watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The worst situation ever in my lifetime

Started by nose, December 26, 2015, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

This is the worst ever sonce i supported fulham. worse than clay, bulstrode and branfoot combined.
worse because it is avoidable, unnecessary and made of a combination of gross negligence and incompetence
every wrong descision was foreseable and avoidable.
The manager/head coach is even 'obliged' to persevere with a center forward incapable of holding the ball or winning a header just so we might get a fee for him this transferdealine. It is a pathetic trick to play on long term supporters to continue to play out of form, sub standard players. we will continue going backwards till this perverse situation continues.

I know lobnger believ theat Mr khan has the inclination to fix what he has done wrong because if he did and was serious about makling us successful we woulnt have AM or mr rigg still at the club. Shame on all of them for what they have done and are continuing to do!

PS sacking Kit looks like one of the most pathetic errors ever because leaving us withouit a team leader was suicidal.  I do not trust our management's ability to hard boil an egg.

nose

I was just asked at home if i really thought this was the worst it has ever been and I said I do and what is worse, I think if it comntiues for much longer our future is at stake because we are going backwards so fast our position as a league club will be untenable at Craven Cottage, we will end up taking up rescidence in Kingston when AFC move out. I can easilly see that happening. Don't believe me, just watch.

Wearethewhites

For me, yes, because what is happening now, doesn't need to happen, if competent people were in charge. These are a catalogue of errors made by rich people, who frankly, don't have a scooby what they are doing in the footballing arena. They are slowly killing the very platform which this club successfully built over the years.   

H4usuallysitting

Speaking with my Dad earlier (he's 84) -  and me and him both agreed we couldn't think of a worse time that Fulham had experienced...... We both find it quite sinister

nose

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 26, 2015, 10:48:31 PM
Speaking with my Dad earlier (he's 84) -  and me and him both agreed we couldn't think of a worse time that Fulham had experienced...... We both find it quite sinister

I said at the start of this season and after the transfer window closed I felt we were more like relegation material than top 6 stuff. we had a bit of a decent run, moved up slowly and then on the back of two poor results sacked the manager. and now do not have one or even remotely look like getting a proper one.

my blood turned cold when the three  of them gave the interview in the close season. It was all wrong. Then when rigg said we want a head coach not a manager it was even more wrong. He should go, Mr rigg that is, his track record is actually poor, what is he doing here... and AM should have gone two years ago. The whole thing is bizarre.

Berserker

Yes I worry something odd and possible sinister could be happening behind the scenes we are not aware of
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Tonywa

I like a bit of hyperbole myself, but worse than Clay and Bulstrode combined? Come, come.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Tonywa on December 26, 2015, 11:09:36 PM
I like a bit of hyperbole myself, but worse than Clay and Bulstrode combined? Come, come.

That, we couldn't really do much about, because they had intent. This is different, because the Club doesn't need to be in the position it does now.

Domino1879

Be very afraid.  The way the club is being run we will for sure be going down to League 1.  Surely that isn't the agenda...................or is it?

Mighty Maik

I agree with much of what you say Mr. Nose but would add that the myth that we had a strong squad must have been perpetratred because Rigg knew an embargo was coming. the squad had to be "good" because it was not going to get any better this year! There are people on this board who have also sustained the idea that Rigg had a good reputation before coming to Fulham. Not true if one speaks to QPR supporters. They think he wasted the owner's money and delivered a sub-standard team. Some think he ruined that club. The myth of a quality squad and a quality Chief Football Officer serve only Rigg. If Khan believes these two notions then he really is the numpty that another thread suspects he might be.

I believe that the imposition of the pseudo-American structure of a Chief Football Officer (Rigg) who the manager reports to has killed off most of our possible candidates. Perhaps I'm wrong but it is hard to fathom why any manager of merit would feel comfortable reporting to Rigg on Football matters. Would Roy? Tigana? Hughes? Jol?

One area I can't agree with you (and most on the board) about is placing the blame of our present incomprehensible plight at the feet of Alistair Mackintosh. Khan took him out of the picture on football decisions a while ago. Alistair didn't appoint Magath but Khan stuck him with the blame. Khan is using him as a bullet catcher in the same way he used the infamous "committee" to pick a manager. He needs the blame to sit with someone other than him and he's willing to pay for that privilege. I suspect the only way to get Khan to act is for his "image" to get pricked. He is a vain man and an awful owner. When we call him out for his apalling stewardship he might actually decide to do something to turn the tide. Perhaps a rousing chorus of "We've been Khanned" from Hammy End on Tuesday night might remind him that the fans aren't blaming Kit, or Mr. Gray, or Alistair Mac, or the players anymore. They blame him. Maybe the message will get home. Maybe it will provoke him into getting better advice. Who knows? One thing is certain - if we lose against Rotherham we are in serious trouble.

nose

Quote from: Mighty Maik on December 26, 2015, 11:28:48 PM
I agree with much of what you say Mr. Nose but would add that the myth that we had a strong squad must have been perpetratred because Rigg knew an embargo was coming. the squad had to be "good" because it was not going to get any better this year! There are people on this board who have also sustained the idea that Rigg had a good reputation before coming to Fulham. Not true if one speaks to QPR supporters. They think he wasted the owner's money and delivered a sub-standard team. Some think he ruined that club. The myth of a quality squad and a quality Chief Football Officer serve only Rigg. If Khan believes these two notions then he really is the numpty that another thread suspects he might be.

I believe that the imposition of the pseudo-American structure of a Chief Football Officer (Rigg) who the manager reports to has killed off most of our possible candidates. Perhaps I'm wrong but it is hard to fathom why any manager of merit would feel comfortable reporting to Rigg on Football matters. Would Roy? Tigana? Hughes? Jol?

One area I can't agree with you (and most on the board) about is placing the blame of our present incomprehensible plight at the feet of Alistair Mackintosh. Khan took him out of the picture on football decisions a while ago. Alistair didn't appoint Magath but Khan stuck him with the blame. Khan is using him as a bullet catcher in the same way he used the infamous "committee" to pick a manager. He needs the blame to sit with someone other than him and he's willing to pay for that privilege. I suspect the only way to get Khan to act is for his "image" to get pricked. He is a vain man and an awful owner. When we call him out for his apalling stewardship he might actually decide to do something to turn the tide. Perhaps a rousing chorus of "We've been Khanned" from Hammy End on Tuesday night might remind him that the fans aren't blaming Kit, or Mr. Gray, or Alistair Mac, or the players anymore. They blame him. Maybe the message will get home. Maybe it will provoke him into getting better advice. Who knows? One thing is certain - if we lose against Rotherham we are in serious trouble.

nicely written and a good answer BUT it surely looks to the world and his brother that AM was to blame for a vast array of errors including Magath. Khan would never have appointed him without the agreement of his top man at the club and that was AM. If not him who? amd if he was that weak that he allowed that descision then we certainly do not need him. and mitroglu was on his watch as was Jol. when khan took over, he should have ensured jol left immediately and when he did eventually go, rene was much to great a gamble when there were good experienced candidtes gagging for a job like fulham.

And the close season three man interview was a very poor showing from AM, he seemed weak and marginalised. He is defintely a majoir problem. No question his sins are many and date back, he should be gone too 100%. we need a clean sweep of the old guard that have crippled us.

Maik, it is a pleasure to talk to somebody that with so few posts as you seems to talk so nicely. shame you haven't been around before because we needed eloquent people on the board to help.

nose

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 26, 2015, 11:15:20 PM

That, we couldn't really do much about, because they had intent. This is different, because the Club doesn't need to be in the position it does now.

exactly. it is worse because we have money, own the ground and were comfortably in the premiership and just blew it all away. we even sold the whole squad! Imbesilic behaviour.  I can think of no other words to adequately describe what took place and continues to take place.

Clay and bulstrode were out and out villians, this is worse, it doesn't need to be.

Lighthouse

If it turns out that we have refused to pay the compensation for the latest manager. Then it would certainly appear that we have people in charge with sinister motives. Something that up to this point I  firmly believed wasn't the case and that they were just incompetent.

But there would have been no reason to sack a manager and now make our season one of struggle. As they knew we had a Jan embargo and have made such a mess of finding a replacement. I apologise for thinking that the owner and his people were just incompetent as it now looks that they knew exactly what they are doing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mighty Maik

I have a very bad feeling that Tony Khan and his analytics was responsible for Magath. Aliaster was lumbered with it and he was a good soldier. I think the weakness remark is a bullseye however because with Magath's cv no one could really pre-judge - but once the club's Administrators knew Magath was stripping the soul of the club and alienating the entire squad they should have stepped in - it was an open secret by the end that Magath was loopy. The manner in which Brede was let go was appalling. The cheese story had been circulating. Magath was vindictive. If AM had been stronger none of that would have had to happen. At the root of this, however, is Khan. He is not a kindly lost man who has gotten poor directions. He is telling people what to do after inadequate consideration and then blaming them for doing his bidding. We could be in for an existential fight in the next few years to save the club.

Tonywa

Before I bow out of this thread let me get this straight.  Bad though the current situation is, some here think it is worse than the ground being sold and built on and the club going out of existence. OK. Fine!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Tonywa on December 27, 2015, 12:25:25 AM
Before I bow out of this thread let me get this straight.  Bad though the current situation is, some here think it is worse than the ground being sold and built on and the club going out of existence. OK. Fine!

No if you read what is being said. What people are saying is that what is happening now was avoidable on so many levels and over a long period of time. When we were having the ground sold etc. That was down to people wanting to make money and sell us up the river and not invest in the club. That is why people consider it a worse situation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Prime riverside real estate!!
Its a big plot of land in one of the most expensive places in the country. Cheapest way to get such a big plot, is the buy the club as he's done. Now, he's slowly running it into the ground so its not necessary for us to be in the ground, then the high end flats will appear. Only losers will be us.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

MJG

agree, itsabad time both on and off the pitch, but nowhere near the problems we had.

Could both on and off situations be managed better? Of course they could. But I don't buy the conspiracy view that its being run down deliberately. Its bad decision after bad decision and also bad luck. Its football you see this time and time again, a series of things that leads club sometimes into a position where we are.

So I'm in the completely mismanaged camp and not the block of flats camp.

Tonywa

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 12:34:43 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on December 27, 2015, 12:25:25 AM

No if you read what is being said. What people are saying is that what is happening now was avoidable on so many levels and over a long period of time. When we were having the ground sold etc. That was down to people wanting to make money and sell us up the river and not invest in the club. That is why people consider it a worse situation.

Thanks very much mate, that does clarify matters to a degree.

Tonywa

Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2015, 09:41:58 AM
agree, itsabad time both on and off the pitch, but nowhere near the problems we had.

Could both on and off situations be managed better? Of course they could. But I don't buy the conspiracy view that its being run down deliberately. Its bad decision after bad decision and also bad luck. Its football you see this time and time again, a series of things that leads club sometimes into a position where we are.

So I'm in the completely mismanaged camp and not the block of flats camp.

You and me both. It does seem that the vacuum left by the lack of news is being filled by some fairly wild conspiracy theories. I'm just trying to think of any sort of business in 'the real world' which would treat its customer-base as badly as FFC is currently treating theirs and still expect it to remain loyal to the brand.