watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfers

Started by blingo, August 08, 2010, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

I have just read that if Man C buy milner and bal whatever his name is that their spend in this window to date is £125 MILLION. I am begining to think that clubs should have a limit placed on the amount that they can spend in any transfer window. Say £35 million., with a limit of £15m per player, and £50k a week wages. That would surely make players go to the clubs that they WANT to play for and not be quite so cash orientated. Waddya fink guys?

Fletchino

i do think to even the balance and not just have the richest clubs winning all the best prize money and buying all the best players has to be done but im guessing the crapy eu will have somthink to say about.
but once Fulham win the prem either this season or next on a modest budget and a lot of hard working players who all chip in this will lead the rest of the preimership in to a new era  :beer:

Jimpav

It's a great idea in theory Blingo but most players would still aim to be playing for a side that offered European football.

At least the current system exposes the greedy players for what they really are and means that very average clubs such as City and Chelski have to buy succcess at abigger premium.

os5889

I don't agree, all clubs are doing is paying to break a contract.
It would restrict free trade and additionally cement the order as it is now for a long time as there would be an indefinite status quo in the top clubs.
In business an asset is worth what the seller feels its worth, if the buyer is prepared to pay a sale takes place. The same applies with City, if they feel the players are worth the money the selling clubs want thats fine.
If you got the money why shouldnt you be able to spend it?

os5889

Also there would be a lot of brown envelopes....

Tom

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2010, 09:58:49 AM
I have just read that if Man C buy milner and bal whatever his name is that their spend in this window to date is £125 MILLION. I am begining to think that clubs should have a limit placed on the amount that they can spend in any transfer window. Say £35 million., with a limit of £15m per player, and £50k a week wages. That would surely make players go to the clubs that they WANT to play for and not be quite so cash orientated. Waddya fink guys?
Great idea Blingo and I agree with you. Man City is just like the Yankees here in America, all they do is spend,spend,spend.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on August 08, 2010, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2010, 09:58:49 AM
Great idea Blingo and I agree with you. Man City is just like the Yankees here in America, all they do is spend,spend,spend.

Well, sorta Tom. The difference being that the Yankees have won close to 30 championships while I believe Citeh has finished first in the top flight twice since 1880.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

in agreement with Blingo now 5 times in a row i think
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

I'm begining to worry about you Alfie :dft011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

By the same token Owen it could be construed that the big 5 have a massively unfair advantage over all of the other teams and can buy success. Make the envelope illegal with a life time ban if caught. Something has to be done to make it a fairer playing field or it all loses it's appeal.

SuffolkWhite

I hear what your saying blingo and I agree, but I think the EU will scupper anything like that. I think the new 25 squad rule will balance things a bit hopefully.

Citeh could buy 25 brilliant players on paper but not make it as a team! Look at Robinho ( I think that's how you spell it) back to Brazil and he hardly set the Prem on fire did he. Would KAKA be great in the Prem? I have a hunch that Citeh wont do as well as most think they will this season, (famous last words eh).
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ImperialWhite

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2010, 06:22:22 PM

By the same token Owen it could be construed that the big 5 have a massively unfair advantage over all of the other teams and can buy success. Make the envelope illegal with a life time ban if caught. Something has to be done to make it a fairer playing field or it all loses it's appeal.

To be fair though, did we (because of MAF's generosity) not 'buy success' to be promoted in 3/5 seasons between 1997-2001 to get into the Prem? Man City et al could be said be buying success at the top, but similarly our continued presence in the top flight could also said to be bought, (see the Fulham finances article). Same with Wigan, Birmingham etc etc. Virtually the whole rotten Premiership relies on buying success.

os5889

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2010, 06:22:22 PM

Haha yes this is true, but can you control how much money a club has to spend? No clubs are equal as in life, so long as clubs ARE spending within there means I have no problem with things, this isn't A1 racing after all it is business.

Saying Man Utd have to spend the same on players as us and Blackpool could never happen as they sell more shirts, more tickets and have more fans than us, I'd argue its your right to buy success, in fact I cant think of a club that hasnt bought or maintained success in the modern world game since the beginning of the famous "television money"

Another issue with a limit would be say for example you have spent 78 million of 100 million and you want to buy Mr Wonderstar coming to in to the last 12 months of a 5 year deal, whats to stop Wonderclubs club saying we want 22.1 million preventing a deal ever happening forcing that player to be unemployed in 6 months? On the flipside players could be strategically prevented from moving clubs or only sold to clubs that their parent club want them to go to.

Its up to clubs to buy responsibly, if you cant afford the player don't buy him! One thing that would help is that if you don't spend within your means you have to deal harsher consequences. A lot of clubs recently (Hull, Pompey, Leeds) have gambled that they'll be successful, if they were they'd be fine. As they weren't they are in mire as they aren't financially sound!

I love the Bundesliga model of not allowing debt to be carried by the clubs, this match tickets are kept more affordable by the FA and the clubs have to manage their money a lot better than our clubs, hell they all report profits year on year!

I agree with your point that transfer fees are high but this would start he problem of how do you value a player? You cant give players set categorical values, the money does the talking and a player is worth what someone is prepared to pay even though I agree silly money is paid occasionally. Players are a commodity and are worth what someone will pay.

If it helps I'm jealous of Man City's riches too  :015:

blingo

Its up to clubs to buy responsibly, if you cant afford the player don't buy him! One thing that would help is that if you don't spend within your means you have to deal harsher consequences. A lot of clubs recently (Hull, Pompey, Leeds) have gambled that they'll be successful, if they were they'd be fine. As they weren't they are in mire as they aren't financially sound!

And there is where you hit the nail firmly on the head. It is forcing "smaller" teams to gamble and of course as you rightly say, if that gamble does not pay off then they are in serious financial trouble. If it carries on then it can not be good for football and will send more than the odd club into ruin. So is it not better for the governing bodies to actually control a problem before it ruins a lot of clubs, because believe me Owen, it will if this continues.

Jealous of MAN CITY????? Get real m8, I am a FULHAM MAN and that means that the others are jealous of ME  :59:

boxhockcycsock

My take is that there should be no limit to how much money clubs can spend on transfer fees during the window, but that a reasonable salary cap should be established for all teams. I think it's similar to when one plays an online fantasy football game: each user has a limited number of credits that one can spend on players, giving each fantasy participant an equal chance to prove his/her shrewdness.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.