more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Ordar on November 24, 2015, 05:44:56 PM
I'm a bit surprised that Rowett wasn't ahead of Clarke and maybe even Pearson as the club's preferred choice. Of the coaches that we've been directly linked with, I'd say he's the best.

Maybe they didn't think they could get him (maybe they can't).

Surely Birmingham will resit a move for their manager and if we proceed the  matter will drag on for a while.
Can't believe there is not a suitable out of work manager out there for us.

AnEssexFan

With the job he's done at Birmingham, I'd be more than happy with Rowett. I don't like Pearson as a person, and was not keen on Clarke, but I'd be happy with Rowett.
@leightonrw07

spikey norman

Looks like Brendan Rodgers might be out of the running as he is in talks for a lucrative deal  with Qatar side Al Sadd

St. Andrews White

Maybe we're waiting for M. Tel Aviv to be knocked out of Europe tonight and then potentially move for Jokanovic...

We can live in hope
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Wimbledon_White

Anyone else really disillusioned with this whole saga?

YankeeJim

Seems we have been linked with every gaffer in Europe. I suppose the next rumor will be Sir Alex coming out of retirement.
079.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 24, 2015, 07:41:12 PM

Nope, don't feel that we're in any rush to install a new coach. Won't be going up, shouldn't be going down either with the quality we have. Realistically, a promotion push will only happen next season after Kits failings, so as long as we have someone in place by the January window to continue building the squad, that's fine by me.

Carborundum

Sadly no illusions about the modern football business to be dissed.  I'd put it another way.  In the history of our club, what has followed the departure of Mr Symons will not be viewed as our finest hour.  Very far from it.  I'm glad  the club aren't putting out more in the public domain.  What the club has put out hasn't helped the negotiation process.

Please find us the best person to fit a particular brief.  We have a team whose attackers are, in this division at least, so talented that we shouldn't fret over who coaches them.  But a team who are crying out for defensive organisation and a defensive midfielder who will let our defenders play with confidence.  Just this.  Don't care if they have Championship experience, just that they can tighten up the defence.  Then I expect we will win games aplenty.  The rest will follow in its own good time.

westcliff white

it could go down as the greatest hour if the manager we get in takes us to some success, such as a cup final win.

Its as likely as it is unliklely
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

Not that it means a toot anymore but Rowett is now the bookies favourite.

Making him the 4th Favourite in 2 weeks after Pearson, Clarke and Bruce

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 24, 2015, 07:47:17 PM
Seems we have been linked with every gaffer in Europe. I suppose the next rumor will be Sir Alex coming out of retirement.
079.gif

The club doesn't stock enough chewing gum for Red Beak.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 24, 2015, 08:59:44 PM
079.gif

plus he has no experience in the championship

Wimbledon_White

Wow, what a surprise, WeAreTheWhites disagrees with me. Quelle surprise.

Oh and he got a little dig in about Kit.

Pathetic really.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 24, 2015, 11:27:25 PM
Wow, what a surprise, WeAreTheWhites disagrees with me. Quelle surprise.

Oh and he got a little dig in about Kit.

Pathetic really.

Really, come on?

You asked if anyone was disillusioned with the whole saga, and I honestly answered 'no' wasn't disagreeing with you, just giving my honest opinion.

I feel like it's been a bit of wasted season again, don't think we've got a hope in hells chance of going up, or sneaking playoffs, so there is no immediate rush to appoint. I'd rather us get it right in time for January.

Didn't have a dig at Kit at all, said his 'failings' which is correct, he failed to achieve a certain amount of point to keep us on par with 6th place.

Really can't see what you're getting at. 

YankeeJim

Quote from: Nero on November 24, 2015, 09:48:03 PM
079.gif

plus he has no experience in the championship

You know, I had over looked that. Surely, Khan wouldn't consider a coach as inexperienced as O'rednose.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

alexmur

yes but I'm trying to stay positive. everyday my Mrs asks me do we have a new manager and even she thinks it's a joke. but I don't work in football and have very little knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes, so I have faith in rigg so let's see how it pans out I really think kahn will get us where we belong.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alexmur

079.gif

rumor has it he is back on the whiskey

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: filham on November 24, 2015, 06:38:05 PM
Quote from: Ordar on November 24, 2015, 05:44:56 PM
I'm a bit surprised that Rowett wasn't ahead of Clarke and maybe even Pearson as the club's preferred choice. Of the coaches that we've been directly linked with, I'd say he's the best.

Maybe they didn't think they could get him (maybe they can't).

Surely Birmingham will resit a move for their manager and if we proceed the  matter will drag on for a while.
Can't believe there is not a suitable out of work manager out there for us.

Birmingham took him from Burton Albion around this time last year so they have no standing when it comes to trying to hold on to him just because the season is in full swing.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

OdecaMynoT

By the time the club actually appoint a new manager it will be so underwhelming that even Dot Cotton wouldn't be a surprise.

Dohh!
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.