more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk Extra Time With Special Guest Wayne Veysey Of Football Insider

Started by Russ Goldman, November 22, 2015, 05:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

Hi Everyone,

In this episode, we discussed the 1-1 draw for Fulham against MK Dons. However, we started the show by talking about the open head coach position with the editor of Football Insider Wayne Veysey.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/11/22/9778098/cottage-talk-extra-time-with-special-guest-wayne-veysey-of-football

MJG

Guys I was on this show and some really interesting info from Veysey. Now I know all press should be looked at with a cautious eye, but I think its very close to what's happened, what's happening and what's going to happen.

Take a listen and draw your own conclusions.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Berserker

I'll listen as my bedtime treat
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Wearethewhites

This is what Veysey says:

1. Steve Clarke AGREED a £500,000 per year contract with FFC. Fulham were convinced he was going to be the new manager. Clarke's agent had no problem with the basic salary but then demanded bigger bonuses, Khan refused to pay. Hence the Clarke U-turn.

2. Interestingly, he suggests the Clarke deal is not necessarily dead. The suggestion being that if Clarke came back and says he will sign the original contract that was offered, he may still become manager.

3. Pearson was the first choice and was interviewed. However, Fulham are unlikely to be prepared to pay what it would cost to bring the two Leicester coaches with him. As this would cost £2m plus.

4. Veysey also suggested that the FFC baord are not totally convinced that Pearson wants to manage Fulham and that he is waiting for another Premier League job.

5. A year ago the FFC job was between Kit Symons and Steve Bruce. The suggestion is Symons got it because Bruce would command a much higher salary - he is on around £1m per year at Hull. However Bruce does fancy a London manager's job.

6. Curbishley wants the job. However, Grant has been put in temporary charge because the FFC hierarchy believe Curbishley did not provide enough support to Meulensteen when he was coach.

7. FFC currently have no one lined up for the job.

8. "No chance" of Stuart Pearce being offered the job.

9. FFC NOT interested in Hasselbaink

10. Jokanovic (ex-Watford) is an outside bet, but difficult to tempt him away while his current club is still in the Champions League.

11. Symons was sacked because he didn't meet the target he was set, which was 33 points after 20 games. He got 20 points after 16 games so that was it, he was out.

12. Moyes NOT in the running, would cost too much and he is waiting for a Premier League job

13. Chelsea coach Steve Holland is under consideration

14. Bruce was on the verge of joining a year ago but Hull gave him a better deal

15. Moussa Dembele has been offered a four-year deal but he's not going to sign it so good chance he will leave in January.

16. Billy Davies is under consideration

fulhamben

Hmm if true, then it's time to dump dembelle in the reserves. Much better in the long run to give Woodrow the game time.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
Hmm if true, then it's time to dump dembelle in the reserves. Much better in the long run to give Woodrow the game time.
Im  having this conversation on twitter at the moment. He's not rejected it like Hyndman, but its unlikely he will sign.
Now if we drop him and he sticks around till summer he will move for a compensation fee based on his apperences and what we have offered.Drop him we get less. But while he's not rejected it what do you do?

So its the old if he wants to leave he shouldn't play story, he's not said that tho.

Hypothetically if O'Hara in Feb is offered an extension and doesn't sign straightaway do you drop him?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2015, 10:12:35 PM
Im  having this conversation on twitter at the moment. He's not rejected it like Hyndman, but its unlikely he will sign.
Now if we drop him and he sticks around till summer he will move for a compensation fee based on his apperences and what we have offered.Drop him we get less. But while he's not rejected it what do you do?

So its the old if he wants to leave he shouldn't play story, he's not said that tho.

Hypothetically if O'Hara in Feb is offered an extension and doesn't sign straightaway do you drop him?

I think whoever the next coach is, will have a big impact on this.

MJG

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 22, 2015, 10:14:16 PM

Agreed, and really given the state we are in would you sign a new contract?

fulhamben

if he hasn't outright refused then stick with him

BedsFFC

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2015, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 22, 2015, 10:14:16 PM

Agreed, and really given the state we are in would you sign a new contract?

I didn't renew my season ticket

west kowloon white

Depressing- large Grouse on the rocks required- but interesting insight ,for which many thanks.

ToodlesMcToot

Dembele is our hottest goal scorer at the moment. If Woodrow were the better option, then he'd be playing. If we've only got him til January, then we need to be playing him until the goals dry up at the very least.

I've said on here before that there is a 3 million dollar offer on the table to MLS for Gyasi Zardes from a Championship club. Obviously the club have known, or supposed, for quite some time that Moussa is not going to be signing and will be sold for what we can get in January. So, why not have a ready made replacement.

Zardes is older by 2-3 years, has been playing alongside Robbie Keane for several years. So, he will have a very good idea of the expectations and requirements. He's talented, strong, quick, etc.

It's possible but, that would show some planning on the club's part with regard to signings which typically means that it will fall apart spectacularly.

Just a guess really though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

I should say also, a great thanks to Russ, Mike and David for the show, especially the most informative bits inside the first 30-45 minutes. Great stuff! Nice catch getting Veysey on so quickly after his article dropped.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Carborundum

Interesting discussion about Dembele.  Perhaps he feels the current offer on the table should be improved.  Perhaps he's right. 

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 22, 2015, 09:51:21 PM
This is what Veysey says:

1. Steve Clarke AGREED a £500,000 per year contract with FFC. Fulham were convinced he was going to be the new manager. Clarke's agent had no problem with the basic salary but then demanded bigger bonuses, Khan refused to pay. Hence the Clarke U-turn.

2. Interestingly, he suggests the Clarke deal is not necessarily dead. The suggestion being that if Clarke came back and says he will sign the original contract that was offered, he may still become manager.

3. Pearson was the first choice and was interviewed. However, Fulham are unlikely to be prepared to pay what it would cost to bring the two Leicester coaches with him. As this would cost £2m plus.

4. Veysey also suggested that the FFC baord are not totally convinced that Pearson wants to manage Fulham and that he is waiting for another Premier League job.

5. A year ago the FFC job was between Kit Symons and Steve Bruce. The suggestion is Symons got it because Bruce would command a much higher salary - he is on around £1m per year at Hull. However Bruce does fancy a London manager's job.

6. Curbishley wants the job. However, Grant has been put in temporary charge because the FFC hierarchy believe Curbishley did not provide enough support to Meulensteen when he was coach.

7. FFC currently have no one lined up for the job.

8. "No chance" of Stuart Pearce being offered the job.

9. FFC NOT interested in Hasselbaink

10. Jokanovic (ex-Watford) is an outside bet, but difficult to tempt him away while his current club is still in the Champions League.

11. Symons was sacked because he didn't meet the target he was set, which was 33 points after 20 games. He got 20 points after 16 games so that was it, he was out.

12. Moyes NOT in the running, would cost too much and he is waiting for a Premier League job

13. Chelsea coach Steve Holland is under consideration

14. Bruce was on the verge of joining a year ago but Hull gave him a better deal

15. Moussa Dembele has been offered a four-year deal but he's not going to sign it so good chance he will leave in January.

16. Billy Davies is under consideration

Thanks very much for this precis.  Very much appreciated.
Nogood "with genuine gratitude, isit" Boyo

Domino1879

Billy Davies????
I know we are heading to pantomime season but that would be ridiculous joke.

Russ Goldman

Thank you and I am glad I was able to get Wayne on the show. Like you mentioned though Mike and David were excellent and overall I think it was one of our best episodes ever.

Neil D

The first time I listened to the whole programme and it was certainly worth it. I've read critical comments about Vesey on this forum but he seemed on the money to me.  The brief debate about whether to play a new contract-averse Dembele was interesting.  He needs to play until the very end, whenever that is. I hope there is a chance we can get Jokanovic.