watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Are we good at cricket now?

Started by Scrumpy, August 06, 2010, 09:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

We do seem to be getting pretty good at the game, don't we?

First we won that 20-20 World Cup jobbie, and now we're thrashing the Pakistanis. I'm almost beginning to fancy us for the ashes. :023:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jimpav

I think Pakistan have flattered us Scrumpy. Our bowlers are on their home ground too.

Looking forward to the ashes though.

ron

Three youthful quick bowlers of 6'2", 6'6" and 6'8" who can bowl relentless swing and lift bring the kind of results that the Windies enjoyed with similar strengths for years. It's just our turn now.

All we need to do is enjoy it and stop being British in the sense of suggesting that the opposition have injuries, unavailable players, or just "aren't ready".

Someone in the the West Indies cricket set up suggested a couple of years back when they were losing heavily that they should bow out of Test Matches until they get a strong team again.......in effect saying that they didn't want to play unless they won.  It's much easier than that; all they needed to do was turn up as usual and get thrashed. Same as Pakistan in fact.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

This isn't the strongest of Pakistan sides but still you can only beat what is in front of you,as for the Ashes I believe the Aussies are beginning to panic slightly because if we can beat them over there, they will NEVER be able to cope :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :clap_hands:

Andy Crysell

I'd just love it, Syd.

I might have to invest in a Sky dish!!

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 06, 2010, 11:57:23 PM
This isn't the strongest of Pakistan sides but still you can only beat what is in front of you,as for the Ashes I believe the Aussies are being to panic slightly because if we can beat them over there, they will NEVER be able to cope :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :clap_hands:

Fletchino

this has to be are best chance of winning the ashes down under in years so will lose 5-0 or
4-1  :dft012:

FatFreddysCat

To be fair to Pakistan they haven't been able to do much training, what with them water logged pitches. Not expecting that one to be here for too long to be honest  :002: .

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 07, 2010, 12:09:46 AM
To be fair to Pakistan they haven't been able to do much training, what with them water logged pitches. Not expecting that one to be here for too long to be honest  :002: .
In my defence at least i didn't tell the one about Gazza turning up with his fishing rod.

michaelread

you aren't getting any better, everyone else is just getting worse.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: michaelread on August 07, 2010, 06:00:53 AM
you aren't getting any better, everyone else is just getting worse.

the way English cricket has been over the past few years, I'll take that :54:

TheDaddy

I don't think were any better , the Pakistan team are young and inexperienced.The english team are confident at the moment which always helps Lets see when we lose the first test in the ashes how we respond.Mind you we could open up the old can of worms and start going on about how many english men will in the Ashes team.Is there a bookmakers taking odds ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

CorkedHat

If England are to win the Ashes now is the best time to do it.
Australia is in the throes of rebuilding. They have had problems in replacing Warne, Gilchrist. Hayden and McGrath and Ponting and Hussey are past their best.  They just don't have the depth that they have been used to but it would be folly to write them off on their home turf

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

os5889

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 07, 2010, 09:36:42 AM
If England are to win the Ashes now is the best time to do it.
Australia is in the throes of rebuilding. They have had problems in replacing Warne, Gilchrist. Hayden and McGrath and Ponting and Hussey are past their best.  They just don't have the depth that they have been used to but it would be folly to write them off on their home turf

Give our boys a Kookaburra ball and they'll be stuffed again! I don't know why we haven't tried to get a few tests with the swing-aversive Aussie wonder.....

HatterDon

At last A CRICKET THREAD ON THE MAIN SITE!!!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

1. Yes, this is probably not the strongest Pakistan side in decades, AND ...

2. They all field their positions like they're wearing boxing gloves BUT ...

3. They handled the Aussies in the previous series. SO

4. If England's handing the Pakistani's their collective asses AND

5. The Paki's beat the DownUnda's like a team of rented mules THEN IT STANDS TO REASON THAT

6. Australia will have no trouble slapping England around.

Jesus, I miss England in the summer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on August 08, 2010, 06:02:18 AM
At last A CRICKET THREAD ON THE MAIN SITE!!!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

1. Yes, this is probably not the strongest Pakistan side in decades, AND ...

2. They all field their positions like they're wearing boxing gloves BUT ...

3. They handled the Aussies in the previous series. SO

4. If England's handing the Pakistani's their collective asses AND

5. The Paki's beat the DownUnda's like a team of rented mules THEN IT STANDS TO REASON THAT

6. Australia will have no trouble slapping England around.

Jesus, I miss England in the summer.
Ok,as I'm an optimist,I'll bite,Mr Don,I'll bet you a pint of beer that England DO NOT lose the ashes this winter  :beer: :clap_hands:

CorkedHat

In spite of the fact that we'll probably get pasted 12-0 by Australia we cannot let it pass that England are in the finals of the Hockey Champions Trophy which is as good as the World Cup until the real thing comes along.
Oh and to my North American cousins I am talking about field hockey not WWF on skates that you blokes play :035:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 08, 2010, 09:33:23 AM
In spite of the fact that we'll probably get pasted 12-0 by Australia we cannot let it pass that England are in the finals of the Hockey Champions Trophy which is as good as the World Cup until the real thing comes along.
Oh and to my North American cousins I am talking about field hockey not WWF on skates that you blokes play :035:

Yes, I know; the girl's sport.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on August 08, 2010, 03:46:01 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on August 08, 2010, 09:33:23 AM

Yes, I know; the girl's sport.

Yep. Field Hockey is a well known sport for girls here in North America Mr. Hat, though I have yet to know a person who has actually seen a match.  :dft011: