff it always helps. Had they taken their chance to make it 1-1 it could've been so different and a test of Kit's abilities but they didn't.  He deserves credit for such an emphatic win but I have my doubts as to how much was down to tactical genius.

Ironically I feel Kit's best performance was vs Stoke.  We may have lost but after a poor first half He made changes not many would've made and tactically it transformed the game.  We were superb and so unlucky not to win let alone draw. See I'm not all anti Kit, I do see good in him sometimes and praise it but it happens fair too little to have faith in him. He's done well to steady the sinking Magath ship but he has reached his ceiling just like Adkins did with Saints and remember how harsh that looked? You don't have to be bottom to deserve sacking. I'd be more inclined to say if matches ended at 80 mins we would have 17 points instead of 12. Why is that?  Especially after Kit was so confident of a strong pre season and everyone working hard on fitness. Why did Ross turn up overweight vs Cardiff? How and why was that allowed with all the science and doctors involved in the game? Imo it made Kit's confident interview about fitness in July look ridiculous and I question the discipline.

I think we have reached the Adkins stage now where it doesn't matter where we are in the league. Long term Kit isn't capable of that next step. He kept us up and has turned us into a squad with playoff potential but we aren't a playoff team and a better manager would hopefully change that.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 06, 2015, 08:41:15 PM
I genuinely thought we were amazing Nose, against qpr that is. But after watching the way Wolves pressured us and closed us down I quickly realised that qpr allowed us to play. They made it very easy and when you score within a few seconds of kickoff it always helps. Had they taken their chance to make it 1-1 it could've been so different and a test of Kit's abilities but they didn't.  He deserves credit for such an emphatic win but I have my doubts as to how much was down to tactical genius.

Ironically I feel Kit's best performance was vs Stoke.  We may have lost but after a poor first half He made changes not many would've made and tactically it transformed the game.  We were superb and so unlucky not to win let alone draw. See I'm not all anti Kit, I do see good in him sometimes and praise it but it happens fair too little to have faith in him. He's done well to steady the sinking Magath ship but he has reached his ceiling just like Adkins did with Saints and remember how harsh that looked? You don't have to be bottom to deserve sacking. I'd be more inclined to say if matches ended at 80 mins we would have 17 points instead of 12. Why is that?  Especially after Kit was so confident of a strong pre season and everyone working hard on fitness. Why did Ross turn up overweight vs Cardiff? How and why was that allowed with all the science and doctors involved in the game? Imo it made Kit's confident interview about fitness in July look ridiculous and I question the discipline.

I think we have reached the Adkins stage now where it doesn't matter where we are in the league. Long term Kit isn't capable of that next step. He kept us up and has turned us into a squad with playoff potential but we aren't a playoff team and a better manager would hopefully change that.

i actually do not think kit has moved us forward, he has a bit better squad but i see no evodence of imagination and at the risk of attractig derision I also am certain hois obsession with dembele is a vast error. the moose has no goal threat and woodrow is far superior player, he had two really good chances v charlton and one was so unlucky with just a hint of a deflection to direct just post the post. I absolutely know, 100% certaain, woodrow should start at least the next 4 games and rest dembele, it's time.

but i also know kit has mega favourites and that is fatal. nobody should be untouchable, and kit don't like burn at all, and we all know he should be in the team too!

valdeingruo

Welcome to my world of rather odd places to support Fulham. It is great to be able to ask that question to a rather honest forum such as this, but why don't you decide for yourself?

https://vimeo.com/fulhamfc

Has every match we've played this year and all of lasts' I have watched every match atleast twice and am embarking on watching the season anew before I begin to write my next detailed post.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi