News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time wasting and very poor defending cost us.

Started by The Swan, October 06, 2015, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Up to 80 minutes we were well in control. Bad defending from yet another corner cost us the first goal.

Then who made the decision to time waste for the remainder of the game.

It came back to bite us on the bum ( I know that the clash of heads in our penalty area added more minutes to the game)

In the 96th minute they break down the right and all of our players move over to the left.

At the far post lurking unseen by our players (as they were looking to their left), was the goalscorer.

The ball came across and the rest is history.

Tunnicliffe has said that although he scored his first goal for us he would have preferred to have won the game.

He says that we have two weeks to look at the game to see where we went wrong and hopefully put it right for the trip to Middlesbrough.

How many time have we heard that from different players and how many times have we heard it from our manager.
The Swan

Woolly Mammoth

So let's not waste any more time with this manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am yet to hear the manager take the blame once for a defeat. It's always centred around the players, not getting the rub of the green or having to work harder on set pieces etc.. I've not once heard him admit he got it wrong.

I am starting to see a bit of arrogance about him. The sheer stubbornness to change formation from last year. Regardless of how obvious it was it wasn't working he never tried anything else. And unbelievably we still play the same formation but with better players and the players don't even suit the diamond really. It's quite incredible really that we've never tried something else even just to tactically nullify the oppositions strengths. We do the same thing against everyone no matter who they are and as a result I find us so predictable.

IMO he is either very arrogant to persist with a style that doesn't suit the players and doesn't work or he is so clueless that he doesn't realise a manager should have more than one trick up his sleeve. No plan b and let's be honest, if plan A is even credible as a plan it has become a piece of cake for other managers to play against.

The late goals is something the players need to take responsibility for but our manager seems to be blameless with some fans but especially with himself and not many managers get far without realising their own errors and learning from them. Unless your name is Mourinho.

We keep hearing that Kit is still learning but that's my concern. In a year I don't think he's learnt anything and I'm not sure he wants to learn. That's where I find the arrogance comes into place
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

PokerMatt

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 07, 2015, 09:25:42 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I am yet to hear the manager take the blame once for a defeat. It's always centred around the players, not getting the rub of the green or having to work harder on set pieces etc.. I've not once heard him admit he got it wrong.

I am starting to see a bit of arrogance about him. The sheer stubbornness to change formation from last year. Regardless of how obvious it was it wasn't working he never tried anything else. And unbelievably we still play the same formation but with better players and the players don't even suit the diamond really. It's quite incredible really that we've never tried something else even just to tactically nullify the oppositions strengths. We do the same thing against everyone no matter who they are and as a result I find us so predictable.

IMO he is either very arrogant to persist with a style that doesn't suit the players and doesn't work or he is so clueless that he doesn't realise a manager should have more than one trick up his sleeve. No plan b and let's be honest, if plan A is even credible as a plan it has become a piece of cake for other managers to play against.

The late goals is something the players need to take responsibility for but our manager seems to be blameless with some fans but especially with himself and not many managers get far without realising their own errors and learning from them. Unless your name is Mourinho.

We keep hearing that Kit is still learning but that's my concern. In a year I don't think he's learnt anything and I'm not sure he wants to learn. That's where I find the arrogance comes into place

It's your last point which I keep saying as well. I'm hearing "it's only 10 games" or "it's the start of the season".. but he's had more than a season overall with us now.

The same problems with lack of/poor substitutions, awful defending at set pieces, awful defending in general, too many shots conceded and late goals are STILL evident. Even though he's still learning, of course he is, I'd still expect to see improvement in at least most of the above. Is that too much to ask?

Consider also that the same things are happening with an entirely new group of players... leaves Kit with nowhere to hide in my opinion. He's the only constant.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Ordar

I don't think anyone can use the "he's still learning" thing as an excuse. Hasslebaink, Monk, Howe etc have proven that its possible to go into a first job and be immediately successful.

Maybe its actually a disadvantage coming directly up from U21's to first team manager without being a number 2 first. In youth team and reserve football, 90% of the substitutions are predetermined. Also those teams are required to play the same tactics as the first team play and generally those games come down to individual players rather than teamwork. Generally there isn't much if any preparation work for the opposition done at that level either.

Kits main failures are pretty much all of the above. Preparation and gameplanning, in game adjustments, substitutions, tactics. He'd never previously had to do put effort into those things, and it just doesn't seem like he can do them. I would be extremely surprised if he is offered another manager position, especially at Championship level after his time with us is over

Bronaldinho

The thing that made me laugh is that Kit Symons told West London Sport that they should have gone and got a third.

So why did he tell his players to shut up shop and make 3 silly subs?

Tut tut KS.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ToodlesMcToot

Can't remember the last time I heard ANY manager accept that a defeat was his fault.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bog

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2015, 02:25:46 PM
Learning is one thing, but these mistakes that are being made are basic mistakes, and you don't have to pass a coaching course or obtain a EUFA Badge to know these fundamental parts of the game. Even my lovely long suffering wife knows that.  It's a simple game, complicated by pundits and coaches to justify their inflated wages. It's not Rocket Science.
The man in the street knows enough about this very very simple game, to know that if you score more goals than the opposition, then the likelyhood is that you win the match. See I told you it was simple.

Plenty of players get by making fundamental mistakes. But hey, they get paid more highly than anyone. So we can just ignore their "contributions", right?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Barrett487

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 07, 2015, 01:42:44 PM

Can't remember the last time I heard ANY manager accept that a defeat was his fault.

I get the feeling that managers who admit fault won't be long in the job. They have been told their job is on the line, so they're not allowed to pass the buck because it's obvious flannel. Kit blaming the players could be a sign of being secure in his job. Just my opinion of course

Barrett487

I hate time-wasting.... full stop !  The best form of defence is attack imo. Surely if a team is dominating a game they carry on with the tactics that have established that position? If a player is decent, then I don't see why substitutions should affect the way we play. Decent players, playing to a decent tactical strategy, should be able to maintain that dominance.

Southdowns White

Fulham have been time wasting for the last 4 years!