watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst ownership in my 30+ years of FFC support

Started by Wearethewhites, December 05, 2015, 06:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Like most say, I'm pretty sure Kahn means well, but his ownership is the worst I've seen in the 30+ years I've supported FFC.

Sad thing is, it didn't need to end up this way, but in the 3 years of owning this Club, Kahn, along with who else is involved, has managed to royally screw FFC from top to bottom.

Don't get me wrong, I've experienced some pretty bad times watching FFC in the last 30+ years, but back then, we simply had no money, but still tried to do the best we could.

At present, we have an owner, who, if at the time, took the time, to find experienced people in the game, rather than do it himself, continues to make one mistake after the other, along with those around him.

As a fan, I feel cheated, ripped off, lied to, and completely ignored by a Club that I used to do so much for in the past.

If Stuart Gray is announced tonight after watching that complete and utter shambles at Forest, then it'd be a complete 'P' take where all fans are concerned. These talks of ambition and a return to the Premiership are a complete farce.

Can I see things getting any better at FFC? Not really, we can't even sack a manager, and then 4 weeks later, replace him with an adequate one.

My fear, after watching that display at Forest today, is that we're not sucked into another relegation battle, because based on current moral and management, we wouldn't survive.

Today, I'm very upset and angered by what is unfolding at Fulham FC.  

spikey norman

I share your frustration and anger but Clay and Bulstrode were far worse owners because they wanted to destroy our club.

Tonywa

Quote from: spikey norman on December 05, 2015, 06:07:17 PM
I share your frustration and anger but Clay and Bulstrode were far worse owners because they wanted to destroy our club.

Too true mate. It's not good, but nothing could be worse than those two shysters.

Fulham76

I personally feel Khan WILL destroy us & worryingly I think that's his intention. I don't know if it's the land he wants but a top businessman, which he is, doesn't make the mistakes he has, not unless he wants to! Every important decision he's made has been the wrong one, (for the fans/club).

He's never explained why he bought us. It certainly wasn't to make money & he would have known he wasnt going to make make money running a mid/small sized premier league club.

Purely my opinion & I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, just a horrible feeling I have. I don't know what he's doing with us but I certainly don't trust him.

Twig

I agree, but apart from criminals like those two, Khan comes close to worst of the rest, if not te very worst.

Patrick

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2015, 06:17:50 PM

I personally feel Khan WILL destroy us & worryingly I think that's his intention. I don't know if it's the land he wants but a top businessman, which he is, doesn't make the mistakes he has, not unless he wants to! Every important decision he's made has been the wrong one, (for the fans/club).

He's never explained why he bought us. It certainly wasn't to make money & he would have known he wasnt going to make make money running a mid/small sized premier league club.

Purely my opinion & I have no inside knowledge but I don't know what he's doing with us but I certainly don't trust him.

Reason that he bought us????   London NFL FRANCHISE....Absolutely no other reason...but the good news is we will be sold when the franchise is located at Spurs      http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/boris-johnson-has-high-hopes-that-tottenham-will-host-nfl-franchise-a2954096.html

Twig

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2015, 06:17:50 PM

Purely my opinion & I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, just a horrible feeling I have. I don't know what he's doing with us but I certainly don't trust him.

Interestingly my wife, also a ST holder, said from day 1 that she did not trust Khan's motives.  At the time I said she was believing in conspiracy theories.  Not so sure she may not be proved right and I was naive.

grandad

Fulham 76 you are barking mad saying " I personally feel Khan WILL destroy us & worryingly I think that's his intention."

Were you not around in the really bad days of Bulstrode & Clay. They really were evil.
If you want an answer as to why he bought the club, why not write to him. I have found that he replies to every sensible e-mail sent to him via Jim Woodcock.

Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham76

Quote from: grandad on December 05, 2015, 06:30:28 PM
Fulham 76 you are barking mad saying " I personally feel Khan WILL destroy us & worryingly I think that's his intention."

Were you not around in the really bad days of Bulstrode & Clay. They really were evil.
If you want an answer as to why he bought the club, why not write to him. I have found that he replies to every sensible e-mail sent to him via Jim Woodcock.

I was around during those times, albeit very young.

I might take your advice & email him. I'll be very surprised if I get a response but worth a go, rather than keep bitching about him on here, I could do it in person.

As for the barking mad comment, let's hope I'm wrong. Just don't trust the guy

bill taylors apprentice

Some may argue he's put in plenty of dosh and maybe he has but you can't see any benefit and therefore the buck stops with him.

Ag

Please stop with the NFL nonsense.  You're just embarrassing yourselves.

fcfulham55

Fantastic post, summarising my 22 years supporting the club too.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: Ag on December 05, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
Please stop with the NFL nonsense.  You're just embarrassing yourselves.

Ag, May I remind you, that Friends of Fulham is a Footballing forum, for all to express their opinions, either about FFC, or related. To some, the NFL connections are not nonsense, nor do members have to feel embarrassed about expressing them. Please remember this when posting in the future.

flirpit

I don't understand the constant negativity regarding Khan. Yes we made some baffling decisions during our last half season in the premiership, but at the time, and now, we blamed Ali Mac. We sacked Felix when it became apparent he was a nutter. We brought in Kit when all of us asked for him. He's hired Mike Rigg (a very respected GM with exp at one of the biggest clubs in the game). Now we are going through this trainwreck of a hiring but I would lay the blame at Rigg's door, not Khan.

IMO Khan bought the club, trusted the incumbents (Ali Mac). When it became clear that wasn't working he acted quickly and brought in someone with a huge amount of experience (Rigg) and is trusting him. And he has invested in the squad. What exactly can Mr Khan do that he hasn't done?

There are problems at the club, that much is clear. But I'm not sure what Khan has done wrong in his tenure.
@garthurabbott

Buffalo76

Please stop with the NFL nonsense.  You're just embarrassing yourselves.

Nothing wrong with the NFL pal  starsnstripes

That's it and that's all.

The Rock

This looks like a anti-Khan or "Khan out" thread. Be careful or you may be threatened with a ban; I speak from experience.

And I 100% agree with this thread.

SG

If he hadn't spent a few hundred million to buy the club I really would be questioning his motives. I am frustrated and annoyed by the completely avoidable mess we find ourselves in and have no confidence in Khan or Rigg to sort this out having got us into this in the first place

Ag

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 05, 2015, 07:51:17 PM
Please stop with the NFL nonsense.  You're just embarrassing yourselves.

Ag, May I remind you, that Friends of Fulham is a Footballing forum, for all to express their opinions, either about FFC, or related. To some, the NFL connections are not nonsense, nor do members have to feel embarrassed about expressing them. Please remember this when posting in the future.

Aside from a cross promotional, marketing opportunity there is zero benefit to Khan's NFL franchise from his ownership of FFC.  Nor does that NFL franchise present any risk or harm to FFC.  To suggest otherwise, when the info to disprove it is so readily available is ignorant, and imo embarassing.  But it's your site, so duly noted. 

Looking forward to my first Jags game at Craven Cottage, which he'll probably rename Everbank Cottage soon.  Unless he tears it down to build a facility for his auto parts biz.  Or moves FFC to Florida to join MLS.

bill taylors apprentice

He may mean well and be a decent man but he HAS screwed up, there can be no argument on that fact!

He bought a business and just about every thing that's happened since has gone wrong so who else is to blame?

There's plenty of people who have failed the club but the buck stops with Khan who has employed failure after failure.

And that's a fact too!

Ag

No argument there.  I just don't subscribe to all of the questioning of his motives.  He's spent money, brought in players & made changes to staff, all of which are the actions of someone trying to fix the problem.  If he wanted to destroy the club he could have just stood pat because we were well on our way.

Prior to sacking Kit, it appeared the club had arrested the slide and started to turn our fortunes around.  While this managerial search isn't inspiring much (if any) confidence, there is still a chance they make a selection that successfully fits into their strategy and the improvement continues.  Hopefully that will be the case.