watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Are we good at cricket now?

Started by Scrumpy, August 06, 2010, 09:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I am shocked that the USA has not developed a World Series in field hockey. Oh no of coarse they haven't. Too many better teams about. Only ever have World Series when USA are the only team.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 08, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
I am shocked that the USA has not developed a World Series in field hockey. Oh no of coarse they haven't. Too many better teams about. Only ever have World Series when USA are the only team.  :005:

Thank you Beamer for the one sane answer in this thread (even if you can't spell "course"  :035: ). We have heard from Harpo and Groucho and now we wait for Chico, Gummo and Zeppo to make an appearance. MBF1, Logicalman and anyone else from that side of the ditch, it's all yours. :clap_hands:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 09, 2010, 03:06:03 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 08, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
I am shocked that the USA has not developed a World Series in field hockey. Oh no of coarse they haven't. Too many better teams about. Only ever have World Series when USA are the only team.  :005:

Thank you Beamer for the one sane answer in this thread (even if you can't spell "course"  :035: ). We have heard from Harpo and Groucho and now we wait for Chico, Gummo and Zeppo to make an appearance. MBF1, Logicalman and anyone else from that side of the ditch, it's all yours. :clap_hands:

now, now, Mr. Hat. You'll not find a greater Anglophile on this side of the water than me. I love football and cricket, quite like Rugby Union, but the only field hockey of quality I saw in England was played by women. During my time in Old Blighty, it seemed as if the serious male field hockey powers were from the sub-continent.

As for cricket, my 1960s hero was Sir Garfield Sobers, then came Richie Richardson, Ian Botham, Courtley Ambrose, and finally an Indian teenager named Sachin Tendulkar who I believe has had a fairly decent career.

Just as I like everything about Mexico except their national football team and its supporters, so I like everything about Australia except their national cricket XI and its supporters. Boorish and self-congratulatory, I applaud each time they're beaten [PakiSTAN PakiSTAN] and I always root for England to win/retain the Ashes. What would make cricket perfect for me once again would be a return to world dominance by The Windies. There's nothing like a test match in the Caribbean to get the real flavor of the sport.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel