watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David

Started by cmg, November 24, 2015, 09:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Chris David, once one of our brightest hopes, has established himself as a popular and important member of Dutch 2nd Div side, the promotion challenging and wonderfully named Go Ahead Eagles of Deventer.

Sadly, it seems that he has suffered a torn ACL and, following an op, will be out for at least the rest of the season.
It can be a cruel old game. Good luck to him and hope for a full recovery.

HatterDon

I hope so also, but wow what a drop in status == the Dutch 2nd is like England's L2.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Arthur

Quote from: HatterDon on November 25, 2015, 01:39:38 AM
I hope so also, but wow what a drop in status == the Dutch 2nd is like England's L2.

Bear in mind that if his team get promoted, he'll be playing in the Eredivisie - not a drop in status.

zschwartz

that is a shame. he was a talent, hoping for a quick recovery.

sunburywhite

Did he fall off his ego?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Chutney

Quote from: Arthur on November 25, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

Bear in mind that if his team get promoted, he'll be playing in the Eredivisie - not a drop in status.

Most eredivisie sides would struggle in the championship, with the exception of maybe three.
C O Y W

BobbyTheBrain

Quote from: Chutney on November 25, 2015, 07:45:31 AM
Quote from: Arthur on November 25, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

Most eredivisie sides would struggle in the championship, with the exception of maybe three.

+1 The quality of the Dutch second tier league is absolutely dire.
It's not fair to flair.

snarks

I hope he makes a full recovery, but where he's playing just shows the the club were right to let him go.

Wimbledon_White

Another overrated player with a bad attitude. The Dutch Ravel Morrison. The Dutch Adel Taraabt.

Max Headroom

He was clearly very talented, but the top sportsmen also have a top attitude, and the fact that he got such little game time with so many managers shows that we were probably right.

I hope he recovers quickly and fulfills his potential

valdeingruo

Well where he is playing could show a few things.  Yes, we did get relegated, but Chris as a player could say "Ive played and scored in the Premiership" that could have added to the ego. However, he did drop down a division which shows he wants to play. Lets hope it does work out. We have a lot of former academy players in that league.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

hovewhite

Slagging another player off,this another example why people get fed up of fans sights.
Get well soon chris David!

copthornemike

Quote from: hovewhite on November 25, 2015, 09:56:43 PM
Slagging another player off,this another example why people get fed up of fans sights.
Get well soon chris David!
Quite right - a torn ACL is a cruel injury for a player and some do not get over it. I wish him well.

There is a high failure rate for all academy players and it cannot be easy going to a foreign club as a very young man. He is / was doing well to remain a professional football player in a recognised league and mores to the point an improving team. Maybe he is simply more mature now and has at last recognised that skill alone is not enough. He would not be the first and certainly will not be the last.

@jolslover

I loved Chris David. Talented little player and feel now we lack someone with his flair
STH H3

MJG

Always good to see some wishing an ex player ill.

mike_corkcity12

Him and McCormack had a good rapport on the pitch. Shame Symons took his u21 grudges to first team level.

We have lost and squandered so much talent throughout the years: Kacanaklic (talented but we didn't develop it), Kerim Frei, Dan Burn. Hyndman, Dembele, Roberts, Tankovic and David.

We either failed to bring out their talent or lost them for a pittance. We are a shambles at times.